Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Simulatio View Post
    There's a theory that every PC in an elder scrolls game is capable of, or has already achieved CHIM. In gameplay terms, that would mean he effectively has access to console commands.

Tilde, select Gruul, /kill.
    Console commands in WoW work on . basis

To kill anything, you'll have to type .die
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post

But now let's drop an enchant on it. Being a tank, he's likely bringing Absorb Health, and since effects like Slow and Paralyze won't work here, let's make the second effect Chaos Damage -- 50% each chance for fire, frost, and lightning damage. Again, with maximum skill, perks, a set of unique armor and a potion, you could get 34 Absorb Health and 42 Chaos Damage, which in turn, averages 63 per hit. Scale that up too, and you get an average magic damage of 274 per strike.

1,081 damage per hit isn't all that bad. It compares to 670 tank blade that Gruul himself drops on Normal mode quite favorably, which does 879.5 damage on average. The mace swings faster, but the Dragonborn doesn't get special attacks like Death Strike or Revenge. In any event, the damage is at least high enough to make holding threat realistic, just not necessarily trivial.
    the bold made me realize this isn't going to be at all accurate when assembling a decent dragonborn... let alone someone stacking anything other than health if health is going to be an issue. not including the magic immune possibility no mention of perk stacking for enchants (chaos can triple and quadruple dip multiple % modifiers on it's damage)....

chaos is what. 1.5 mag for each element? at 100 that's something like 150 per, but you can go higher with teh destruction and enchanting perks. pair it with, say, fear and you can eek out even more through illusion perks.

no mention of 30% spell absorption or possible 80% with right stone sign (or 100%+ if you know how).

nice try overall but not thought out enough.

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    you have a very weird idea of "blew up"....

Just because the debris is larger than you'd like doesn't make it any less of an explosion. The planet severely ruptured to the point where it only still exists because #magic and a wizard did in fact do it.

on topic:

the dragonborn can alter time and existence with their very will. Gruul is an oaf the size of a building. This isn't a contest.
    I think I have a very normal idea of what an explosion is. When most people hear explosion or blown up I think they imagine something closer to a grenade instead of shoving a needle through a pop can. A rupture and an explosion aren't the same thing.

Looking at this from a lore perspective (the only logical way to tackle it instead of basing the fight off a bunch of meaningless numbers and game mechanics) Lore wise a practiced user of the thu'um (tongue) has the ability to shout apart entire castle walls. In fact many nordic generals, Jarl and Thanes in the times of old used it very openly and would hardly ever need actual siege weaponry as their voices could level cities. The greybeards (not all but some) have live a mute life as they become so atuned to the thu'um that just speaking normally can cause earthquakes, avalanches or shake the entirety of Skyrim.

Dragonborn are dragons in all sense of the word, minus physical appearance/body and can do anything a dragon can minus physical limitations (like flying). All the aedra have different aspects. Akatosh, Auriel, Alduin, Alkosh, Aka-Tusk, Tosh Raka, Ruptga, AKHAT, All dragons, including a dragonborn are all shards/fragments/pieces of the AKA oversoul (some just bigger/more powerful pieces than others). Imagine each god as a body (in this case the body is Time - AKA) , with each cultural/racial aspect as one limb created by faith, stretching outward, representing one trait or "dominion" of their sphere; Auriel is the beginning of Time, Akatosh is all of time, Alkosh is the maintenance of time, Alduin is its end etc etc. They are all one, but also separate and independent. They fight amongst themselves, they make love, they merge and split and multiply all according to the beliefs of mortals.

Almost all Dragonborn are destined to be legendary figures, heroes or leaders. As they are literally living fragments of time/AKA/Akatosh itself in a mortal shell. The dragonborn in Skyrim has consumed the souls of countless dozens of dragons by the time he faces Alduin. The more dragons 'slain' the stronger he becomes. The shard/piece of time/AKA that is the dragonborn essentially consumes the shard of AKA that the dragon is, in a sense making the peice/shard of Aka the dragonborn is larger and in turn more powerful. The Dragonborn becomes so powerful, he is an aspect of time almost as strong as Alduin (though not quite as he still needs the assistance of the spirits of 3 legendary, albeit regular nord, tongues). Then you take into account all the dragons that either fall to the Dragonborn after Alduin and then Miraak who was a millennia old Dragonborn who over the centuries consumed hundreds of Dragon souls himself and his soul/power is then taken by the Dragonborn.

So ya prophesied legendary heroe that is a dragon/piece of a god/time itself in a human body > Random Gronn who killed wow dragons a lot

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    Gruul the Dragonkiller. It took an entire raid of Dragonborn-powerlevel heroes to slay him.
    But the Dragonborn stole the Dragonsoul(s) from Thrall. He can one shot Neltharion into the Maelstrom.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

actually, when the greybeards speak, it shakes all of tamriel. storms appear as well.

and they're not even as strong as the first tongues.... gormlaith, feldiir, and hakon. the dragonborn is stronger than the tongues, stronger than miraak, and stronger than a god/demi-god that eats the world when it's time for it to end.

this is insane rapestomp in favor of the dragonborn. the dragonborn can also just rip gruul's soul out, due to the shout he learns from durnehvir.

If he can keep dodging and using shouts the dragonborn would probably win. Because fall dmg exists in skyrim if Gruul actually landed a hit the dragonborn would go and flying and end up goo.

10+ Year Old Account
    What version of Gruul are we talking about here? Outlands or AU Dreanor Gruul?
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    I think I have a very normal idea of what an explosion is. When most people hear explosion or blown up I think they imagine something closer to a grenade instead of shoving a needle through a pop can. A rupture and an explosion aren't the same thing.
    it's not that black and white....

a rupture merely means something has been broken, breached or burst. an explosion can be a rupture and vice versa. To me it seems you're trying to discuss the explosive yield as a mean of determining whether or not it was an explosion?

10+ Year Old Account
    Dovahkiin would win

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    But the Dragonborn stole the Dragonsoul(s) from Thrall. He can one shot Neltharion into the Maelstrom.
    Nonsense! Dragonborn do not need dragonsoul(s) to beat Deathwing! He can use his / her Fus Ro Dah and job is finished!

But seriously. I love this topic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    Nonsense! Dragonborn do not need dragonsoul(s) to beat Deathwing! He can use his / her Fus Ro Dah and job is finished!

But seriously. I love this topic.
    You mean DRAGON REND!

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    You mean DRAGON REND!
    that would sooo skip some fight phases.