Page 27 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hayvanadam View Post
    Wait what? Why is that? I always thought simming my own char with my own gear was the best way to know which stat offers more dps compared to others? According to my results, since I already have butloads of mastery, haste and crit shoot above mastery. Thus I believed it was better to increase my crit/haste compared to mastery for more dps. Thus I was gemming and enchanting haste instead of mastery lately.

Edit: I wanted to argue that while there are no diminishing returns on mastery, it is still linear gains. While haste/crit/multi increase non-linearly the more mastery you have. As a result, it is possible to have non-mastery stats become better than mastery if you have 2-2.5k mastery.
    Like you said. Stat weights are fluid, which means if you reduce your mastery, it will increase in value. Therefore you need to compare them at a baseline to see which one offers the most. Otherwise you will end up in a loop, where every time you change your gear/gems/enchants, you will have to change them again because the stat weights will always shift.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    Like you said. Stat weights are fluid, which means if you reduce your mastery, it will increase in value. Therefore you need to compare them at a baseline to see which one offers the most. Otherwise you will end up in a loop, where every time you change your gear/gems/enchants, you will have to change them again because the stat weights will always shift.
    +1

If you sim your gear and find Haste is your highest stat, change all your gems/enchants to haste, and re-sim your gear, maybe crit is your highest stat now. When you change to crit maybe mastery is. You'll never get an accurate weighting because each sim will favour a different stat for the reasons you describe.

Equalizing secondaries is like telling the sim "I have 6k worth of secondary stats to work with, how do I distribute them across the 5 secondaries to receive the biggest benefit?"

The way that we interpolate the results of that sim as being the value of each stat in comparison to the others isn't technically correct - but it's close enough and serves the purpose.

Cheers, it is good to hear I was not wrong

so I got a heroic profecry of fear trinket from my chest warforged LOL! um should i even bothering using it over those ? http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...sdead/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by Alame View Post
    MFW boomkin in guild gets MWF avoidance DSI from his cache and I get Hellfire Assault shoulders.
    MFW no cache 5 days after i was supposed to get it...

Quote Originally Posted by Fearsom1992 View Post
    so I got a heroic profecry of fear trinket from my chest warforged LOL! um should i even bothering using it over those ? http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...sdead/advanced
    The only issue with your SoC is the low proc chance. remember it has 14% less chance to proc than the tooltip states

Hello.
    Is there any cap of mastery for owl? Cus I have 98% with only owl buff, and to be honest, I dont know profitable it or not.
    Cant post links (You are not allowed to post any kinds of links, images or videos until you post a few times.), but my character is Бэстлайф on Soulflayer(Свежеватель душ) EU.
    I will be glad to any advice on my gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shtoch View Post
    Hello.
    Is there any cap of mastery for owl? Cus I have 98% with only owl buff, and to be honest, I dont know profitable it or not.
    Cant post links (You are not allowed to post any kinds of links, images or videos until you post a few times.), but my character is Бэстлайф on Soulflayer(Свежеватель душ) EU.
    I will be glad to any advice on my gear.
    We always want more mastery.
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

Quote Originally Posted by xtramuscle View Post
    We always want more mastery.
    Ye, but have not seen anyone with as many as I have and that's why I'm asking.
    Last edited by Shtoch; 2015-07-28 at 07:29 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    All our stats are really close in value (except for Versa which is always lower than others) and mastery is simply bonus to our dmg. No need to worry about too much of it

10+ Year Old Account
    then check my armoury, I have more, I sat on exactly 100.00% with self buffs the other day.
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,

then check my armoury, I have more, I sat on exactly 100.00% with self buffs the other day.
    I think i'm at 113% right now. More than 100%, either way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    I think i'm at 113% right now. More than 100%, either way.
    Yeah it's easily doable, I've got a few pieces with no mastery at all atm, cause of the ilv. I've swapped in tier gloves aswell cause of worryingly low crit levels
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,

Yeah it's easily doable, I've got a few pieces with no mastery at all atm, cause of the ilv. I've swapped in tier gloves aswell cause of worryingly low crit levels
    Got lucky early on with a box of Archi WF gloves. That helped a bit.

7+ Year Old Account

Just once I'd like a useful piece out of a cache.

Ill trade you my mythic kormrok chest

Thank you for the answers

10+ Year Old Account
    I have archi gloves, but they got no crit on them so how would it help xD

I got down to like 400 crit, so crafted the mastery/crit belt, and swapped out tier chest/off gloves for tier gloves and old mwf chest.

The real answer is replacing my 700 ring for mythic assualt ring, and sniping the gorefiend staff xD
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,

Deleted
    im running dangerously low on both haste and crit =/

Hey Xtramuscle, since you have mentioned your character having a lot of mastery, I figured I wanted to check your character to further discuss my earlier point and maybe learn something in the meantime. I have simulated your character on 1 and 3 targets for comparison. I very much hope that you do not take this attempt as anything hostile, on the contrary my intent is to learn from a better progressed person than myself.

Both of them are normalized values. So it is safe to say that haste returns better damage than mastery for 1 and 3 targets and crit returns slightly better damage. So then comes my question to both you and Alame or anyone else that wants to share their opinions. Wouldnt it be actually better to gem and enchant haste in this situation? Having 375 more haste instead of mastery is going to be both a QoL improvement and according to Simcraft a DPS improvement. Is there any specific reason why you are using mastery instead of haste in this case.

Edit: Used excel table because I suck at using the forum table function.
    Last edited by hayvanadam; 2015-07-29 at 03:12 PM.