Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Ah, the lock/boomkin ideas are good, except that our Lock is one of the players who went on hiatus for awhile for family reasons. As of last night people had decided to just send the boomkin up solo and that seemed to be working okay. We were getting a 4th siege and it seemed somewhat unreliable that the boomkin could stay alive through smash and the balcony DoT. Then again, he's not been going up much until this week so its relatively new to him. Trying to get shields out on him before smash so that he has more health up top as far as I know.

Anyway, we adopted some of the stuff mentioned and i'm fairly certain that if we can round up a full raid this weekend we can probably kill it in the two nights we raid. It will be interesting though having only 10-11 people, missing the Warrior tank and 1 hunter. At which point our pally can tank, but that loses us pally healer. SPriest will likely go healer and I think that would fill in. Not sure how good the pallies OS gear is but my BrM spec is 100% WW gear. I think pally is the better option.
    I put on pants, FOR THIS?!?!?!

This fight sucks if you have a small size raid, faceroll if you have max size, similar to blast furnace

Quote Originally Posted by Kerchunk View Post
    All very true, but still a pointless risk in my opinion. Sharing the smash with 1 other person literally has zero effect on the fight flow. You're out of the fight for maybe 3-4s. Share it with a healer and you don't even lose DPS...

Even with a mitigation CD up, a 600k raw hit at the wrong time is not ideal and there's simply no reason not to share it.

But, you know. Do what you want. If solo soaking it makes you feel like a big man then do that.
    A 600K hit split between a tank and a dps is a 300K hit on the DPS. It's far more likely to kill someone (the dps) sharing the smash between two, than for the tank to just CD through considering they all have like 20% innate reduction and 1-200K more hp .

This is an interesting point that I wonder if we thought about last night. As far as I know the boomkin was the only one taking the smash with the tank. I did sometimes if either of them looked low HP, so I'm thinking maybe I should soak it constantly and just aim for the wall rather than getting put up top. Alternatively every 2mins I could just ToD an add...
    I put on pants, FOR THIS?!?!?!