Page 2 of 102 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tru View Post
    Yea i got hit with this. I jsut got home from work tried loggin in BAM 6mo ban.. like wtf i wasnt even here . I opened a ticked and pretty much said i log in to que missions and raid 2 nights a week i havent exploited anything.
    Some people can get caught up in the ban waves, so if you keep your ticket open they'll look into it, however most people who are banned are banned for a reason. They don't just roll the dice and go; "Yup. Those players are now banned for fun!"

Yea im no bot ive worked to hard for what I got. I dont pay a sub to have a program run the game for me. Fucking game is the only sort of entertainment in my life sadly. This really irks me
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

Quote Originally Posted by Ringkeeper View Post
    Alot of guilds will have problems with raiding from now on. Reading the comments, alot of active players in active raids got banned.

So even if they bot (most use just combat routines), they keep dungeons/raids going.
    So cheaters should be allowed in the game so we don't inconvenience their raids? That's what you're going with?

If your raid lost enough people to cause problems with your raid schedule, maybe it's a good time to seek out a less shitty guild packed with cheating assholes?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kritisk View Post
    Super awesome, I hope they keep it up. If you want to play WoW, then play. Botting isn't playing.

Quote Originally Posted by bajskorv View Post
    Maybe they shouldn't have botted?
    As a botter myself I can confirm its people using combat routines. I dont raid, so I didn't get the ban. I mostly bot my garrison crap because I dont want to do it. But all 6 month bans are combat routine related.

Deleted
    There's probably a few cases of mistaken identity, and for those people I feel sorry.

Then there's the rest of the slimes who say they haven't done anything, when they actually have.

you know, that not all botter go to your beloved BGs, right?
    Dude, what are you on about? Who gives a fuck where they cheat. They're cheaters. Good riddance.

Yea im no bot ive worked to hard for what I got. I dont pay a sub to have a program run the game for me. Fucking game is the only sort of entertainment in my life sadly. This really irks me
    Then like the blue post said, try repealing it if you think it was in error.

Deleted
    a botter knows, that he can get banned, and won't be mad much.

All the other players in the raids, well, they can search now for new members.
    They shouldn't have hitched their wagon to the botter train.

I can tell ya what tho if this crap doesnt overturn i will be buying me a program just to spite these fkers. 8+ years...

yea ive got a ticket in
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

Go check out the honorbuddy forums.

It's crazy. Never seen so many ban threads.

The website is glitching out because of the massive amount of traffic.

Deleted
    I can tell ya what tho if this crap doesnt overturn i will be buying me a program just to spite these fkers.
    That'll show them!

I can tell ya what tho if this crap doesnt overturn i will be buying me a program just to spite these fkers. 8+ years...
    It's a 6 month ban, not permanent. Also, as has been said, chances are most people are just lying about whether they bot or not.

Deleted
    Blue post 1 min ago.

Hi everyone,

Our Community Management team recently posted a notification in our General Discussion Forums.

Recent Actions Against Botting in WoW

We’ve recently taken action against a large number of World of Warcraft accounts that were found to be using third-party programs that automate gameplay, known as “bots.” We’re committed to providing an equal and fair playing field for everyone in World of Warcraft, and will continue to take action against those found in violation of our Terms of Use. Cheating of any form will not be tolerated.

If you believe that you’ve encountered a player using a bot, exploit, or cheat, please use the in-game reporting function to let us know. General information about third party cheating websites or new cheating software can be emailed to our Hacks team at hacks@blizzard.com.

For players who believe an action was taken in error, please submit a ticket and request an appeal. Please be advised that Game Masters will not be able to share additional details other than the reasons stated in emails sent to the registered Battle.net Account.

Deleted
    So Blizzard's bot detection failed spectacularly, with tons of false positives. And their customer support is responding with the usual utter incompetence. Although this is entertaining, it makes me nostalgic for the old Blizzard that was actually competent (and had amazing customer support).

f you believe that you’ve encountered a player using a bot, exploit, or cheat, please use the in-game reporting function to let us know. General information about third party cheating websites or new cheating software can be emailed to our Hacks team at hacks@blizzard.com.
    whyyyy would they say that. they gonna have work to do over that for months lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kingbrab View Post
    So Blizzard's bot detection failed spectacularly, with tons of false positives.
    No possible way you know that.

Deleted
    I lost two accounts, one of them was a character that has had its sub expired for over 2 weeks, other was my main account. You take a risk and that's what happens, just lucky its only 6 months and not permanent, this is the second Ban I've had

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kingbrab View Post
    So Blizzard's bot detection failed spectacularly, with tons of false positives. And their customer support is responding with the usual utter incompetence. Although this is entertaining, it makes me nostalgic for the old Blizzard that was actually competent (and had amazing customer support).
    No, the bot detection worked splendidly. The so called false positives are just guilty people pleading their innocence.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomservo View Post
    People don't get banned for nothing. People lie and say they got banned for nothing.
    This is not true. I got perma banned for "buying gold" a few months back. Put in a ticket and was unbanned when I got home from work.