Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Balance Druid - Mythic Blackhand P2

We have me going up to balcony's for the second smash and when I don't get marked this is really simple and easy to solo but I've been having terrible luck with getting targeted by the Mark for Death right before. Apparently its possible displacer beast after the mark goes off and still get into the smash. I've been unable to get this timing down. Does anyone have a boomy POV video where you successfully get this displacer to work or just any tips about that. Having a shadow priest back up for the moment but its very annoying knowing that in theory that blink should be possible but failing every attempt I get at it.

It is sorta difficult and you need to be careful doing it because you can blink into a bomb or even blink into the wrong spot and miss the ledge, its best just to send someone else up if you get targeted and you take the next one.

10+ Year Old Account
    We move blackhand further away for the first bombs, after he drops them we move him to position. This means its alot safer to blink, literally no mine field. Then you just need the tanks to get used to positions, world markers help. The SECOND your marked for death debuff goes, blink, and you have 2-3 seconds to shuffle into position before smash. I found it easier to aim for just past the door, rather than the far side as the smash won't always punt you that far.

If you're having trouble with smash 2, smash 5 will ruin you. We found it easiest to have the siege tank taunt BH behind the siege for this marked for death, as again it lines up with smash, but depending on your raid comp you may not be doing smash 5 anyway.
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xtramuscle View Post
    We found it easiest to have the siege tank taunt BH behind the siege for this marked for death, as again it lines up with smash, but depending on your raid comp you may not be doing smash 5 anyway.
    Pretty much this.
    If you have problems with blinking on the right spot just let the tank taunt.
    Make sure the BH tank taunts back just before the boss casts the smash.
    Doesn't matter where BH stands when he cast the smash. He will smash, when he is at the tank.

communicate with the other balcony guys, say you can't go up and take his smash instead. Otherwise get behind siegefind a straight path to the smash check for bombs and blink after impales are out. Quite easy, but a high risk of blowing up a bomb/being hit by a bomb.
    Would suggest that you just communicate better

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Some things that helped for me:

1. You should take a look around right before Marked for Death goes out so that you know where you are going to blink should you get the mark. It's pretty likely that if you don't do this you're going to be behind the Siegemaker unable to see anything and you'll have to just pray you don't blink into a bomb.

2. I also made a weakaura to show my debuff to the last 1/10th of a second so that I could be prepared to blink out ASAP.

Part of it is also on the Tank. It's really important for the smashes to go in a consistent spot and for the tank to STAND STILL WHILE IT'S CASTING (We ended up needing to use a world marker for this because our Tank kept just doing them in random places for no reason at all). It's also really important for the Smash to be taken in blink range. If you blink ASAP, you're going to have ~1.5-2 seconds to get into place after you blink.

I'm not sure what the rest of your phase 2 strategy looks like - but if you are spawning the Reinforced one third, then Smash 4 is probably going to be out of blink range. We have our Feral doing this one with Incarnation since he can't get Marked.

Also - if you are doing 2/5, you might have to wrath through a cycle or two depending on how often you get Marked so that you can have CA back up in time.
    Jellogtwo - Druid - Royal Militia [A10] - Main - 14/14H
    Jellog - Monk - Royal Militia [A10] - Alt - 14/14H

<Royal Militia> - 14/14H x2, US 27th (22nd for 10s only), is now recruiting all classes for WoD!

Quote Originally Posted by Jellog View Post
    Also - if you are doing 2/5, you might have to wrath through a cycle or two depending on how often you get Marked so that you can have CA back up in time.
    personally I tried to just get out as many empowered lunar, and then just wrath rest, he should have around or way more than 1 starsurges pr cycle, can maintain more damage by spreading out the wrath casts to early lunar rather than full cycles.

It's possible to position to displace all of the smashes, though some are more difficult. 2, 4, 5, 6 should all be quite easy, just watch your debuff and blink as it hits 0, you should have 1 second or more to spare.

