Question Exotic Munitions, Focusing Shot and other talents that are weak in PvE?

I recently got my hunter to lvl100 and i have been checking out various PvE guides for all 3 specs.

Most guides suggest taking Lone Wolf/Adaptation in almost all PvE situations, except some specific AoE moments where Focusing Shot could maybe be a better situational option.

This situation saddens me greatly since i really liked the idea that the other two talents bring.

I must say that "Focusing Shot" should (IMO) not have the "can't be cast while moving" restriction.
    But it's basic idea of "getting more Focus faster" feels really nice (instead of spamming steady/cobra).

Either way i keep hoping that 6.2 will have some much needed buffs for various underused talents.
    It sucks quite a lot when one talent (on a tier) is far superior to the other 2 choices (for a certain spec).

Greatly kills the fun and variety when picking something that is not optimal (like Stampede) will just cripple you
    And most of the talents are okay design-wise, they just need a number tweak... which really should not take blizzard much effort.

Deleted
    Totally agreeing on focusing shot, especially when paring it up with stead focus.

Playing as mm, the most focus heavy spec, it feels weird that a flat %increase that doesn't require thinking would be better than a ability that requires rethinking, and feelslike it solves the problems of the spec like that. The "cannot move" restriction adds to the feeling that it's made for mm, as the mastery asks for this "stop to get the bonus" anyways.

Removing the restriction would be an idea, raising it's damage further, or reducing it's cast time would be other options.
    Or maybe give it something like individual buffs that reduce cast time of shots, allow a chance to reset a cooldown, increase damage of certain skills...

Raven's should be a little better than stampede on fights where you cannot get 2 stampedes by less than a minute, and far ahead on fights where you can make good use of it's reset.

Another ability I'd like to be better would be PowerShot. It's high damage couple with Chimaera Shot sounds very ineresting, but the knockback kills it in pve and the "cannot cast while moving" ruins it in pvp, kinda. Even excluding those drawbacks, its cd is to long for it's damage. for a single target chimaera shot to have thrice it's cooldown...

Exotic Ammunitions sounds boring to me though. Imo would be more interesting as a sv specific talent/skill, since they are all about magical damage anyway, and it is as passive as lonewolf/adaptation also.

EM has always been super disappointing to me. The swiss-army-knife property that it gives you is really neat. It's a damn shame that in practice it's so lackluster. I really want to like it.

And Powershot is a perfect example of why we need the capacity to glyph talented abilities to somehow become a thing. It's a cool shot that just holds itself back a bit too much as per Omanley1's description.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

All that is needed are some simple number tweaks.
    Removing the "you can't move" restriction from Focusing Shot and Power Shot is also needed.

For balancing reasons some abilities can get the "does less damage against players" change to keep PvP from becoming more unbalanced.

focusing shot will be viable in the next tier for MM if they keep the t18 4p

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    All that is needed are some simple number tweaks.
    Removing the "you can't move" restriction from Focusing Shot and Power Shot is also needed.

For balancing reasons some abilities can get the "does less damage against players" change to keep PvP from becoming more unbalanced.

I agree it should be removed for Power Shot, but not Focusing Shot.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by galaxyquest View Post
    I agree it should be removed for Power Shot, but not Focusing Shot.
    Same it will become OP for PvP.We got so much trash hunters now just because we can move and average casual cant with their mages.Imagine if FS get that restrict removed ...

As surv in mythic BRF, I run Focusing Shot/Barrage on some fight and LW/Powershot on others. Only fight I run LW/Barrage is on Kromog (and honestly, going to start running LW/Powershot as we no longer need extra dps for hands anymore).

Most "dps" based talents have some use in one form or another. However, it depends on spec to spec. Like only LW MM uses glaive. Only Beast uses Dire beast.

Blink Strikes is kinda meh as Beast can uses it on a few fights but still usually not ahead of Crows or Stampede for them.

The only real talent that has no PvE uses is Exotic Munitions. It basically a pvp talent only and only because of frost ammo (which we don't even need). Poison and Fire ammo have zero use as they are such a dps loss. The whole talent needs to be junked and reworked.

But remember, just cause one spec (or your spec) doesn't, most of the talents on the hunter tree has some uses. And honestly, you should be switching talents depending on fight (its stupid easy and cost what...20s?).