Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Meh, I clicked the wrong post to qoute, I was supposed to qoute the guy talking about an AC in China.
    when even so, a side scroller set in china is a poor substitute

I did like chronicles but I want a full game set in china

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    While you're not entirely wrong, it's a game in which you can drop onto straw or hay and it somehow has properties that were only recently discovered in things invented in the last century or so.
    To be fair, certainly leeway has to be given for mechanics. Also, I've seen people jump 50ft and land in a half full paddling pool unhurt, so people can do some crazy shit .

As for Alien Washington... Wasn't that in a joke alternate universe DLC, not an actual AC game? I didn't play it because it was for AC3...

Also, you can forgive things like them saying the Borgia's used Apples of Eden to gain power and had the ability to self replicate and resist sword strikes, because they're trying to tell a story, they need to be period accurate, but they don't need to tell a 100% factual story. You know what happens when you try and tell a factually accurate historical story. You get AC3. AKA The worse AC ever.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah the washington thing was just some WHAT IF DLC

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    Rather then make a new thread gonna use this one

“Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

Had to search to find this thread. Sure would be nice if a mod put this in the stickied megathread...

I saw the opening two sequences on Youtube. Not gonna lie, this game looks cool. At first I thought the setting was gonna be dumb with the typical landscape and the cliche "we gotta give this place freedoms!" *insert hawk of freedom randomly flying by*.

The London Industrial setting is actually pretty fucking cool. First sequence, the factory is so deep and well done it's exciting. It's like "wow this is an open world game but the inside of this factory is so cool looking." Then the second sequence makes you think it's some crazy science experiment place too.

The assassin's themselves are actually interesting. I didn't see how open world would look but them having different roles isn't too bad. I mean, they kinda jam down your throat that they're twins and have jokes with each other. "Where do you get it from [Full Name]?" "The same place you do." yaokaywhatever, but meh.

All I'm saying is that it looks cool from first two sequences. I still have to see open world.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    More milking, still no female lead, female playable for only a fraction of the game?

What even is this.
    How dare developers create their own stories and refuse to listen to the social justice warriors?

The nerve on them.

What's this shit about needing a female lead in every game?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Had to search to find this thread. Sure would be nice if a mod put this in the stickied megathread...

I saw the opening two sequences on Youtube. Not gonna lie, this game looks cool. At first I thought the setting was gonna be dumb with the typical landscape and the cliche "we gotta give this place freedoms!" *insert hawk of freedom randomly flying by*.

The London Industrial setting is actually pretty fucking cool. First sequence, the factory is so deep and well done it's exciting. It's like "wow this is an open world game but the inside of this factory is so cool looking." Then the second sequence makes you think it's some crazy science experiment place too.

The assassin's themselves are actually interesting. I didn't see how open world would look but them having different roles isn't too bad. I mean, they kinda jam down your throat that they're twins and have jokes with each other. "Where do you get it from [Full Name]?" "The same place you do." yaokaywhatever, but meh.

All I'm saying is that it looks cool from first two sequences. I still have to see open world.
    Wow, I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who's excited! Hopefully it'll be better than unity (which I liked, but not as much as AC2/3. I didn't like Black Flag).

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly I think Brotherhood was the best game in the series as it was basically 2 with corrections and additions.

If this game is solid and not a broken mess like Unity, I see no issue.

15+ Year Old Account
    You guys seen this? Pretty slick countdown, and cool media page for AC.

http://www.opencritic.com

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Honestly I think Brotherhood was the best game in the series as it was basically 2 with corrections and additions.

If this game is solid and not a broken mess like Unity, I see no issue.
    my feelings as well

At first I wasn't excited about the setting for Syndicate but the more I see from it the more I'm warming up to it.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOZ-pQxpZGg

Well that's disheartening. At least this time I didn't pre-order.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    More milking, still no female lead, female playable for only a fraction of the game?

What even is this.
    For fuck sake zito (this is an old post from you tho) there was a female lead character on AC, it's called liberation.

Gamespot giving AC 9/10? HAHAHHAHAH oh god my sides, how much money did they receive? and how did they score mad max again? yeah, bullshit.
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksen View Post
    The thing here, is that there's four review that are clearly under everything else that moves the score lower. In reality, IGN, Polygon, Gamespot, Eurogamer, Gameinformer and a pletora of others gave the game 80+ in score. I have a feeling that some people hate the IP and try to kill it. Not that I care though, I'm getting the game anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom4u2 View Post
    The thing here, is that there's four review that are clearly under everything else that moves the score lower. In reality, IGN, Polygon, Gamespot, Eurogamer, Gameinformer and a pletora of others gave the game 80+ in score. I have a feeling that some people hate the IP and try to kill it. Not that I care though, I'm getting the game anyway.
    And those 5 major journalists sites are the ones i mostly dislike, again, look at how they took mad max which is pretty much ubisoft on cars and compare it to how they received AC.

Is A.C. title N°39 a good game? Yeah, why not.
    Is A.C. title N°39 pushing the envelope? No.
    Is A.C. title N°39 buggy? Yes, it's A.C. for fuck sake
    Is A.C. improving the combat mechanic? do enemies still attack one at a time like an rpg? Wtf lol yes.

