Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    They already created a canned response for why they dont use those tools, or why they cant log off, it amounts to being online is a right, and using those tools or logging off impedes that right.
    I've never understood this illogical argument. If it causes you pain or distress, why continue? Its also someones right to continue to skateboard after getting hurt, but they will still take precautions to keep themselves safe while doing that activity.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

7+ Year Old Account
    Because we successfully applied a negative connotation to it, and that angers them.
    We've done nothing of the sort, that did that all by themselves. We are - however - conistantly poking in that wound. :3

Quote Originally Posted by Nadiru View Post
    If it actually offers support, that's a big step towards literal feelings police. Don't knock that. But yes, SJWs are pretty much secret police in the manner of which they dox people who offend them and try to (and sometimes do) ruin people's lives.
    I'm just curious how "supporting" a victim of harrasement by sending them a message saying We love you! Is going to help them.

The more I read the more disgusted I get. It's my guess most of the donated funds will go into the pockets of the employees of iHollaback then into the app.

They're basiclly making a living off of pushing social justice issues by,shockingly, pushing social justice issues.

It's twisted and sick; charties like iHollaback and FemFreak shouldn't be allowed to be non-profit as all they do is allow these "activists" to use the push for equality to line thier own pockets all while at the expense of real charities.

They're a sad example of humanity.

Quote Originally Posted by Raxis View Post
    I'm just curious how "supporting" a victim of harrasement by sending them a message saying We love you! Is going to help them.

The more I read the more disgusted I get. It's my guess most of the donated funds will go into the pockets of the employees of iHollaback then into the app.

They're basiclly making a living off of pushing social justice issues by,shockingly, pushing social justice issues.

It's twisted and sick; charties like iHollaback and FemFreak shouldn't be allowed to be non-profit as all they do is allow these "activists" to use the push for equality to line thier own pockets all while at the expense of real charities.

They're a sad example of humanity.
    People who give money to fad causes like this tend to think that the big, enduring charity organizations are all corrupt, so they send their money "where it can make a real difference!" That's my experience, anyway.

Grifters gonna grift.

No it will be affected by elections. Who do think has made the feminist agenda a part of the Democratic agenda. Who do you think it is that has spread the proven false 77% wage gap lies, that tried to get a bill passed that would force companies to tie employee compensation to genitalia. That are constantly pushing Democrats to back racist and sexist ideas based on social justice.

The SJW movement is strong in the Democratic party.
    So what you're saying is if we vote Republican they'll stop people from creating apps to combat online harassment? Such a compelling platform.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    So what you're saying is if we vote Republican they'll stop people from creating apps to combat online harassment? Such a compelling platform.
    Been there, followed that line of discussion to its natural conclusion.

What do you think the app is likely to accomplish?

10+ Year Old Account
    What I am saying is that you can't, and imo shouldn't, be able to do anything about how these people act on social media; but you can do something about them being able to legislate their ideology, to enforce it outside of Twitter, and that's voting against the people who support them. Voting for the people they despise.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Quote Originally Posted by stumpy View Post
    Been there, followed that line of discussion to its natural conclusion.

What do you think the app is likely to accomplish?
    IDK, a lot of it depends on how cooperative the various social media companies are. Twitter for instance is pretty notoriously bad at handling people who abuse their platform. So accompanied by change with social media policing this might be a helpful resource, we'll see.

- - - Updated - - -

What I am saying is that you can't, and imo shouldn't, be able to do anything about how these people act on social media; but you can do something about them being able to legislate their ideology, to enforce it outside of Twitter, and that's voting against the people who support them. Voting for the people they despise.
    Most of the platform their building seems to be based around support for those harassed and appealing to social media companies to enforce their own rules. I'm not sure what the problem is supposed to be there.

IDK, a lot of it depends on how cooperative the various social media companies are. Twitter for instance is pretty notoriously bad at handling people who abuse their platform. So accompanied by change with social media policing this might be a helpful resource, we'll see.
    The thing is that the twittersphere and the blogosphere have very little trouble ginning up outrage already. This app basically amounts to an IRC channel for people who feel they've been insulted.

The promise of counseling is new, but I wouldn't trust trendy Internet activists to offer good advice as far as I can throw them. Unless the crowdfunding money is going towards hiring a professional, but somehow I doubt it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most of the platform their building seems to be based around support for those harassed and appealing to social media companies to enforce their own rules. I'm not sure what the problem is supposed to be there.
    Or you can see it as an app that builds a mob to go run around and harass people for not sharing their viewpoint, and to harass social media companies to change their rules to support them.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Quote Originally Posted by stumpy View Post
    The thing is that the twittersphere and the blogosphere have very little trouble ginning up outrage already. This app basically amounts to an IRC channel for people who feel they've been insulted.

The promise of counseling is new, but I wouldn't trust trendy Internet activists to offer good advice as far as I can throw them. Unless the crowdfunding money is going towards hiring a professional, but somehow I doubt it.
    Or you can see it as an app that builds a mob to go run around and harass people for not sharing their viewpoint, and to harass social media companies to change their rules to support them.

And if that's the case those things already exist so who cares? If that's the worst case scenario then ooookaaaaay.

The irony of having the term mob in your name when you are supposed to be fighting harassment is hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    The irony of having the term mob in your name when you are supposed to be fighting harassment is hilarious.
    thatsthejoke.jpg

thatsthejoke.jpg
    Not really a joke when you think about what the implied assistance is. A hate mob.

Why?

And that's not sarcasm I'm curious why this label which was self-adopted should be used?
    Maybe we should refuse to call them what they want to be called?

Lets call them whining trolls instead
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zoomgpally View Post
    Maybe we should refuse to call them what they want to be called?

Lets call them whining trolls instead
    You'd get banned in this forum for that. The T word is infractable.

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    Not really a joke when you think about what the implied assistance is. A hate mob.
    I'm actually hoping this does inspire some idiots to cross That Line Even 4Chan Won't Cross. A few incidents will actually end up shining a light on things.

Are you not concerned that by gatekkeping those who can use the app they will do more harm then good?

Discounting the obvious bias of SJW-ism and radical feminism endorsed by the creators of this app, the fact that they solely get to say what level and kind of harassment deserves a response.

Given what we have seen from this groups previous actions and ideology what do you think would happen if a white male who was being harassed by radical feminist asked to be admitted to the app?

So basically "the enemy of my enemy is my friend"? Yeah that kind of logic couldn't possibly go wrong.

Are you not concerned that by gatekkeping those who can use the app they will do more harm then good?

Discounting the obvious bias of SJW-ism and radical feminism endorsed by the creators of this app, the fact that they solely get to say what level and kind of harassment deserves a response.

Given what we have seen from this groups previous actions and ideology what do you think would happen if a white male who was being harassed by radical feminist asked to be admitted to the app?
    /shrug

I didn't donate to it, so it won't be betraying my expectations.