Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Damn, don't know how lucky you've been. It took me months to get my paladin to the 669/670 he is now. That's with running heroics daily, doing all 4 stages of LFR every week, a few attempts at normal highmaul, then getting into LFR BRF and I've just barely hit that mark just last week.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jujudrood View Post
    Now, I can kind of understand where people are coming from, sort of, but what I don't understand is this: what does that gear do for you, if not used for raiding
    Its raises people's epeen lvl.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nexii View Post
    LFR players want to see the content, I don't think they want perfect gear (well most).
    They already get too see all the content just not at its hardest lvl.
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

LFR players want to see the content, I don't think they want perfect gear (well most).

As far as gear and progression, raid gear was only ever useful to progress further in raids. With LFR existing you can see all the raid bosses as soon as you have the minimum ilvl to queue in. I'd say in the past there was more incentive to get raid gear. For one, Heroic dungeons were much more difficult. Gear made it easier to carry undergeared friends, both in dungeons and raids. Secondly, farming by killing mobs was more prevalent before Garrisons. Higher DPS = higher killrate = more gold per hour farmed. Lastly, raid gear could be used in PvP more. It wasn't always best in slot but it was very powerful. So overall there is less incentive to get gear from raiding now if it isn't your primary focus.
    Then why do LFR players get the most up in arms when anyone even suggests it be blue or no gear awarded. Your idea of content is 100% false maybe 2% do it for the content. I have at least the proof of LFR players getting up in arms. You just suggested with no proof whatsoever.

And it's funny you sugggest raid gear being useful to progress in raids. Why do people keep claiming that mythic's reward is higher ilvl? If you truly want to reward mythic or heroic, have an AotC mount every tier that goes away when the tier is over.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Endonyx View Post
    Its raises people's epeen lvl.

- - - Updated - - -

They already get too see all the content just not at its hardest lvl.
    But but but it's only mythic raiders who care about their epeen. LFR players are so humble and don't care about these things.... /end sarcasm

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    But but but it's only mythic raiders who care about their epeen. LFR players are so humble and don't care about these things.... /end sarcasm
    But but but...its only mythic raiders that want all the gear and dont care for the encounters and becoming the best at their lvl at al... /end sarcasm
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

I hear a lot of people asking for this, like why can't they have content that's hard to solo that drops raid-level gear, with the reason being they like to be completely overpowered when out in the world like raiders are.

To me it comes down to this: if there's someone/something that takes a lot of people to take down, then the loot should be better than something that one single person can do.

I'm not sure some want the power level as much as the look of the newest gear. Most complaints I hear are more about the fact that mythic raiders get the best looking tier sets while LFR gear looks pretty "meh" in comparison. They want the model back where they got a different skin of the same set as heroic/mythic raiders. Being a mythic raider, my opinion is obviously biased, but I really do like the separation of how gear looks for the different difficulties. I think people *should* visually stand out for having achieved the most difficult content in ways more than just "my gear is red and his is green, so it's better." Winning your intramural football league doesn't award you the world cup, and raiding in LFR won't award you the look of a mythic raider.

While I sort of enjoy the visual separation, I really care more about besting the encounters than acquiring the most powerful gear. In fact, I usually use a transmog that I've tailored to be as ugly as possible. But I know others really care about gear and having the highest ilvl and being powerful and looking cool. That's okay too, but they will have to earn it.
    Last edited by Gradywhite; 2015-05-15 at 07:23 AM.

I guess what they mean is they expect to get mythic level gear for free or with little to no effort. Maybe they just want a vendor like in PTR's where mythic level gear or really good gear is just readily available for purchase for like 500g.

Who knows, people are super lazy these days.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I will tell you I am pretty lazy these days...

Most of my off-pieces come from seals or garrison cache. Last night, I put in for a belt from our main raid. The loot council couldn't remember the last time I had actually put in for a piece of loot that wasn't a re-roll type loot item. Seals and Garrison cache pretty much mean I don't have to compete for loot in raid. If my item drops, it drops for me only.
    Last edited by Youn; 2015-05-15 at 07:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Thing is:

After you cleared Mythic Blackhand (or whatever difficulty you chose) why do you need better gear from him or other bosses? You have proven you could kill him in the gear you had?
    To kill him faster next week :P

LFR shouldn't give epic gear, I didn't say otherwise. It's trivial content therefore the reward should not be as good as it is now.

LFR shouldn't give epic gear, I didn't say otherwise. It's trivial content therefore the reward should not be as good as it is now.
    What is good about LFR gear, the items are low iLvl and even the tier sets are different/boring. Is the problem that the name is in purple instead of blue?

To me it seems like LFR gear serves it's purpose: filling pre-raid gear slots while being completely outclassed by the actual raid gear.

LFR is even easier than dungeons that drop blues, that's the problem. Dungeons that take some skill should be the avenue for pre-raid slots, not forcing raiders to suffer through LFR to get raid-ready.

LFR is even easier than dungeons that drop blues, that's the problem. Dungeons that take some skill should be the avenue for pre-raid slots, not forcing raiders to suffer through LFR to get raid-ready.
    It was like that at the start, LFR started late and has a big stagger now.