Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    While the WC Encyclopedia did say they went south later, I found this bit in the WoW Bestiary.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    The Frostmane Trolls once ruled over the frigid lands of Dun Morogh, only to have their empire fall to Dwarven armies. These tribal creatures were driven to the hills in retreat -- a shameful blow to their warring nature. With King Magni's forces split between the Alliance Wars and quelling the Trogg invasion, the Frostmane Trolls have seized the opportunity to reclaim Dun Morogh in an attempt to restore the kingdom that crumbled under Dwarven might ages ago. (WoW Bestiary)
    With that bit of info, we can guess they went south after the Sundering, claimed the land in Dun Morogh. Then later the Curse of Flesh affected the Earthen of Uldaman, who ventured out into more of Khaz Modan. We can guess they conquered the Frostmane trolls around that time, then?
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Destinas View Post
    With that bit of info, we can guess they went south after the Sundering, claimed the land in Dun Morogh. Then later the Curse of Flesh affected the Earthen of Uldaman, who ventured out into more of Khaz Modan. We can guess they conquered the Frostmane trolls around that time, then?
    Seems like that's how it happened. Was interesting to learn that the Frostmane had an empire. I had though they were always just a small band.
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2015-05-28 at 01:21 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Was interesting to learn that the Frostmane had an empire. I had though they were always just a small band.
    Pretty much, I thought too it was just a very minor tribe. This means that before the "fleshy" Dwarves came into existance they likely held the whole of Khaz Modan, maybe even confining with their Winterax "cousins" at that time. It's possible the Winterax too had more than Alterac Valley back then, but it's likewise probable they were the actual "minor" tribe compared to Drakkari and Frostmane and just didn't go far out of the valley.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Don't you guys souspect that Curse of flesh happened afte Soundering. I'd imagine that such a high arcane "radiation" would affect the world on grand scale. And Well of Eternity was after all Titan device, blowing it up certainly would affect the world and other titan creations.

And it's shame to read about Frostmane, I recently tried to level a dwarf but was unable to pass the begining quests. They were killing troll kids. Shame to see that Trolls are not only getting the short end of the stick, despite the fact they proven themselves to be great resiliant fighters, but honeslty killing little whelps was just too bastardish.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Quote Originally Posted by Ramz View Post
    Don't you guys souspect that Curse of flesh happened afte Soundering. I'd imagine that such a high arcane "radiation" would affect the world on grand scale. And Well of Eternity was after all Titan device, blowing it up certainly would affect the world and other titan creations.
    The Curse of Flesh and the Well of Eternity are completely separate. The Curse of Flesh was made by the Old Gods - specifically Yogg-Saron - to screw over the creations of the Titans. The Curse of Flesh seems to have started before the Sundering, and slowly affected different races on Azeroth. For instance, the Mogu were cursed with flesh long before the Age of a Hundred Kings, which Lei Shen ended. His empire was thousands of years before the Sundering. The Earthen participated in the War of the Ancients, and turned into Dwarves long after the Sundering. The Vrykul were affected by the Curse by having "weak children" - humans. This is thought to be around 15,000 years ago, before the Sundering.

The Well also didn't exactly radiate anything. It was a controlled fountain of power that mortals could utilize. It started going haywire because the Highborne were tampering with it, which led to the Sundering. Even after that, it imploded, with energy being sucked downward - thus the Maelstrom was created, with a fissure of magic at the bottom of the ocean floor. But, magic became weaker after the Well imploded, which is why Illidan made his own Well on top of Mount Hyjal (which was controlled by the dragons planting Nordrassil above it). Dath'Remar made his own Well of Eternity similarly to Illidan, which is the Sunwell. It was a smaller concentration than what Illidan made, and didn't really radiate anything harmful. It helped the Highborne-turned-High Elves control their magical tendencies.
    Last edited by Destinas; 2015-05-28 at 11:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Destinas View Post
    The Curse of Flesh and the Well of Eternity are completely separate. The Curse of Flesh was made by the Old Gods - specifically Yogg-Saron - to screw over the creations of the Titans. The Curse of Flesh seems to have started before the Sundering, and slowly affected different races on Azeroth. For instance, the Mogu were cursed with flesh long before the Age of a Hundred Kings, which Lei Shen ended. His empire was thousands of years before the Sundering. The Earthen participated in the War of the Ancients, and turned into Dwarves long after the Sundering. The Vrykul were affected by the Curse by having "weak children" - humans. This is thought to be around 15,000 years ago, before the Sundering.

The Well also didn't exactly radiate anything. It was a controlled fountain of power that mortals could utilize. It started going haywire because the Highborne were tampering with it, which led to the Sundering. Even after that, it imploded, with energy being sucked downward - thus the Maelstrom was created, with a fissure of magic at the bottom of the ocean floor. But, magic became weaker after the Well imploded, which is why Illidan (and later Dath'Remar) made his own Well on top of Mount Hyjal (which was controlled by the dragons planting Nordrassil above it). So, no arcane radiation, there.
    Thanks for explaining there, then my wild guess about curse of flesh was completely baseless :P
    But I do believe blowing up the world had affect anyway, if it was stated that trolls have been struggling with famine afterwards that lasted for years.
    With night elves they had protection from dragons. But others?
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

I can't confirm if this is in game anymore since cataclysm, but prior to that if you would run from the plaguelands, into the ocean, following the coast and going around up to roughly where silvermoon is, (not phasing into burning crusade content) there were night elf ruins. Just a couple random pillars, and such (not much), (maybe a generic elf statue, cant recall) the type of things you would see in ashenvale and feralas.

That probably didn't have anything to do with night elf civilization, more like from when the high elves landed there (if blizz was ever going to implement something like that prior to bc). But it was there, I'll maybe make the trip again when I get home.

The original Azeroth in game was just a lot more interesting that way. There were random things and sights like that, that weren't really meant to be reached but were still there. Pirate village/island, dancing troll village, that second island off of feralas, getting into old hyjal etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonstream View Post
    I can't confirm if this is in game anymore since cataclysm, but prior to that if you would run from the plaguelands, into the ocean, following the coast and going around up to roughly where silvermoon is, (not phasing into burning crusade content) there were night elf ruins. Just a couple random pillars, and such (not much), (maybe a generic elf statue, cant recall) the type of things you would see in ashenvale and feralas.

That probably didn't have anything to do with night elf civilization, more like from when the high elves landed there (if blizz was ever going to implement something like that prior to bc). But it was there, I'll maybe make the trip again when I get home.

The original Azeroth in game was just a lot more interesting that way. There were random things and sights like that, that weren't really meant to be reached but were still there. Pirate village/island, dancing troll village, that second island off of feralas, getting into old hyjal etc.
    There's a tower and a small platform there, still today. It's just tougher to get to due to invisible walls. There's also a mini Deatholme near there. The tower was mostly a reference to the location of Quel'thalas at the time (since High Elves/Blood Elves didn't have any in-game buildings in Vanilla). Another reference in the area was Adon (read: add-on), who was a reference to Quel'thalas being in BC, as well.

Those hidden places were (and still are) cool. I miss the islands south of Tanaris.