Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Post View Post
    So you don't support the mural the OP is talking about either right?
    No I don't support the mural, but I don't see why "this" is important when we have statues and buildings named after much worse people than Assata.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    No I don't support the mural, but I don't see why "this" is important when we have statues and buildings named after much worse people than Assata.
    Obviously people do think it is important. The existence of other similar instances does not mean that this is not an issue.

I suggest that you bring light upon the topic you're referring to in an individual thread rather than attempting to hijack this one to push an agenda and deflect outrage from one source onto another.

Quote Originally Posted by Laumann View Post
    Obviously people do think it is important. The existence of other similar instances does not mean that this is not an issue.

I suggest that you bring light upon the topic you're referring to in an individual thread rather than attempting to hijack this one to push an agenda and deflect outrage from one source onto another.
    What I'm saying is on topic here. We can't complain much about Assata when we have a slew of buildings and statues dedicated to hate being celebrated, and by celebrated I don't mean people saying "woo hoo go Saunders" but they're commemorated.

Deleted
    What I'm saying is on topic here. We can't complain much about Assata when we have a slew of buildings and statues dedicated to hate being celebrated, and by celebrated I don't mean people saying "woo hoo go Saunders" but they're commemorated.
    It's a very petty tactic of trying to acquit people of blame by pointing elsewhere to say 'they're also doing something similar, look at that one instead'.

Quote Originally Posted by Laumann View Post
    It's a very petty tactic of trying to acquit people of blame by pointing elsewhere to say 'they're also doing something similar, look at that one instead'.
    It's just bizzare looking to be this interested in making sure a mural for a cop killer is shut down while the image and name of the High Wizard is preserved and remembered fondly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    It's just bizzare looking to be this interested in making sure a mural for a cop killer is shut down while the image and name of the High Wizard is preserved and remembered fondly.
    It would be odd and questionable if there was evidence to support the notion that the OP had this particular knowledge. As people we are not in possession of every single nugget of data. Personally, I was not aware of such a named building, however I was aware (from reading this thread) of the actions of this lady. Which is why it is specifically condemned. The other instance would be condemned too, but its mere existence does not stop this mural being as people have commented, an outrage.
    Last edited by mmoc828371db61; 2015-05-19 at 12:51 PM.

Righties can't go a second without feeling the victim of something or other. It's their cult dogma.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    No, he wasn't her superior, she wasn't in his department.
    She was criticized for her teaching, not as a student.
    He did nothing wrong.
    Where did I say anything about her being her superior?
    Still, critique between staff of an university should stay between the staff in the frist instance, and only when all inside options are exhausted should it be posted somewhere on the web. It is quite understandable that the university is not amused when one part of member staff attacks another member in a public setting where the attacked is at an disadvantage simply due to the kind of setting it is (a blog) or even worse unaware of it.