Current rogue raiding spec

I have just come back to WoW and leveled my prot warrior to 100 and decided to level my rogue when not on my warrior. I upgraded all of my leather agility heirlooms to 100 and started leveling my rogue - he is 99 now and will be 100 today. The heirlooms made it crazy fast.

I have been leveling as combat but I tried to do some research to see what the preferred raiding spec is and found that it seems to be combat/subtlety depending on the nature of the fight? Is that correct? If so, for the people who do this, do you have two sets of gear with the right secondary stats for each spec, or do you optimize for one of them and live with it for the other?

7+ Year Old Account
    Combat = Haste > Multi > Mastery etc
    Sub = Multi > Mastery > Haste

Try and get gear that has multi on it then depending on your preferred spec (combat was forced on my rogue by RnGsus not dropping dagger) and then aim for whatever primary has. If you can get a decent amount of multi both of those two specs will be complimented greatly.

Quote Originally Posted by dixincide View Post
    Combat = Haste > Multi > Mastery etc
    Sub = Multi > Mastery > Haste

Try and get gear that has multi on it then depending on your preferred spec (combat was forced on my rogue by RnGsus not dropping dagger) and then aim for whatever primary has. If you can get a decent amount of multi both of those two specs will be complimented greatly.
    On Multitarget fights its Combat = Multi > Haste. And since you will play Sub on Singletarget multi is the topstat for both, which is a win-win situation.

Thats not necessarily correct, even though MS pulls ahead in AoE situations there's currently no fight that would be purely aoe, and in BRF fights haste can, and often will pull ahead,so I wouldnt call gearing Combat for MS optimal, though it's certainly a good way to get most out of the sub/combat combo.