Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cwlee3 View Post
    If it wasn't clear, doing the dot-weaving rotation was just messy/complicated largely by maintaining 100% uptime on RoW (exacerbated by low haste).
    Simple solution to all of that! Do not DoTweave. A combination of LMG/4pc/Trinket should make DoTWeave pretty meh (as in standard CoP will end up better)

Sorry, but I'm not in game and can't quite figure out that acronym. LMG? And, asking the theorycrafters and number crunchers here, with RoW does dot-weaving truly become obsolete? What do we do, then, only ever reach 3 orbs max? I don't have 2pc t18 yet so I'm taking insanity over mindbender, and from what I've read on RoW, insanity pulls ahead slightly over mindbender for Patchwerk ST.

Sorry, but I'm not in game and can't quite figure out that acronym. LMG?
    Yeah... I thought of the ring, but somehow backtracked to MoP to find some abbrevation to not write it out.

with RoW does dot-weaving truly become obsolete?
    Taking Twintops sims on H2P that have 4pc, Ring and probably trinket, CoP wins on 8 fight types, DW wins on 3 fight types.

15+ Year Old Account
    Sorry, but I'm not in game and can't quite figure out that acronym. LMG? And, asking the theorycrafters and number crunchers here, with RoW does dot-weaving truly become obsolete? What do we do, then, only ever reach 3 orbs max? I don't have 2pc t18 yet so I'm taking insanity over mindbender, and from what I've read on RoW, insanity pulls ahead slightly over mindbender for Patchwerk ST.
    It's not obsolete - it's still best to DoTweave. The issue isn't DoTweaving, it's that when the risk is losing your RoW stacks, that loss outweighs the benefit of DoTweaving. So DoTweaving would remain beneficial any time you are not using RoW (this tier) - and all future foreseeable tiers until Clarity of Power is fixed to not promote DoTweaving.

Without DoTweaving, it would not be necessary to 5 Orb burst cycle again, unless you need to save burst for some priority target: 3 Orb DPing should be fine.

However, when using Mindbender, it may be worthwhile to 5 Orb burst cycle just so that you can overlay 2 DPs onto one another, to reduce the amount of time you are Mind Flaying, before you return to higher damage Mind Spikes. This may or may not be the case with Insanity though (hopefully not otherwise Insanity would be useless).
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

It'd be nice if RoW buffed Mindbender's damage as well, to synergize with the t18 2pc. 'cause, y'know, 'Mind'bender and all.

Deleted
    Yesterday I have been asked if I pass the trinket to warlocks (3 of them!) as a Shadow priest? What do you guys think about it? Which trinkets do you roll for and which you pass for others ?

After the boost it is probably stronger than Warlocks trinket on single target. Has a good use on 2 targets as well, but there are some heavy multidots fights where any trinket that gives you stats will be better. I can think of Xhul'horac and Council where I would rather keep the GRS trinket.

Also don't warlocks overestimate its strenght ? 15% crit for 5 stacks... it takes some time to stack it up on new targets and they also have a lot of critical strike already+crit cooldown. And affliciton ? Faster ticks, but at the cost of more gcds spend to refreshing.

Deleted
    Since shadowpriests only profit from that trinket on maybe 4 ?? fights, I'd pass it to the warlocks.

The fact that it drops as a token and not a trinket is absolute best thing about it. I can avoid paying GP for it until everyone on conqueror has it. Come on vanquisher and protector tokens. Heck, maybe I can manage to pass to someone trying for warforged.

The second priest healer, the non discipline on (maybe it is time to bring this back and remind them how much of a red headed step-child we feel)

Wouldn't the best way to do it (with COP) be to cast 2 mind spikes, 2 ticks of mind flay and then mind blast?

Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    Wouldn't the best way to do it (with COP) be to cast 2 mind spikes, 2 ticks of mind flay and then mind blast?
    It depends on your haste level. 1 Mind Spike > 2MF tics. With enough haste (not that much) you can pull 3 MSp, MB, 2MSP, 2MF tics, MB without dropping stacks.

Deleted
    7,5 gcd at 1,333s cast time with 12,5% haste
    8,5 gcd at 1,176s cast time with 27,5% haste
    9,5 gcd at 1,052s cast time with 42,5% haste

9,5 gcd should be enough to don't have to cast Mind flay if you play CoP/Insanity without dot weaving. Maybe worth it during haste cooldowns. Anyone tried to sim this ?

