New start in 6.2

Hi all.

This week my guild has changed server. In WOTLK I played with a lock, also the last months os Pandaria and in WoD with a Warrior Tank.

Now I can choose between my 2 chars in the old server (when we played WOTLK), a lock and a rogue.

I see on streaming from ptr that lock are doing a good dps. But on live, both of my chars are 640lvl (just hit lvl 100) I see low numbers with my lock and the gameplay feels very slow. The rogue in the other hand, is performing pretty well for his gear.

I'm afraid that lock only scale good with mythic gear, wich is very far from us at the moment. I like both class and in the guild there are no lock nor rogue, so I don't want to choose a class that would be and obstacle for our progress in terms of damage.

Thank you.

Perhaps have a look through the Warcraftlog statistics for normal level raids and your gear level. I played around with different percentiles and bosses and both classes look strong to me. Be aware though there are a lot of changes planned for 6.2 and as a pure class it is likely that we will have to play multiple specs if we want to really excel (no clue how that is for Rogues as our guild never seems to have one!)

What spec(s) are you currently playing? If you find it slow now though some more haste will probably not help that much. Perhaps Destro CR may feel better to you but currently that seems to need decent gear/a trinket and tier set to perform well.

10+ Year Old Account
    In an elevator, in the bottomless pit......that only goes down...
    Once you get 2pc tier from BRF (Normal or Heroic), you will see an increase in dps immediately on your lock.

I know because it did for me. I still don't even have the 715 epic ring from the legendary quest yet and i keep up with most in raids.

I play Destro/Afflicition depending on the fight. I'm much better with my Affliction spec though. Since i leveled up as Destro/Affliction (well, started at lvl 1 as Demo, stopped playing at 90, picked back up and leveled as Destro/Affliction to 100) i have had a difficult time trying out Demo again, but i'm sure with practice it will play a bit better.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    All ducks can now drop items.

10+ Year Old Account
    Warlocks are very good damage and scale very well with any BRF gear since almost all of the gear has mastery/haste or crit. around 685 ilvl which is only heroic gear a lock is usually at the top of the charts. I'd recommend going demo with GOserv/AD/DServ. Also i'd recommend reading Furty's Demo guide on the Summonstone website to better understand when to use CDs and what the BiS items are. Honestly i believe playing a lock is better than a rogue but thats because i've been playing a lock since 2.0.1.

Thanks for yours answers.

Actually I'm using destro/affly. I was using destro with cataclyms, so I will give a shot to CR. I suppose that the gameplay with this talent is to cast as many chaosbolt as is possible.

Are the demons scaling with my gear? I was trying to solo the daily apexis in shattrath and my void was dying to quickly. And atm I don't have enough dps to kill them fast. At least today I finished with the apexis part of the legendary quest...

Also, every week I go to ICC 25H for Invencible mount, and Firelands 25 for fast money. Wich spec do you think that is the best (in terms of speed) to solo it? with my warrior the enconters were pretty fast, even with my rogue in assa playing at 640ilvl. But with the lock, playing in destro, all the encounters were very long (even Arthas got my inside his sword, and valkyries spawned ) I didn't try yet Firelands 25 because I'm afraid that Shannox is going to be a pain with his dogs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunc4 View Post
    Are the demons scaling with my gear? I was trying to solo the daily apexis in shattrath and my void was dying to quickly. And atm I don't have enough dps to kill them fast. At least today I finished with the apexis part of the legendary quest...
    They do, but demons have been pretty patheticly squishy for a while. You're often better off tanking the mobs yourself these days.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunc4 View Post
    Also, every week I go to ICC 25H for Invencible mount, and Firelands 25 for fast money. Wich spec do you think that is the best (in terms of speed) to solo it? with my warrior the enconters were pretty fast, even with my rogue in assa playing at 640ilvl. But with the lock, playing in destro, all the encounters were very long (even Arthas got my inside his sword, and valkyries spawned ) I didn't try yet Firelands 25 because I'm afraid that Shannox is going to be a pain with his dogs.
    Just go demo for soloing those type of old instances for harder raids like MoP ones destro is usually the best because of CR+ember tap