Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    i took the HDD out the computer in started it up i didnt hear any ticking sound when i out it back in the sound came back so im sure its something to do with the HDD and now i have to buy a new one with a copy of windows 8.1 and seeing how im buying parts i should buy a new fan also seeing how there seeing some bit of dust on it that will not come off

Deleted
    Call the bomb squad on that fucker, it's gonna blow.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ryushura View Post
    i took the HDD out the computer in started it up i didnt hear any ticking sound when i out it back in the sound came back so im sure its something to do with the HDD and now i have to buy a new one with a copy of windows 8.1 and seeing how im buying parts i should buy a new fan also seeing how there seeing some bit of dust on it that will not come off
    The fans are fine; get an extrnal HDD enclosure, buy a new HDD and clone it across.

what you mean buy clone it across.

Quote Originally Posted by ryushura View Post
    what you mean buy clone it across.
    Using the software that is normally provided with SSDs it will clone your current HDD onto the SSD. If it is not an SSD you will be getting, there are other free softwares that can do this. I am not sure what is out there as I normally just do fresh installs on new drives, but someone else can suggest something. In other words make an exact copy of it so you can just start booting from it then format your old HDD.

Deleted
    http://www.drivesnapshot.de/en/

Download and install that software, its pretty self explanatory,
    image your windows 8.1 hard drive, then load that image onto the new hard drive.

Remove the ticking hard drive, install the new one in it's place, and you should be fine.