Deleted
    What's the best way to track repuditation of war debuff ? any weak auras or addons ?

Edit: I figured out how to do it with 'tellmewhen' addon
    Last edited by mmoc566347bb2f; 2015-07-20 at 01:24 PM.

This trinket is dildos. it's Shadow Weaving reborn. Shadow Weaving sucked back then and it sucks even more now. Pretty fuckin' sure whoever designed this trinket started playing WoW in Cata or later.

Shit needs to proc from Mind Flay and Mind Spike. Needs to be a self buff, none of this target exclusive shit. And the duration should change from 10 to 15 seconds.
    Last edited by BobAwesome; 2015-07-22 at 02:03 PM.
    Priest Warrior
    You are not your role. You are not how much gold you have on your account.
    You are not the mount you ride. You are not the contents of your bank.
    You are not your epic purples. You are not a special and unique snowflake.
    You are the all-grinding, all-farming crap of Azeroth.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ansible View Post
    This trinket is dildos. it's Shadow Weaving reborn. Shadow Weaving sucked back then and it sucks even more now. Pretty fuckin' sure whoever designed this trinket started playing WoW in Cata or later.

Shit needs to proc from Mind Flay and Mind Spike. Needs to be a self buff, none of this target exclusive shit. And the duration should change from 10 to 15 seconds.
    One of these three things would be enough for me (at least +3sec duration to provide smoother gameplay) ... Or I would rather see the trinket to increase periodic damage instead of Mind spells. We have mastery for Mind abilites already.

Right now it is good only on pure single target. It can still provide dps gain on some fights with adds, but the gameplay around it is terrible.

According to Twintops sims it's the second best trinket for AS...i just can't see it. Of course that's with maxed stacks at all times and using it perfectly, which will never happen. Ill stick with sethe or PoF.

Pretty sure he was assuming second best on ST.
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...672916/latest/ Warlock logs
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...437974/latest/ Spriest logs
    Clickzzy <Akatsuki>-Kil'Jaeden Semi-hardcore progression guild.

Deleted
    hmm today i got RoW trinket because of personal loot from NM archi. Trying it on dummy it feels rly clunky, especially with 2p. Using MF to clip it after 2 stacks in spike phase just to keep that debuff up and at the same time using shadowfined every 20s is ... meh. Is there some rotation that im missing? (23%haste) Because using this during hard boss fights with mechanics is rly annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Sixthumbs View Post
    Since shadowpriests only profit from that trinket on maybe 4 ?? fights, I'd pass it to the warlocks.
    it's only good on one fight, zakuun

Quote Originally Posted by Syphx View Post
    hmm today i got RoW trinket because of personal loot from NM archi. Trying it on dummy it feels rly clunky, especially with 2p. Using MF to clip it after 2 stacks in spike phase just to keep that debuff up and at the same time using shadowfined every 20s is ... meh. Is there some rotation that im missing? (23%haste) Because using this during hard boss fights with mechanics is rly annoying.
    I can't answer you about a proper rotation or anything, but I feel you on the clunkiness. It's so awkward that I just use it with mindbender and AS talents. I also have 4 piece. I can't stand trying to use this trinket with CoP.
    Priest Warrior
    You are not your role. You are not how much gold you have on your account.
    You are not the mount you ride. You are not the contents of your bank.
    You are not your epic purples. You are not a special and unique snowflake.
    You are the all-grinding, all-farming crap of Azeroth.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ansible View Post
    I can't answer you about a proper rotation or anything, but I feel you on the clunkiness. It's so awkward that I just use it with mindbender and AS talents. I also have 4 piece. I can't stand trying to use this trinket with CoP.
    thats exactly the thing, i did few 6mins rotations on dummy with normal RoW trinket and with iskar hc trinket instead of it and difference was less than 200 dps (no raid buffs, no pots, no halo, no berserking) 33k both tries. Of course, try with RoW trinket was much less intuitive as i needed to care about that debuff. Only tried it with CoP because i thought it will make bigger difference but obviously its pointless. Maybe with hc or mythic RoW it would be worth a piss -.- .
    Cant imagine doing it on zakuun, maybe on kormrok without taking traps.