Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiili Mooneye View Post
    No, it should focus on removing dangerous people from society. How that is achieved I don't care about, but letting people out when they're still a danger is just plain out wrong, yet it happens on a daily basis. And time and time you get to see them reoffend.
    Which is arguably the fault of the prison system, which is not focused on rehabilitation. This is just further exacerbated by the privatization of the prison systems which has left them as revenue-generating machines that are not even remotely concerned about the well-being of the prisoners and their rehabilitation, not that it was much better when they were publicly owned as everyone is more focused on vengeance than rehabilitation.

My favorite one? Guy who had been serving time for murder, gets released, and the day he got released he rapes a 12 year old girl. He should've never been let out in the first place since he was still a danger to society.
    Which isn't proof of anything other than that one guy re-offended, committing another violent crime. That does not prove that all people will commit crimes once released if given the proper help, or that other murderers can't be rehabilitated.
    Deathknight's do it using disease, blood and the power of the unholy. Warlocks do it with dark demons by their side. Mages do it with summoned arcane powers. Druids do it using the forces of nature. Rogues do it through stealth, poison's, shadows and....from behind. Paladins do it by calling to the light for aid. Shamans do it with the help of the elements. Priests do it through the holy light.
    But warriors....
    Warriors just fucking do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsubodia View Post
    immediate reporting makes it a hell of a lot easier to at least prove it happened. coming forward 10 years later with no evidence at all is a major issue and makes me question the validity of any evidence used

- - - Updated - - -

depends on the person. Once the media gets hold of it you are guilty until proven not guilty. and even then, if proben not guilty, you are still guilty in the eyes of everyone who read about it.
    Unless you're some celebrity where the victim goes to the media herself, the media is never going to get a hold of it. (Not that media even qualifies as a conviction in regards to what i was talking about). Also, barring some actual evidence to corroborate a 5 year delayed rape allegation, it is extremely unlikely that there is going to be an arrest and/or court case. Even cases months later can be tough to charge due to lack of evidence. Not necessarily DNA but any injuries etc that could be used to show lack of consent.

Which, of course, has nothing to do with the statute of limitations.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by triplesdsu View Post
    Even cases months later can be tough to charge due to lack of evidence. Not necessarily DNA but any injuries etc that could be used to show lack of consent.
    It can be hard even when you report it the day it happens, due to lack of evidence.

The vast majority of cases does not result in physical injuries.

It can be hard even when you report it the day it happens, due to lack of evidence.

The vast majority of cases does not result in physical injuries.
    Other than drugs do they hold them down with pillows?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Other than drugs do they hold them down with pillows?
    If you're a girl who is around 165 cm and weighs about 50-60 kg, would you dare fighting back against a guy that's about 180-190 cm and weighing 80-90 kg and risk getting hurt badly because he starts beating you to make you submit to him?

If you're a girl who is around 165 cm and weighs about 50-60 kg, would you dare fighting back against a guy that's about 180-190 cm and weighing 80-90 kg and risk getting hurt badly because he starts beating you to make you submit to him?
    I would scratch him and get his DNA under my fingernails as well as leave a mark to prove I fought back, and then I wouldn't wait 5 damn years to report it

Quote Originally Posted by Lolretadin View Post
    It's likely around 10~% or so; the more accurate studies put it around there.
    Feminist cultists say around 2%.
    Red Pills say upwards of 50%.

^_^ are you adding in LGBT/Male rape statistics ?
    Because you know im 100% your just talking about women. lol....
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Deleted
    I would scratch him and get his DNA under my fingernails as well as leave a mark to prove I fought back, and then I wouldn't wait 5 damn years to report it
    Elin Krantz fought back. Look where that got her.

http://www.thelocal.se/20110413/33190

False reports are far less common than red pill or some news outlets would have you believe.
    How do you know?

It's said no one knows for sure how common they are, but that they're somewhere between 2% and 40%.

That's still immense considering the only way someone will be falsely convicted is his word vs her word and if that happens it's purely due to sexism. Do you think it's acceptable that an innocent's life is ruined just because of his genitals? Because I sure don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Not hard enough, apparently!
    did she fight back? didn't hear about that, didn't the guy get caught cause he couldn't keep his mouth shut?

edit:
    personally I'd just start trying to hurt them back. size and weight don't matter THAT much when the parties are fighting for different goals and it only takes a few pounds of pressure to force someone to move. You risk getting hurt? they risk themselves getting hurt by starting shit.
    Last edited by mickybrighteyes; 2015-05-20 at 07:56 PM.

Elin Krantz fought back. Look where that got her.

http://www.thelocal.se/20110413/33190
    So every woman should just lay down and take it?

Deleted
    So every woman should just lay down and take it?
    You said you'd fight back, most women wouldn't fight back because they're scared of what might happen if they do. You don't know how far the person is willing to go, if he's willing to rape you, is he willing to kill you if you resist?

Realistically I don't think you'd fight back either if you were in such a situation where someone has a very large physical advantage over you in height, weight and strength.

Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    They're going to remember what happened.
    No, they won't. They'll remember bits of reliable information, intermixed with things their brains fabricated to fill in the gaps of imperfect memory. Your brain is not only terrible at it's job, it's a lying, cheating bastard.

10+ Year Old Account
    lurking in the bushes outside of your window.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post

False rape allegations are very rare.

NO, they aren't.

You said you'd fight back, most women wouldn't fight back because they're scared of what might happen if they do. You don't know how far the person is willing to go, if he's willing to rape you, is he willing to kill you if you resist?
    You also don't know whether the rapist is going to kill you anyways, and your refusal to put up a struggle is just making it easier. Your point is moot.
    Deathknight's do it using disease, blood and the power of the unholy. Warlocks do it with dark demons by their side. Mages do it with summoned arcane powers. Druids do it using the forces of nature. Rogues do it through stealth, poison's, shadows and....from behind. Paladins do it by calling to the light for aid. Shamans do it with the help of the elements. Priests do it through the holy light.
    But warriors....
    Warriors just fucking do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolretadin View Post
    You also don't know whether the rapist is going to kill you anyways, and your refusal to put up a struggle is just making it easier. Your point is moot.
    people tend to not be rational when a crime is commited against them, so spouting what one SHOULD do when it is occuring is meaningless. Fear can make people paralyzed and not do a thing.

Realistically I don't think you'd fight back either if you were in such a situation where someone has a very large physical advantage over you in height, weight and strength.
    So you are advocating, don't fight back and it's ok to wait longer than 5 years to say anything about it. Gotcha

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    False rape allegations are very rare.
    We actually don't know how rare they are. All we know is that people are falsely accused of rape at 4x the rate of other index crimes and that the rate of known/proven false accusations is not much lower than confirmed rapes. Let's please avoid making unproven claims like this.
    Last edited by jordonus; 2015-05-20 at 08:36 PM.
    • Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
      Fashion magazines not trying to appeal to men is misogyny.
    • lol

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    people tend to not be rational when a crime is commited against them, so spouting what one SHOULD do when it is occuring is meaningless. Fear can make people paralyzed and not do a thing.
    people tend to not be rational at all when the subject of rape comes up....

still not much of an excuse.