The amount you need to wrath can vary based on whether you get marked in between and have to move a bunch/get out of range/etc. When I jump down from the first balcony (smash 2), I make sure to roar myself back to the boss to get empowered solar up. I primarily wrath after this until I have a good idea about the timer on smash 5 and the cd for CA - with a couple trinket procs and not having to move for marks, I can end up having 10-15 seconds to spare; if i get marked multiple times, boss gets moved out of range, and 0 procs, I might have to cast once or twice on the balcony to finish the cd.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by theburned View Post
    personally I tried to just get out as many empowered lunar, and then just wrath rest, he should have around or way more than 1 starsurges pr cycle, can maintain more damage by spreading out the wrath casts to early lunar rather than full cycles.
    Yeah that would probably work better. I ended up being on 2/6 (and 2/4/6 for a little while during progress), so it was never something I really tried to optimize.
    Jellogtwo - Druid - Royal Militia [A10] - Main - 14/14H
    Jellog - Monk - Royal Militia [A10] - Alt - 14/14H

<Royal Militia> - 14/14H x2, US 27th (22nd for 10s only), is now recruiting all classes for WoD!

Quote Originally Posted by Florelea View Post
    We have me going up to balcony's for the second smash and when I don't get marked this is really simple and easy to solo but I've been having terrible luck with getting targeted by the Mark for Death right before. Apparently its possible displacer beast after the mark goes off and still get into the smash. I've been unable to get this timing down. Does anyone have a boomy POV video where you successfully get this displacer to work or just any tips about that. Having a shadow priest back up for the moment but its very annoying knowing that in theory that blink should be possible but failing every attempt I get at it.
    I do smash 2 and 6 (far balconies). This vod has me marked for both smashes, linking to give you an idea of how much time you actually have.
    *You must displacer as soon as the buff wears off* (Also, keep an eye on slags to see their positioning so you can guesstimate what angle you should be displacering to, and what you need to do to dodge & position)

At least on smash 6 there's always a couple of slag bombs up that I have to try to avoid displacering into. Basically stand near enough the tank that you can run without a speed boost to it if you get Marked, save displacer for the moment the debuff wears off (super important, you will have next to no time to adjust in the smash circle for the far balcony if you are going there).

If you have a disc priest, make sure they are shielding you right before Smash goes off so you can go up with enough health that NV/Barkskin + maybe a rejuv if needed will keep you up.

I find that I can clear the balconies with just CA + Nature's Vigil/Barkskin. In this video I'm probably staying up too long after I know the mobs will die (along with a slew of other errors, such as popping my 3 mins on smash 6 (it's one of the first times we made it to p3 where you'll need to save those if you can afford it). You can jump down with lower stacks/sooner.

I can't do links yet -_- you'll have enter this Twitch vod in your browser manually.

twitch.tv/iamgromps/c/6747817

Quote Originally Posted by GrompsPlaysGames View Post
    I do smash 2 and 6 (far balconies). This vod has me marked for both smashes, linking to give you an idea of how much time you actually have.
    *You must displacer as soon as the buff wears off* (Also, keep an eye on slags to see their positioning so you can guesstimate what angle you should be displacering to, and what you need to do to dodge & position)

At least on smash 6 there's always a couple of slag bombs up that I have to try to avoid displacering into. Basically stand near enough the tank that you can run without a speed boost to it if you get Marked, save displacer for the moment the debuff wears off (super important, you will have next to no time to adjust in the smash circle for the far balcony if you are going there).

If you have a disc priest, make sure they are shielding you right before Smash goes off so you can go up with enough health that NV/Barkskin + maybe a rejuv if needed will keep you up.

I find that I can clear the balconies with just CA + Nature's Vigil/Barkskin. In this video I'm probably staying up too long after I know the mobs will die (along with a slew of other errors, such as popping my 3 mins on smash 6 (it's one of the first times we made it to p3 where you'll need to save those if you can afford it). You can jump down with lower stacks/sooner.

I can't do links yet -_- you'll have enter this Twitch vod in your browser manually.

twitch.tv/iamgromps/c/6747817
    Not sure why you are spending so long time up on the balconies idd... I have 5 sec left on CA when I jump down enough for a dot + starsurge, perhaps even enough for a dot on the siege if needed. Getting away with precasting starfall + barkskin, CA as soon as I am up, then dotting up all, in case a few are far away, double dotting for safety.

