Deleted

Austria : Vienna’s traffic lights are now gay-themed

Source: http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...ow-gay-themed/

Traditionally, the traffic lights in Austria show a figure of the man who goes when the light is green and stands on red . Now, almost 50 lighst show homosexual pairs.

Do you have a feeling that there is this tendency to create problems where there is none? Communism was inventing problems to heroically fight with them...

Deleted
    Who cares? This doesn't hurt anyone.

Deleted
    waste of money in my eyes, but does not hurt, except the feminists, since the female figure wears a dress, ergo advocating for patriarchy or whatever.
    will catch some attention if you see it the first time, and thats it.
    people who do not pay attention to a green or red traffic light, most likely won't notice what figure is displayed inside anyway.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sztyrymytyry View Post
    Do you have a feeling that there is this tendency to create problems where there is none? Communism was inventing problems to heroically fight with them...
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...traffic-lights

It is because of the upcoming Eurovision Song contest.

Deleted
    Who said that the figure in the dress was a woman in the first place? Seems like the people who commissioned the lights are transphobic if they made such a leap in logic.

Tsk tsk tsk

This seems rather silly. A classic case of trying to paint a problem where there isn't one.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a publicity stunt for the extremely camp Eurovision Song Contest, an event beloved of women with beards and men who wear see through chaps.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eierdotter View Post
    waste of money in my eyes, but does not hurt, except the feminists, since the female figure wears a dress, ergo advocating for patriarchy or whatever.
    will catch some attention if you see it the first time, and thats it.
    people who do not pay attention to a green or red traffic light, most likely won't notice what figure is displayed inside anyway.
    I never notice any figure, I just pay attention to the color of the light.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    This seems rather silly. A classic case of trying to paint a problem where there isn't one.
    People really need to read the whole story before jumping to conclusions.

Deleted
    Fabulous

As in Vienna, German proponents of female traffic lights have also cited scientific reasons despite their political objectives. "One advantage of the 'traffic light woman' would be the enlargement of the illuminated area," the Green and Social Democrats argued in their statement back then.
    A fat bloke on the light could also solve that. Or just colour the whole thing in.

10+ Year Old Account
    theres already a thread about this

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sztyrymytyry View Post
    Do you have a feeling that there is this tendency to create problems where there is none?
    Yes, i do. Oh, i'm not talking about the traffic lights though, i'm talking about this thread.
    Baa weep grahna weep ninny bong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Please use the open thread linked earlier.