Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Hunters a bit overpowered with healing?

So far as I've learned hunter self healing doesn't even sacrifice damage, did a couple skirmished (yes just skirmishes I know) and a hunter I paired up with healed 3 times as much as my offhealing which sacrifices a great deal of damage (I'm a paladin)

Not to even discuss the ridiculousness of hunters mobility and utility with this much healing in hand they as a class are getting ridiculously overpowered.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    mend pet much?

it's strong just in 1v1 and 2v2. guess which brackets are not balanced for.

/thread

Quote Originally Posted by Flaim View Post

/thread
    It's strong in BGs, and in lower rated 3s too. So basically just higher rated 3v3 (and RBGs) it is not a problem.

Right now, that class alone ruins PvP experience for pretty much every PvPer I know. The silly passive heals are sadly just a part of the whole problem.
    Man often meets his destiny, on the path he takes to avoid it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bats View Post
    It's strong in BGs, and in lower rated 3s too. So basically just higher rated 3v3 (and RBGs) it is not a problem.
    Question answered right here.

7+ Year Old Account
    pet heal op gg

bgs are uncoordinated AF so a vanishing hunter could even survive with eating behind a tree (every class could do that if they were used to playing that way) and people in the ratings you've called are already challenged by essential stuff like line of sight and even a melee running around that poor keyboardturner.
    why don't we reduce the damage rotations for these poor fellas to autoattacks only, which auto-cc everyone in a radius of 50m around the target and remove the facing requirement? i mean it's such a hard task to request of them to press incredible 3 buttons while looking at their inhuman enemies...

geez, do you really want to balance a game for mouthbreathers or for people who actually try to play?

edit: did you know that spirit bond heals on the pet count to the hunter's healing aswell? same with pet heal.
    Last edited by Flaim; 2015-05-16 at 02:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaim View Post

/thread
    wrathbaby blizzdrone logic at its finest

"it's fine to ignore 99% of pvp because 3v3 is all that matters"

and you know, I'd almost consider being okay with this kind of stupid response if 3v3 itself was actually any less imbalanced than the rest of the game

Yes, hunter damage and healing has been OP for a long time and it does not look like we are gonna see a change. This is why so many people play hunter, because it's super easy to play and you get constant heals.

Deleted
    Oh look another I got beat by a hunter and I can't be arsed to learn how easy it is to beat them thread. No in answer to your question hunters healing isnt op. If he beat your paladins healing its a case of you need to learn how to play that pali of yours. Try not sitting in CC.

Deleted
    Not much to see here. I posted on a thread yesterday about the frequency of this type of post. It remains hilarious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nightgerbil View Post
    Oh look another I got beat by a hunter and I can't be arsed to learn how easy it is to beat them thread. No in answer to your question hunters healing isnt op. If he beat your paladins healing its a case of you need to learn how to play that pali of yours. Try not sitting in CC.
    Yeah, ikr. I recall doing 2s early on in the expansion, facing sv hunter/rdruid numerous time before quitting the game and all. They're so easy to counter. Like, it's not like they have passive slows, easily landed, short CD, instant CC and insane constant damage no matter if you're in melee range or not. Obviously people should just learn to play versus those instant slows, disengages, sprints, CC and damage no matter if a class' toolkit is smaller than that of a hunter.

But of course, my healer should have just tried NOT sitting in CC vs hunter/healer comps. Next time he's online on steam I'll notify him that neither of us should have sat in CC vs those hunter/healer comps. Excellent advice.

Deleted
    Like as a DK, I have to spend runes and runic power to heal.

Hunter just summons a pet and has a passive Conversion.

No penalty, maximum reward is a hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by Antenora View Post
    Like as a DK, I have to spend runes and runic power to heal.

Hunter just summons a pet and has a passive Conversion.