Not sure why you are spending so long time up on the balconies idd... I have 5 sec left on CA when I jump down enough for a dot + starsurge, perhaps even enough for a dot on the siege if needed. Getting away with precasting starfall + barkskin, CA as soon as I am up, then dotting up all, in case a few are far away, double dotting for safety.
    Yeah, I don't need to (I did say that :P) I usually jump down with 13-14 stacks instead of 20. But this was just to show OP what marked smashes/displacering to position look like, not to copy everything I do.

Deleted
    I've seen guys with Natures Vigil on the balcony and guys casting Cenarian Ward right before the smash hits to get the HoT.
    Which one is better?

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well you can take both? You should have your healers pre hot/shield you before you get knocked up, I guess its between CW and Renewal, but would depend on how many tiems you go up I guess. Renewal being the potentially stronger heal, but only every 2 mins. (Basically with ca+nv activated, you shouldn't need anything else) so renewal would suffice for the other times I assume.

@ the op: Just have backups, to eliminate as much rng as possible.
    Last edited by Hypasonic; 2015-05-28 at 01:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypasonic View Post
    Well you can take both? You should have your healers pre hot/shield you before you get knocked up, I guess its between CW and Renewal, but would depend on how many tiems you go up I guess. Renewal being the potentially stronger heal, but only every 2 mins. (Basically with ca+nv activated, you shouldn't need anything else) so renewal would suffice for the other times I assume.

Most M BH strats are hinged around certain ppl taking balconies. Hunter/locks going up before they spawn for clump aoe on the next wave, and boomkins going up on already spread out waves as we are the most efficient at split aoe. Unless you have multiple boomkins as back up, often back ups arn't even viable, you just need to learn to deal with the mechanics.
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

Deleted
    I do smash 2nd and 5th once you get it it's quite easy to be honest. if you are marked, just as soon as mark is over displacer beast imidiatly.

i see people who walks then displacer beast and either jumps over smash or takes 4-ever to walk around the siege. therefor if you just displacer beast same sec mark hits siege you should be safe.

it's only hard til you understand it then it's quite easy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hypasonic View Post

with the nerfs. you can pretty much survive everything these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Anna pls View Post
    with the nerfs. you can pretty much survive everything these days.
    Well tbh I went with YG and skipped NV on the balconies I used CA, because you really don't need it if you are at 200k hp, and only going to stay up for 10 seconds.
    And this was before last weeks hotfixes, which I then assume the gear was the only change to p2 smash + balcony, so shouldn't really matter whatever you do now.
    Before people were getting used to the fight though I found CW to be better, doing something useful to do during movement, but yeah both that and renewal should've been good. I would say YG though seems more useful as long as you don't need the healing on the balcony.
    Last edited by theburned; 2015-05-29 at 09:22 AM.

Deleted
    Well tbh I went with YG and skipped NV on the balconies I used CA, because you really don't need it if you are at 200k hp, and only going to stay up for 10 seconds.
    And this was before last weeks hotfixes, which I then assume the gear was the only change to p2 smash + balcony, so shouldn't really matter whatever you do now.
    Before people were getting used to the fight though I found CW to be better, doing something useful to do during movement, but yeah both that and renewal should've been good. I would say YG though seems more useful as long as you don't need the healing on the balcony.
    yeah, i hardly use healthstones/healing tunics anylonger, i just stick with renewal. i love the 30% heal + that it heals extra during nature's vigil.

i still ofc do have tunics on me. but meh i hardly get "fucked" twice in row. where i both need renewal and tunic.

i used to love YG but imo i dislike it after the 1% nerf

Quote Originally Posted by Anna pls View Post
    yeah, i hardly use healthstones/healing tunics anylonger, i just stick with renewal. i love the 30% heal + that it heals extra during nature's vigil.

i still ofc do have tunics on me. but meh i hardly get "fucked" twice in row. where i both need renewal and tunic.

i used to love YG but imo i dislike it after the 1% nerf
    It's still 4% isn't it? which is reasonable compared to what it was in MoP.

Well for me I prefer it if it gives me more healing than the other talents, I have tonics and vigil if shit hits the fan, while gift seemed somewhat better against impales in p3, also the extra hp you get from being a tauren helps a little.

It's still 4% isn't it? which is reasonable compared to what it was in MoP.
    Still 4%, yes. Which, given the health buff, is actually more than we had in MoP.