The Lightbringer theostrichsays's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my douche canoe crossing the Delaware.

Do you have any new battleground ideas?

So Summer is here, and the end of the local school year is in ten days, and I'm more or less dead set on taking a summer long break from WoW and enjoying it with the kids.
    One of the reasons is that PvP, while I still enjoy it, is a bit stale.
    Garrisons + Phase line pvp, have hurt WPvP on servers that still had it.
    I'm not the biggest Arena fan in the world. I've run plenty of RBG's this season, I could sneak into Hero this season if I get lucky, and have 3 alts looking at Soldier titles at min.(which I won't lie, that is a cool damn title I think.)
    Ran bgs until my eyes, bled, and leveled an Alliance toon to work on my AV/IoC metas.
    You know honestly, I've been doing most of what is available for a while.

So that brings up the common complaint of the lack of arenas/bg maps potentially (I use that term as I can't say I know it is because of) Ashran. But if you could make up a battleground, maybe even just a temporary battleground or battleground with a different que like the TMvsSS mess...bg.... what would you make?
    I think it might be some fun to have a rotating battleground that draws from some of WoW's lore. So imagine if you could have a que apart from normal bg ques for a "recreation" of the Battle for Light's Hope Chapel. Maybe 15 vs 15, or 20 vs 20, with multiple points to hold, to help gain buffs, ( without resorting to 40 vs 40 zergfests. But anyways, it would 15 Death Knights on one team (light have mercy on the steal killing death grips) vs 15 other players of all classes (minus death knights.) The death knights would have a buff that restores X percentage of health every 10 seconds, that is made stronger while defending a "node" and out of combat. The other team wouldn't get said buff, due to having the availabilty of healers.
    anyways, it could have 3 "lanes" sort of like Arathi Basin.
    A node outside the dk start point, a node outside the Argent Dawn starting poitn, these both provide different buffs, to make defending and keepign them attractive. Nothing game breaking, maybe X% more crit damage or X% haste granted, or X% life restored on killing blow. Then there would be a center node and two outer nodes, that grant buffs. Instead of granting resources due to time/nodes capped, resources could be gained by honorable kills within a certain vicinity of the node. To help foster node importance and keep pointless road farming to a decent minimum, and smart play of the losing side trying to retreat. Also being in control of the node your fighting by, would grant greater resources, then fighting by one you don't own, thus putting greater emphasis on capping/defending.
    Idk, I know its not great, and far from the best idea ever presented on this forum alone, but I'm just kind of burnt out on running the same old same old. Something like this (or a better idea which wouldn't be hard to think of for some people I'm sure) might be enjoyable to break up the current routine.
    But if you could make up a battleground or in my case reskin a current battleground, what would you do?
    Also it doesn't have to be full time, maybe a seasonal/holiday battleground.
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelhander View Post
    Thank you for mansplaining how opinions work.
    Also you're wrong, the people who agree with you are wrong, and you're probably ugly.
    Ever been so angry at everyone on the internet you tell a woman she is mansplaining?

10+ Year Old Account
    I have one idea in my mind for some time. I am a huge Rugby fan myself and it is a source of inspiration.

The map would be relatively simple with 5 zones similar to EotS bases, the difference is you can't take the next zone unless you hold the one before. It is basically an arm wrestle, when you push your enemies out of the map you win. However to prevent it being an endless game, each zone awards some resources. Both factions start with 2 zones already and the one in the middle being contested.

Then in the middle there is a spawn point with an Orb just like in Kotmogu, with a twist. Holding the Orb in your own area doesn't award resources, you need to be in a contested or enemy zone to gain resources from it. When dropping the Orb it doesn't move to a spawn point, players need to pick it up. The battleground would be 10v10.

From an aesthetical point of view I was thinking about some kind of mountain peak where we land from our airships and try to push the enemy out of it. The mountain is a great strategic point with some Titan ruins or something. The reason for ruins and a lot of cool enviroment is for LoS to prevent it being a zerg fest.

What do you think?

Deleted
    I would love them to give the classic BG's a new theme.

For example Warsong Gulch; that battle theme isn't even relevant anymore (since Cataclysm). Would be nice if the BG stays exactly as it is gameplay wise but just give it a new setting. The same goes for Arathi Basin.

If there would be a completely new BG, I would love to see a BG INSIDE Gilneas. I believe they once wanted to do this but it sadly never came to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    I would reskin all BGs to 2 seasons (summer/winter). That could be nice for a while I mean snowy Arathi Basin would look cool and perhaps some snowstorm effects pushing people down in LM or hiding them from view etc.

Ofc there will always be a dev to ask "would you like weather effects/reskins or a new raid tier" so I guess we can just ask for some old arenas to come back.
    This...Seems.... Awesome!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    I would reskin all BGs to 2 seasons (summer/winter). That could be nice for a while I mean snowy Arathi Basin would look cool and perhaps some snowstorm effects pushing people down in LM or hiding them from view etc.

Ofc there will always be a dev to ask "would you like weather effects/reskins or a new raid tier" so I guess we can just ask for some old arenas to come back.
    Noooooo! Fuck snow and winter, worst shit ever! I think I would enjoy Av more without the snow, and I can't bring myself to level gnomes/dwarves because of the snow and I stay far away from winter zones as well. And whoever decided Frostfire ridge would be a nice place for Horde is a winter fetishist who's never seen real winter.

As far as the topic goes,I don't even know. I enjoy WSG/AB as they are - they are my favorite bgs, as well as TP

i dont think there's a lot that can be done with battlegrounds that hasn't already been done

i would like to see an attempt at capturing what makes Temple of Kotmogu good and having a new variety of that.

I also appreciate Strands and would like to see another small-scale attempt at that.

I would like to see Blizz move toward 5v5 objective-based play with a ladder to support it.

Deleted
    Absolutely love the ideas in this thread-the op's Light's Hope idea, the weather effects and the rugby concept. Wd.