Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Quick questions about Mass Entangle/Entangling Roots for Mythic Maidens.

Quick questions about the spells and how they work 100% in the encounter Iron Maidens, on Sorka's boat phase.

Does the 2 spells have any interaction with eachother, or anything that causes the spells to get DR?
    The logic thing is that you can ME as many mobs as possible within an area and on top of that root 1 more individual mob with the "normal" entangling roots.

This is correct right?
    With best regards

Yeah I believe you could, I used to do that in battlegrounds.

Yes you can, we send up 3 boomkins and perma cc the adds

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I do that boat as resto and you can single into a mass then single again.

Yes, just did that yesterday. ME likes to "forget" a mob every now and then, so having the single root on your bar is a very good idea. It also lasts longer.

Deleted
    We had two boomkins, one resto.

When we got up there, we instantly Vortex where the boss is standing. When the boss is pulled, the two adds run with the boss, get hit by the vortex and dragged back to the centre. This is where one druid casts his first ME (The closer they are together the better, as ME has quite a small range - so it makes it easier for the next adds to be kited and pinned down).

The next add that spawned is then single rooted near the pack and then a ME follows.

You repeat the single root and reapply ME every time it is about to expire when a new add spawns and it is kited to the pack; there is no DR.

We brought a resto to prioritise on the single rooting as they get an instant cast of it and this also maximises the damage of the boomkins as they do not need to focus on single rooting.

If your druids only focus on reapplying ME just before it expires and you have one druid dedicating the single rooting when it is kited to the pack of Mass Entangled adds, it makes the boat kind of trivial.

You just need to make sure that the new add that was single rooted by your dedicated druid is then mass entangled before the new add, otherwise he will release (as you can only have one single root per druid, per add.) But of course, with good communication another druid can single root in case of emergencies.
    Last edited by mmoc35f4878b7b; 2015-05-15 at 10:20 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think I posted in a similar thread already but I even have a little video with our root rotation from the pov of myself as a resto druid, that might help someone

We open up with single target roots and later just kite the adds through the middle and then mass root them there. In case one happens to break for whatever reason, we catch it with single target roots.

2 Hunter, 2 Moonkin and Restodruid make the phase as easy as it gets.

Trap the first two that are just standing there.
    Singleroot add 3,4 and 5.
    Massroot add 6 and 7.

Use vortex, binding, disengage net as you like. Boss should be dead at 7-8.

I don't understand why people make it so silly when they have 3 druids. you mass root every time an add spawns with 3 druids.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    We trap first 2 (why not, doesn't cost much) 3rd add I single root, 4th add I mass root, 5th add I single root then 6th requires another druid to start mass rooting. Basically, I handle the first 5 adds so the boomies don't have to worry about it. Usually done by then anyways.

I also used the entangling root glyph (-0.5s cast or something) just because stampede isn't needed at all really and it just enables faster rooting if adds are close.

10+ Year Old Account
    1 resto 1 boomkin, single root first 2, his ME, my ME, his single root, my single root, vortex/trap if needed. Certainly don't need these crazy combo's ppl are listing, even 2 druids feels overkill if you have any sort of stun.
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

We do it with 2 druids (me (boomkin) & a feral) for ME & single root, and a disc priest for void tendrils, and a hunter for initial trap. Single root one of first 2 adds (hunter traps the other), druid & I rotate ST roots and ME and the priest uses VT when our ME's are down if multiple adds break out for some reason.

We did it with a guardian druid + boomkin. Usually I just ME the first 2, single the 3rd, tank ME on the 4th, I single on the 5th, then I ME on the 6th, etc etc. Obviously doing it with 2 requires A LOT more coordination than having 3 druids. 3 Druids is basically just ME everytime and single if necessary/add is too far away.

10+ Year Old Account
    We did Sorka boat with three druids - feral, balance and resto. We had two hunters up alongside us.

As soon as we landed on the boat and before tank pulled, the feral cast Mass Entanglement and rooted the two adds already there; one hunter put down an ice trap, and the hunters and druids stood between the boat boss and the rooted adds. As soon as a new add spawned, the fixated player moved through (or, if already fixated, around) the rooted adds, so that the new add was close to the rooted ones. Then, the balance druid used Mass Entanglement, and rooted that add. When the next add spawned, the same happened except I - the resto druid - used ME. The ice trap also helped slow the adds down so they stayed together long enough to be CC'd.

From there, we just rotated the roots: feral > balance > resto > feral > balance > resto, until the boat boss was dead.

If ever an add or two got loose, I'd be in ToL form, which gives instant-cast single-target root. I'd just catch the stray adds and keep them rooted individually if the next ME wasn't going to reach them. We also had the hunters use Binding Shot to keep them near the middle, and Ursol's Vortex occasionally too.

Our guild's kill video has the PoV of the balance druid, actually, so you can probably better see what we did here.

Long story short: cheesing it with three druids just makes things a lot easier. The hunters helped a lot, but weren't strictly necessary if, for whatever reason, you don't have two hunters to spare for the boat.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunaeria View Post
    As soon as a new add spawned, the fixated player moved through (or, if already fixated, around) the rooted adds, so that the new add was close to the rooted ones.
    The rooted adds hit whoever is in range, even if it isn't ther primary target. So running through always gets you hit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    The rooted adds hit whoever is in range, even if it isn't ther primary target. So running through always gets you hit.
    The poster you quoted mentioned they had three druids and two hunters on the boat, so obviously running through means blinking or disengaging over. We do it like this and people don't normally take damage unless the ability happens to be on cd or they forget what to do or don't notice they are fixated etc...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snaige View Post
    The poster you quoted mentioned they had three druids and two hunters on the boat, so obviously running through means blinking or disengaging over. We do it like this and people don't normally take damage unless the ability happens to be on cd or they forget what to do or don't notice they are fixated etc...
    Yeah, sorry for not elaborating on that. I meant blinking/disengaging through, which was another benefit to the druid/hunter set-up, really.

In my guild we have hunters trap 1st and 2nd add just before the boss is pulled. 3rd add is binding shotted by a hunter. 4th and 5th adds are rooted. We don't bring any healer. It's not needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikael123 View Post
    In my guild we have hunters trap 1st and 2nd add just before the boss is pulled. 3rd add is binding shotted by a hunter. 4th and 5th adds are rooted. We don't bring any healer. It's not needed.
    It's not needed to bring more DDs either, though. Besides, if you only have two druids and one of them happens to be resto, you don't exactly have much choice.

It's not needed to bring more DDs either, though. Besides, if you only have two druids and one of them happens to be resto, you don't exactly have much choice.
    Well you would want 2 or more boomies before BH so maidens would be a good place to start.