No penalty, maximum reward is a hunter.
    Though I have no real desire to defend hunters, Conversion heals twice as fast as spirit bond, also you only spend runic power, the runes spent to create the runic are not spent on conversion

Deleted
    Also speaking as someone who plays most of the classes in pvp inc a hunter upto 2.3k I can tell you there are plenty of players who know how to deal with hunters. They will tell you there are many things wrong with hunters too. They won't say its the healing though. Tbh this thread is a bit of a joke. Its like complaining about a shadows off heals or a ferals bleeds stopping a rogue stealthing. Of all the issues you could of posted about, really? hunters passive healing? really? seriously?

Deleted
    minimum effort, maximum output, the hunter class for you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ermahgerd View Post
    Yeah, ikr. I recall doing 2s early on in the expansion, facing sv hunter/rdruid numerous time before quitting the game and all. They're so easy to counter. Like, it's not like they have passive slows, easily landed, short CD, instant CC and insane constant damage no matter if you're in melee range or not. Obviously people should just learn to play versus those instant slows, disengages, sprints, CC and damage no matter if a class' toolkit is smaller than that of a hunter.

But of course, my healer should have just tried NOT sitting in CC vs hunter/healer comps. Next time he's online on steam I'll notify him that neither of us should have sat in CC vs those hunter/healer comps. Excellent advice.
    that was a resto issue more then the hunter. Lost plenty of games as surv/resto to people who knew how to keep the dudu in CC chains while they tunneled the heck outta me. No a hunter can't simultaneously kite 2 melee both applying slows and CC and no we won't win if you brought a decent caster cos we will get wrecked by any shadow/lock/balance thats allowed to free cast at us.

Passive slows are only effective if the hunter isn't also slowed. A hamstrung hunter moves at same speed as War and guess what? the warr has one more gap closer then the hunter and its on shorter cds. The slowed feral and dk both move passively faster then the slowed hunter so no trouble there. Rets have freedoms and cleanse.. Instant easy to land CC? you know traps have a travel time and can be dodged right? and the class lost scatter shot. Insane constant damage? except thats not how you get kills in wod. Healers are so op rite now its BURST that kills while a healer is in CC. Hunter burst is something to complain about, except surv doesnt have any.

Again your post reads like a giant L2p issue. I am happy to talk you through any individual issues you have though. Did you stream your matchs? I'll watch a few and let you know what I see wrong.

Right now, that class alone ruins PvP experience for pretty much every PvPer I know. The silly passive heals are sadly just a part of the whole problem.
    Shamans, Druids, Pally, etc. Oh yeah, while we're at it DK's, Warrior, etc.
    I guess the "hybrid tax" thing is completely out the window.
    It's about time Hunters joined in on the OP fun, if you ask me.

10+ Year Old Account
    @ Deztru

I imagine you mean the "healing done" after the Game in the Statistics. Because there is no seperation between Hunter and Pet the whole thing is little difficult to explain but i give it a try. Both healings from Spirit Bond are combined in the Statistics, so if the Hunter and the Pet seperately regenerate lets say 2k heal its showing 4k in the Statistics at the end. The same goes for Spirit heal wich only is available to BM Hunters with a Spirit Beat active. And if the Hunter uses mend pet, this also goes in the Stats as healing done.

Im not saying that Spirit Bond isnt Strong, just take the Stats with a grain of Salt and divide them at least by 50%

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Speshil View Post
    Wot is best Class/Spec Talent Choise against Hunters?

My main PvP activity is white-knighting world places where "evil" PvP happens such as Timeless Isle ganks and Hunters give the most trouble.
    Boomkin, shadow priest, affliction/demo lock. Practically any ranged class except mage (lol) has a 100%-50% chance to beat a hunter. Hunters only counter melee, except feral druid who has a very good chance to beat them.

But then if you play these guys you will be whining about melee walking all over you. So no matter what you do you lose, or you can play the most OP pvp spec in the game aka feral druid and beat hunters and everyone else.
    Last edited by mmocdb096be3da; 2015-05-16 at 06:53 PM.