Thread: GTX 980 Offer

Deleted

GTX 980 Offer

Hi, I was going to buy the GTX 980 around the end of July but there is an offer that if you buy a 980 now you get Witcher 3 and Batman Arkham Knight. Should I buy the card now or just wait till end of july to see if the price decreases any more and get the games when, or if they, do go on offer from steam?

thanks in advance.

Just wait. 980Ti is bound to release very very soon.

http://www.kpopstarz.com/articles/19...ecs-nvidia.htm
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

*rubs crystal ball*

If you can afford the card and want the games, get it. If buying the card would be hard, or if you don't want those games and are willing to wait until the next-gen cards are released (new AMD cards will probably cause price drops in August-ish) then wait.

I don't see the 980Ti influencing prices much on its own, since it'll probably be released at a higher price point anyway to not compete with existing 9x0 cards.
    Super casual.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
    Just wait. 980Ti is bound to release very very soon.
    Wrong! The 980 Ti is the counter to the 390x, which is released in June/July at best. And I doubt its going to be any cheaper than a 980!

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodtobeTrue View Post
    Wrong! The 980 Ti is the counter to the 390x, which is released in June/July at best. And I doubt its going to be any cheaper than a 980!
    980Ti is faster than 980 and slower than TitanX , it should be around 800$

Quote Originally Posted by GoodtobeTrue View Post
    i have no idea what's being wrong here? 1-2 months is soon. and i mentioned nothing about pricing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
    i have no idea what's being wrong here? 1-2 months is soon. and i mentioned nothing about pricing.
    you're just wrong you. so shhh.

Deleted
    Do you want to play Witcher 3 or Arkham Knight?

Witcher 3 is out tomorrow and Arkham Knight in June, if you were to be getting it regardless of the gpu offer, would you be happy playing it sub par for a couple of months?

You could be a real wheeler dealer and buy the gpu, taking advantage of the offer then sell the gpu when the new ones come out in a couple of months. You'll be able to save up the difference while enjoying the new GPU.

You could call it the 980GTX Temporary edition.