Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Yeah, that would be terrible if women had a competitive advantage by learning how to defend themselves from sexual assault I'll just assume that wasn't what you meant by that statement...
    Alleged assault.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    "He was sentenced on a date to be fixed."?
    That probably doesn't mean what it seems to at first glance. Though that would be hilarious.

Bleh, must be quite the muscular type then. Makes me wonder why he would want to jump that.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Yeah, that would be terrible if women had a competitive advantage by learning how to defend themselves from sexual assault I'll just assume that wasn't what you meant by that statement...
    Hey man its positive. <3

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    The moment you attack someone with the intent of kidnapping/raping/physically injuring them for your own pleasure, your life is forfeit.
    This is not US, in UK and the rest of the civilized world you are allow to use reasonable force to defend yourself. There are scenario there deadly force are reasonable force, but this was not the case here, the man was unarmed and the woman who did have superior fighting skill, did not hurt him more then she needed to defend herself.

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Alleged assault.
    Hey if a woman can body you like she did to that guy.

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    I want to wrestle with Paige VanZant. In pudding.
    I support this idea.

Very nice, more women should take self defense/mma style courses as well as go to the shooting range to learn how to protect themselves, their family and friends if need be. Responsible exercise of power 4tw.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ciggy View Post
    Not when you lead with the MMA angle :P

really glad to see something like this. awesome shit
    except 9/10 the dude will pull out a knife and cut her insides open

Quote Originally Posted by a77 View Post
    This is not US, in UK and the rest of the civilized world you are allow to use reasonable force to defend yourself. There are scenario there deadly force are reasonable force, but this was not the case here, the man was unarmed and the woman who did have superior fighting skill, did not hurt him more then she needed to defend herself.
    The problem is that people are not trained professionals who know exactly how much force and where to inflict it, in order to only incapacitate someone. Even trained professionals would have a hard time pulling a stunt like this off in many situations. Simply put, real life is not some garbage DC comic.

Many people who kill someone while defending themselves never intended to do so.
    • Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
      Fashion magazines not trying to appeal to men is misogyny.
    • lol

woulda been better if she snapped his neck. no more rapists wandering about then. o well, good try.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I Belive that in the article he admited that he phisicaly attaced the women.
    “Dois loucos não sabiam que era impossível realizar a tarefa, decidiram então realizá-la.” Mark Twain

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by squeeze View Post
    1. We do not have enough information to make a judgement one way or the other. You would have to at least read the actual legal summary.
    2. This is the UK. There are almost certainly cameras somewhere that caught some aspect of the encounter, even if it is him stalking her.
    3. Willis already admitted assaulting her (*).
    4. DNA from the guy's hands were found on the woman's crotch. Presumably, it is within the court's discretion to assess intent behind the assault plus any other information we have not been given, thus they decided there was enough evidence for a sexual assault charge to stick.
    5. Willis was jailed in 2011 when he tried to drag a woman into his van, after he attacked a couple and punched the man to the ground.

This is definitely a case where it could have ended MUCH worse for the woman either way. That is, since she was unable to get away, she could have been raped or killed. Alternatively, since she has had martial arts training, it could have been misapplied in an extremely stressful, life-death situation like this one and ended up killing or maiming the person. The latter is more likely than you think, especially from strikes to the head, landing with head or back on the ground or choking someone for longer than a few seconds after they are knocked out from blood loss to the brain.

(*) The UK does not have plea bargaining like in the US. If he admitted to that, it was entirely due to him and the pressure he felt from the evidence.

4.) Wasn't it only specified his DNA? Even so, his hands would go there to defend himself. Not to mention I've had plenty of people's DNA on my crotch because they tend to drool when choked unconscious in a triangle, more likely if they're bleeding too. This wouldn't be proof that he assaulted her, only that she put him in a triangle.

I should add that I've been choked out like that a few times too, competing in BJJ and SW, as well as in training. So it's not some internet tough guy shit, just a fact of what happens when you restrict someone's brain's access to oxygen.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    Bleh, must be quite the muscular type then. Makes me wonder why he would want to jump that.
    Most ladies training fightsports aren't exactly built though...
    Last edited by mmoc62471eea71; 2015-05-21 at 11:57 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NPEC View Post
    I Belive that in the article he admited that he phisicaly attaced the women.
    Willis’s DNA was found in the crotch of the woman’s shorts. He was quickly arrested and admitted to actual bodily harm but denied sexual assault.
    That is what the article says in this regard.

Either way, he attacked her - so he had it coming.

Deleted
    Alleged assault.
    The mans the victim here right pateuvasiliu?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    I don't see how her martial arts skills could have been "misapplied". When you are under the threat of possible kidnapping, rape, grave physical injury, any means you can get out of the situation, including the use of deadly force, are perfectly warranted. The moment you attack someone with the intent of kidnapping/raping/physically injuring them for your own pleasure, your life is forfeit.
    In the UK, force has to be reasonable to every situation. If you kill someone you are fighting, even if they ambush and attack you first, then the burden is on you to effectively prove your very life was in immediate danger to avoid multiple types of extremely serious charges. There is nothing like automatic self-defense regardless of the level of force or circumstances, even in your own bed at home.

In fact, in this case the court/judge explicitly acknowledged the woman's handling of the situation, and implicitly her skill:

Judge William Hart said: ‘He bit off slightly more than he could chew with this young lady. Not everyone could do what she did and not everyone could even sensibly try to do what she did.

Deleted
    Leg muscles r pretty strong to the rest of the body, so I don't see what's so special about choking someone easy with them, she had training so she knew what she could do with them legs while others would have been clueless.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I'm not sure if UK law applies a "beyond reasonable doubt" ...
    Yes, we do - exactly so.

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu
    Alleged assault
    You don't say alleged when it has been proven in a court of law.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    Unless she was on boatloads of testosterone, chances are she'd look more toned than bulky, which looks pretty attractive. To me, anyway.
    Last edited by mmoc929869f8d6; 2015-05-21 at 04:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alleged assault.
    He was convinced in a court of law. It's no longer alleged.