Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I long thought the nature of GW2 combat facilitated shouts behaving on a dual axis of yield/duration. Not sure about this design that makes Reaper shouts effectively off-GCD offensive PBAoEs relative to other shouts in the game.

It's like you are questioning the meaning of life Fencer.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    It had to be done.

Reminder, deep dive is on POI at noon Pacific, 1.5 hrs from this post.
    https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/w...s-of-interest/
    Valar morghulis

Well leech necro got buffed. They can put an aura on allies to have them leech too. Also they fucking went hamstring on chill. Holy shitso much chill applications

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Well leech necro got buffed. They can put an aura on allies to have them leech too. Also they fucking went hamstring on chill. Holy shitso much chill applications
    I'd imagine there's going to be reapers in WvW who jump into enemy packs and AOE chill everybody, thereby indirectly killing them as they cannot escape the zerg.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    I'd imagine there's going to be reapers in WvW who jump into enemy packs and AOE chill everybody, thereby indirectly killing them as they cannot escape the zerg.
    Wellomancers on steroids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here's the video of the livestream:

And of course, Dulfy's cliff notes: https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/...estream_notes/

They made mention in the livestream a couple times about next week's show, said it was going to be a ton of info. Since next week is Ready Up and not POI, could possibly be something to do with PvP or WvW I'm thinking.
    Valar morghulis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    *Post*
    I always watch WoodenPotatoes after a reveal. He always does a good quick preview and explains a lot of possible builds and combos.

Here is his Reaper video:

So RS auto gives you life force so you could stay in RS forever if you don't get hit. Kinda intersting I guess.

I wish in DS/RS you could see your utilitys so you know they are coming off CD

10+ Year Old Account
    The reaper deisng reminds me of darksiders 2 main character (death) transformation into the reaper (SO MUCH AWESOME o:
    http://www.laps4.com/juegos/imagen-d...rs-2-19270.jpg
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    The reaper deisng reminds me of darksiders 2 main character (death) transformation into the reaper (SO MUCH AWESOME o:
    http://www.laps4.com/juegos/imagen-d...rs-2-19270.jpg
    It does remind me of DEATH when he turns into Reaper form.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyways, i was dead set on going Revenant with the expac, but since there will be so many out there, Reaper kinda looks amazing aswell since i keep watching its videos/livestreams. It fits into the whole Death Knight vibe i dig, the abilities and mechanics displayed are awesome and i already have a Necro at 80, so i just need to map complete with it since i'm so OCD about that star next to my name.

Quote Originally Posted by Razael View Post
    Anyways, i was dead set on going Revenant with the expac, but since there will be so many out there, Reaper kinda looks amazing aswell since i keep watching its videos/livestreams. It fits into the whole Death Knight vibe i dig, the abilities and mechanics displayed are awesome and i already have a Necro at 80, so i just need to map complete with it since i'm so OCD about that star next to my name.
    For all us Altaholics out there, it won't be a choice. I've got two of necro/mesmer/guardian/elementalist, engineer, one of the others. So add a revenant, and maybe I'd make another Warrior if they do something different. I should get a couple more stars, but it really just feels like busywork.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    For all us Altaholics out there, it won't be a choice. I've got two of necro/mesmer/guardian/elementalist, engineer, one of the others. So add a revenant, and maybe I'd make another Warrior if they do something different. I should get a couple more stars, but it really just feels like busywork.
    Grab some buddies and have them tag along. I did that recently with one friend. Didn't complete all of world explorer, but got a lot of it done. I've still got my guardian, thief, and eng left to do world explorer, and a necro and mes to level up. o.o

OT: I'm thinking reaper may end up being part of necro pve meta. Although I did see something posted (on official forums, I believe) noting a lot of bosses/mobs that are immune to chill. That would be incredibly lame.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazgrel View Post
    Although I did see something posted (on official forums, I believe) noting a lot of bosses/mobs that are immune to chill. That would be incredibly lame.
    That wouldn't be surprising. Necro is the redhead stepchild. :3
    It's high noon.
    Personality: INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Kazgrel View Post
    Grab some buddies and have them tag along. I did that recently with one friend. Didn't complete all of world explorer, but got a lot of it done. I've still got my guardian, thief, and eng left to do world explorer, and a necro and mes to level up. o.o
    I'm at like 60% on... 10 characters. Not in any rush. I plan on buying the expac, so don't care about reading info on it, so the lack of a date is just causing NoContentApathy.

Luckily, Emperor Vitiate needs killing, and my ugly Secret World guy still needs to stamp out some cultists in Egypt, so I'm fine mostly.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Deleted
    This has made me return to playing GW2. I don't care if people claim they are "copying" Death Knights, I'm stoked. I played a DK in WoW for years, quite competitively, and always wished there was a parallel class in GW2. My Necromancer never felt right despite having axe or dagger builds, and minions etc. I really like their description of it being similar in theme to Pyramid Head, I want people's first though when seeing me in PvP to be "shit, run away". I do hope though that it doesn't just lead to me being kited till I die

However, as I mostly play PvE, I look forward to the idea of wading into enemies and making them have a very. bad. time.

I may have missed it, but are they going to change the type of armour the Necromancer can wear? I've always wanted to get and wear the Armageddon set, but it was the wrong type for me. That armour set would be very much in theme for this class.

Deleted
    I'm partially excited about pvp. Having a melee necro that's actually viable in pvp is pretty moistening tbh. But will have to see what the uptime on being in melee range is like.

Has anyone thought about what OH would go best with the greatsword? Staff is pretty hard to beat for pvp I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Zombina View Post
    I'm partially excited about pvp. Having a melee necro that's actually viable in pvp is pretty moistening tbh. But will have to see what the uptime on being in melee range is like.

Has anyone thought about what OH would go best with the greatsword? Staff is pretty hard to beat for pvp I guess.
    Unless they change all the other weapons in some way, staff will be the go to secondary forever. It has too much utility and is a solid range option that nothing compares to it.

Deleted
    Particularly, being able to drop an AoE chill then swap to Greatsword would benefit the playstyle greatly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinna View Post
    Particularly, being able to drop an AoE chill then swap to Greatsword would benefit the playstyle greatly.
    You can already do that.

All you need to do, is to pick up Well of Darkness that periodically applies Blind and Chilling Darkness trait in Curses line which applies Chill on Blinded target aswell.

Also if I remember well, there will be traits in Reaper line that increases crit chance for vulnereabilty stack applied (2% per stack I believe) and another trait that cast AoE chill on critical strike. With Axe and Focus you can already apply over 16 stacks and with that weapon enchant you easily apply maximum 25 stacks, you even have a trait in Spite line that applies 3 stacks on Chilling a foe. With one of the last traits in Reaper line that makes chill do damage it might be insane. I am loving how much synergy there is in Necromancer existing lines and upcoming Reaper, so many variations.

This is the build I plan to go: http://dulfy.net/gw2traits#build=AgQB_AL0Brg~ with a Axe+Focus and Greatsword.