New to raiding as hunter, quick pet question!

Like the title says, i'm starting to raid as a hunter for our guild since we are short hunters at the moment. As far as mythic quality play goes, is there certain pets I should have as a BM hunter or any spec Hunter to maximize dps for the raid?

Thanks in advance

In mythic all your buffs will generally be covered by the other classes. If not, have that buff pet.

Otherwise I'd go with a spirit beast for the heal, or a brezz pet if your raid is bad at brezzing. Keep in mind, though, the pet brezz is awfully clunky and hunters should be literally the last option for brezzing.

I'm not sure if the pet still exists but there was one pet that was the best to have if all buffs were covered. Its special ability was an aoe sunder, armor reduction.

Clearly the best hunter pet for everything is a spore bat.

But for real just use whatever pet covers whatever buff your raid is missing or choose the prettiest one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    I'm not sure if the pet still exists but there was one pet that was the best to have if all buffs were covered. Its special ability was an aoe sunder, armor reduction.
    That was tallstriders, and that buff (and thus the ability that applied it) was removed.

I keep the following pets on me for all cases in a raiding environment:

1. a non-BM pet if I don't want to play BM and need a pet for stampede to use
    2. 1 spirit beast (this is my default pet. The heal is so great.)
    3. 1 corehound (for that emergency bloodlust if all other lusters are dead or we don't have any others)
    4. 1 Quilen (for that emergency brez just in case)
    5. 1 tanking pet like a beetle or turtle. This could also count as your non-BM pet

15+ Year Old Account
    As others have said, quilen for a battle rez or spirit beast for the heals it provides if you're BM and don't need a specific buff pet. Otherwise its up to you.

Deleted
    As others have said, Spirit Beast is great. On high damage fights like Kromog/Blackhand just set it on auto-cast. On others make a macro for a big self-heal.

#showtooltip Spirit Mend
    /use Exhilaration
    /use Healing Tonic
    /use Healthstone
    /cast [@player] Spirit Mend

I think spirit beasts heal is getting buffed in 6.2 so it's a good incentive to have one present if all buffs are covered.

Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    I think spirit beasts heal is getting buffed in 6.2 so it's a good incentive to have one present if all buffs are covered.
    It is indeed, unless it was a tooltip fix.

basically what was said, battle rez (which yeah...its clunky) and maybe a lust/hero pet. If BM then spirit beast for heal is really nice.
    If your raid is for some reason missing one of the nine raid buffs, you can cover with the proper pet.

I generally run with Turtle, Wolf (have had him for so long, cant bear to stable him), Serpent (inside guild joke about spellpower), Moth, and my blue Molten Front dailies spider just because I like his look. I was using Bear for awhile for some alt runs because for some reason we had no warriors, no priests, or even a lock in our alt runs so I would bring the Bear over the spider for stamina.

But TLR, if all raid buff are covered, bring whatever you feel like....just make sure its switched ferocity spec.