Then it doesnt seem to me that it'd deserve 9/10's, i'd reserve those for other games like tlou. Just ask yourself: Is this title really a 9/10? does it stand well against major titles like tlou, gta series, half-life, sw:tor, metal gear solid? fuck no.
    Last edited by barackopala; 2015-10-22 at 02:12 PM.
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    And those 5 major journalists sites are the ones i mostly dislike, again, look at how they took mad max which is pretty much ubisoft on cars and compare it to how they received AC.

Is A.C. title N°39 a good game? Yeah, why not.
    Is A.C. title N°39 pushing the envelope? No.
    Is A.C. title N°39 buggy? Yes, it's A.C. for fuck sake
    Is A.C. improving the combat mechanic? do enemies still attack one at a time like an rpg? Wtf lol yes.

Then it doesnt seem to me that it'd deserve 9/10's, i'd reserve those for other games like tlou. Just ask yourself: Is this title really a 9/10? does it stand well against major titles like tlou, gta series, half-life, sw:tor, metal gear solid? fuck no.
    I disagree. You're comparing apples to oranges. GTA V - as any other GTA in fact - story wasn't good. The sole reason people buy GTA is because of the world. AC always have been a master in its genre, creating worlds years after years that are immersive. I can't say that much for several other games. 9/10 seems far fetched for your personal tastes, but objectively, the game isn't different from any other AAA that were released this year. Take every criticism you have against AC, it applies to these other games. Did Arkham Knight revolutionize the industry? No. It's the same thing as Arkham City with a batmobile. Did MGS5 revolutionize anything? No, it's a classic metal gear game. But the games by themselves stand their grounds, same with AC.

Is AC buggy? I'm pretty sure it is. But then again I remember seeing an enemy stretched several meters because part of his model was stuck inside a mesh in Batman. I also remember having the grappling hook grapping the wrong edge in batman. Yet, it still got 90+. Logic?

Also no, enemies does not attack one at a time. In fact, you can see combo where you counter several enemies at once in the videos that were released.

So yeah, I feel like this game deserves better. But then again, I can't play it yet and neither can you.

10+ Year Old Account
    AC a master in its genre? in gameplay batman beat it HARD
    AC was has shitfest of storyline that got cut early on.

MGS V compared to mgs1-2 is a major separation, you have to consider that mgs V introduced the online component, mgs has been constantly on changes that might or might not annoy their playerbase, whilst AC is repetitive as fuck with the tons of "climb the A-B-C tower to clear map" ubisoft trope.

Gamespot gave AC Unity 7/10

Polygon 6.5/10

Hmm wonder why the sudden boost? Because they got paid, or because the game is better?

HOW DARE THEY LIKE AN ENTRY IN THE SERIES THE INTERNET HAS SHOWED ME TO HATE. Obviously got paid off, couldn't be they enjoy it could it?

Syndicate has looked like a solid game since it was unveiled, with the only real worries of performance issues like Unity. Performance issues seem almost non existent to most people reviewing and streaming the game. I'm not surprised a lot of people like the game.

Hell you don't trust journalists? There is a hell of a lot of twitch streamers Ubisoft gave the game to to stream early enjoying it as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    AC a master in its genre? in gameplay batman beat it HARD
    AC was has shitfest of storyline that got cut early on.

MGS V compared to mgs1-2 is a major separation, you have to consider that mgs V introduced the online component, mgs has been constantly on changes that might or might not annoy their playerbase, whilst AC is repetitive as fuck with the tons of "climb the A-B-C tower to clear map" ubisoft trope.
    AC is a master in its genre. Batman doesn't even come close in term of gameplay because it's not the same thing. In batman, you play with evil mastermind. In AC, you demolish an order by climbing through its ranks. By definition you have a very different story and a very different gameplay that comes with it. As for the story, this is so subjective it's horrible. I liked the AC stories. Admittedly, they had high and low, but to say that it's a shitfest is a complete lack of respect toward the devs. Name me a game that beat AC at what it does as a whole and I'll admit being wrong. But as far as I'm concerned, nobody can create worlds the way AC can.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Gamespot gave AC Unity 7/10

Polygon 6.5/10

Hmm wonder why the sudden boost? Because they got paid, or because the game is better?

HOW DARE THEY LIKE AN ENTRY IN THE SERIES THE INTERNET HAS SHOWED ME TO HATE. Obviously got paid off, couldn't be they enjoy it could it?

Syndicate has looked like a solid game since it was unveiled, with the only real worries of performance issues like Unity. Performance issues seem almost non existent to most people reviewing and streaming the game. I'm not surprised a lot of people like the game.

Hell you don't trust journalists? There is a hell of a lot of twitch streamers Ubisoft gave the game to to stream early enjoying it as well.
    Watch your tongue! How dare you say a game made by ubisoft might be good?!?!

10+ Year Old Account
    A master in its genre? dude the AI is as good as a bowling ball on grass, the storyline was cut out from AC3 on forward.
    No one can create a world that AC can? Everyone can create gameplay that AC can't (shadow of mordor for example)

videogamertv take on AC.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIHFCDK6FCs