Deleted

which eu server has the best endgame scene for pugging/unguilded play?

I hear ragnarok is legacy and is full of people already decked out in gear so it might not be as active, odin is apparently one of the most active and has a large pve scene but apparently full of bad players(tho not as bad as the other servers).

just confused.

Deleted
    On the server I played (lich) any of the hardest content was virtually with impossible pugs because there were always several bad players. It might be different on other servers but I doubt it. It was possible to get through hard content but took so many tries it's not worth it. And you couldn't farm it as the game requires you to do so to get the drops you need so it was pointless. The problem is if you make stuff possible for pugs it's too easy for guilds.

Deleted
    I really feel like all those server differences are blown out of proportion, people act like there are specific rules one can join server so for example only for raiders etc. Truth is probably 90% of people join on random. Same can be said about population, all I see on forums people mentioning one or two names, and act like rest is ghost town. For example I'm from server nobody ever mentions, and we have login queue everyday (pretty short thankfully). Can't comment on quality of pugs since I play vey casually, but I see a lot of group formings, pony selling etc on chat in Mor Dhona

I started playing a couple of months ago and had the same issue but the servers I tried out all seemed pretty active. Ultimately I decided to look at the recruitment side (reddit and final fantasy forums) to get an idea of whether groups seemed to still be actively being made. I chose Ragnarok due to it having a few guilds (free companies) still actively recruiting, so I figured the server must be active and I was correct, there are always plenty of people around and groups running.

Thing is, pretty much whatever server you join you will find that the majority of the population are geared, but it really makes little difference in my experience and hasn't stopped too many people from playing due to people levelling and gearing other classes/jobs. I joined a fantastic free company who are more than happy to help me with things to catch up, such as trials and primals so I can experience as much of the content as possible without the sometimes unfavourable attitude you get from trying to PuG.

If you are just looking to solo content, you do see a lot of party finder groups on Ragnarok especially for FATE farming.. but yeah I guess a lot of the servers will have a similar issue with people only really doing "end game" stuff so you tend to use the Duty Finder tool while levelling anyway which is cross-server.

Legacy is full of people already decked out... but at this point in the game, the Legacy title doesn't really matter because nearly every server is full of people already decked out. This is good for people trying to break into the raid/ high end content scene because it means there will be tons more people at higher gear levels than you farming the content so any gear or skill discrepancy on your will be slightly overshadowed by these players. You don't have to be the best of the best to get in there anymore.

That's my take and experience, YMMV.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am on Ragnarok, there are still plenty of T10-13 farming all the time.

Odin is also another very good server, and from what I heard, community much better than those on Ragnarok.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cherrycoke9897 View Post
    On the server I played (lich) any of the hardest content was virtually with impossible pugs because there were always several bad players.
    Because it was a new server build to handle the server load at the beginning of the game, so minimal Legacy players for a start, then also due to new server, everything quieter and slower, most of the good players changed server the first moment they get a chance, making the server generally worse and worse.