Poll: Would you like to see Ogres as a playable race?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Very much yes, I'd like playable ogres. Even more now that I've seen the revelations of ogre culture from WoD, which are awesome.

I have no interest in Ogres whatsoever and would not play them at all personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    The Mok'nathals are mostly all half ogre half orc.
    The Stonemaul clan is literally part of the Horde, since WC3. It wouldn't take much of Blizzard to give them more life, but they are there for starter Ogres.
    I do want Ogres a lot, but I'm not sure I agree with you there. New races are complicated. The interesting characters of the existing races can be spread out throughout the entire levelling experience, but for new races the introduction is done in 20 levels for the TBC races, and in less, for the Worgen, Goblins and Pandaren. So naturally, they have an extremely engaging storyline with spanning lots of interesting places, characters and developments.

I don't really see the Bloodmaul in Stonewallow March have that potential. As I said, we lack any real good Ogre characters at the moment. And bringing in Rexxar is just an orc-shaped bandage that will do nothing to give us insight into Ogres. Ogres would need their own compelling storylines and heroes introduced, in order to make them things we can enjoy. (Beyond being Rexxar's followers)
    Last edited by Caerule; 2015-05-20 at 03:23 AM.

it'd be cool if they had tormmok come back with us, or some other gorian empire defector, and build up our ogres into something much better.

I really want to make an Ogre Shaman

Nah. I used to lean favorably in hopes an intelligent tribe would have better architecture, but as even Draenor's high culture ogres live in piles of stone I don't care to have them in my Horde. We can enlist the Stonemaul as a more frequent NPC faction to handle whatever brute stuff/menial labor the Horde requires done.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

Ogres please. They likely won't occur because females have to be made somewhat attractive. Even the Forsaken.

I don't know how ogre females would turn out.

Deleted
    I wouldve love to see them playable back in the old days, but not anymore honestly.

Rather have some decent subraces or race variations at this point.

They're one of the core races of Warcraft, and probably the last one which isn't playable, you could argue Nagas but they didn't appear until Frozen Throne, Ogres have been there from the start. At this point they're honestly long overdue.

Deleted
    Of course yes! Bah, they should be playable since vanilla, instead of smelling zombies obsessed with their Necrobitch Queen. Triple YES for the ogres, and no matter what Alliance would get. It could be even azerothian version of Botani, you know, as a kin of NElven Ancients summoned from Emerald Dream by Malfurion to help the Alliance, or something like that. Generaly a little bit more planty and less sissy Sylvari.
    /nodendro

Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post
    Would also actually give this exp. pack a little bit of sense when we return with Dreanor artifacts/crystals to restore the intellect of a few Ogres in the Stonemaul clan.
    Atm this hole timetravel adventure has no purpuse for our timeline or world.

Rexxar of our timeline is not an loner anymore, he is trying to get back in his clan in Outland and is leading a Horde base there.
    It has been years since then when his clan would still refuse him it would be no surprise that he would settle at the stonemaul clan.

And since he still is considered the strongest in the clan means he would be the chieftain right away.
    It is interesting to note that Dustwallow marsh was revamped a couple of times. If they will introduce ogres, they have to seed them in Azeroth and DW marsh would be the right spot. Only other area I see is feralas for this purpose. I do not see them being introduced in outlad; for story purposes a new expac with that plot line does make sense though.
    Last edited by ttak82; 2015-05-20 at 09:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfKnees View Post
    They're one of the core races of Warcraft, and probably the last one which isn't playable, you could argue Nagas but they didn't appear until Frozen Throne, Ogres have been there from the start. At this point they're honestly long overdue.
    I fully agree, except.... god, they're ugly.

I know, I know, trolls and goblins aren't exactly pretty themselves and looks don't necessarily count. But Blizzard wants new races to be a draw to purchasing 'X new expansion', and Ogres look like generic brutes. They'd really need to polish off a better model that makes them, if not necessarily aesthetically pleasing, then at least on par with the orcs and goblins.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by logintime View Post
    I fully agree, except.... god, they're ugly.

I know, I know, trolls and goblins aren't exactly pretty themselves and looks don't necessarily count. But Blizzard wants new races to be a draw to purchasing 'X new expansion', and Ogres look like generic brutes. They'd really need to polish off a better model that makes them, if not necessarily aesthetically pleasing, then at least on par with the orcs and goblins.
    I think Cho'Gall based Ogres (without the old god corruption) would look pretty good next to the updated versions of Orcs, Trolls and Goblins
    (really not uglier compaired to the other Horde races other then Blood Elfs ofc)