Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Contrast with this case:
    Black driver stops white attempted carjacker and keeps him on the ground with his pistol out.

White police show up - shake the hand of the black driver.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local...-police/nmL4Z/

Anecdotes produce conflicting results - who would have thought?!?

10+ Year Old Account
    How many viloent and desctructive riots from white people have we had lately? Thats right none. You harvest what you sow.

Quote Originally Posted by jordonus View Post
    Different area, different time, different demeanor, different officer. Black guy has rifle at his side, white guy has it on his back. Black guy walking out front alone, white guy standing around with others. Two completely different situations, two completely different outcomes. Nothing to see here, move along.
    All of that plus whoever called the police and what they said to the dispatcher plays a part in this as well. How the police were informed about a man walking down the street before they get to the site is going to have an effect on their demeanor when they get on site. If someone calls the non emergency number and says hey there is someone suspicious walking through our parking lot with a gun on his back could you send and officer to check it out? You might get officer number one, but if someone calls 911 and says someone is out on the street with a machine gun I think he is going to rob the store at the corner you are going to get a vastly different response.

7+ Year Old Account
    Morgan Freeman aka God already told us about this in Through the Wormhole.
    Weird Al - I never feed trolls and I don't read spam
    Galen Hallcyon - The internet has shown us that everyone is a fuckin' moron.

Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hargalaten View Post
    This thread is obviously about "race" or ethnic bias, so noting that it isn't supposed to be is kind of silly. They should have thrown an Arabic looking person in there too for the fun of it.
    Saying out loud ALLAHU AKBAR

Its not a scientific comparison, but it is probably an accurate portrayal of things. If you're not white (especially if you're black), police generally assume you must be doing SOMETHING wrong, and have 0 patience for any odd behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by morpen View Post
    How many viloent and desctructive riots from white people have we had lately? Thats right none. You harvest what you sow.
    White people don't riot about social issues because they don't have anything to riot about.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

They aren't black or white. They're brown and peach colored.
    "It's clear this is another bash Apple thread. Such things are not conducive to a good discussion."

WRONG! Those are the BEST discussions!

While I think race most likely played a part, I would have liked to see them use the same area for the white guy and black guy before I can make a decision.

Must have some sort of death wish.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    White people don't riot about social issues because they don't have anything to riot about.

This is a neat article about putting things in context: http://drc.centerfornewsliteracy.org/node/17061 From a site I'm going to have to explore.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.