LastLast
    but moba's....kinda suck as games.

Why is this trend continuing..
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post

Why is this trend continuing..
    MOBAS have tens of millions of fans but ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Elodia View Post
    that just means there are tens of millions of stupid people in the world.

I mean the bible is the most sold book in history....you see where this is going

Please post productively and do not discuss religion. Infracted. -Edge
    Last edited by Edge-; 2015-05-21 at 05:57 PM.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Quote Originally Posted by Elodia View Post
    A million flies can't be wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stromclaw
    The Age of Minecraft Clones, as the millennial generation comes out of college ready to dev even more voxel games?
    There is already quite a number of those clones, they are just not as popular (and not as deep) as Minecraft/Terraria. Modern players don't like complexity.

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teebone View Post
    I think you forgot the age of sandbox clones that inspired Saints Row, Mercenaries and Assassin's Creed.
    Or the Modern Military Shooter genre
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Oversaturated genre. LoL, Smite and DotA 2 is all the market needs. Maybe HoS, but we'll see in time.

Deleted
    hope they stop doing moba already and do a normal rts instead, im not going to play any crap moba games

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramza View Post
    hope they stop doing moba already and do a normal rts instead, im not going to play any crap moba games
    I have a bad news for you, the RTS genre is slowly but surely turning into a niche
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

Deleted
    another two for the abortion pile

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramza View Post
    The RTS genre is dead. Only Starcraft, Warcraft 3 and Warhammer 40k games were appreciated by the audience. There have been several RTS games but they were trash, simple skirmishes designed for multiplayer, with no single player story campaign to make you want to play it. Personally, I enjoy RTS games but if it doesn't come with a great story mode with cutscenes and the whole shabang, I'm not buying it, simple.

Also, I don't like "Shogun" style strategy games.

The top one looks really interesting. The bottom one I don't really care for.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Although the card part is confusing me.
    There's a chance I'm horribly wrong about some of this, but I think the whole card thing may be meant as a replacement for the way a typical MOBA handles abilities. As far as I'm aware, in all of the current MOBAs, you pick a character at the start with fixed abilities; HotS lets you modify the abilities of your characters up to an extent, and does let you choose what your ultimate/heroic ability will be, but that's about it.

Going by just the footage in the video that the OP linked, it seems like Lord of Vermillion almost lets you pick and use multiple characters at once. You have the "main" character that you control with the keyboard and such, and then what looks to be "summons" or "companions" which seem to be what you attack with. The cards correspond with the companions you summon, and it seems like it's not only possible to swap out different companions on the fly, but possibly change how a given "summon" works, depending on the card you slot.

It looks like it could be a really interesting and intricate system, depending on if it works like I think it does. I especially like the idea of being able to switch up your abilities (represented by the summons) on the fly. It might even be meant to serve as replacement for items (which didn't seem to exist in the video, as far as I could see). Something else that I noticed that was different from most typical MOBAs is that there seemed to be a time limit. I wonder if they might be going the Blizzard route, where they're gonna try to encourage shorter games, or maybe it's an anti-frustration feature or an alternative to having a surrender option. Still, I wonder what its basis of measurement is, when it comes to deciding who wins when the time runs out, especially in really close games.

As for Master X Master, that looked more like Bloodlines-style arena game than a traditional MOBA, though I suppose it's possible that was just an alternative game mode. Something that I noticed right at the end, is it almost seemed like there was bit of an almost MMO-esque open world component? Unless it was just a really elaborate lobby waiting room....

All and all, despite usually not being a fan of PVP-exclusive and MOBA style games, I have to say I do like the unique touches both of those games seem to be trying to bring to the genre. Diversity is almost always a good thing, in my opinion.
    "Go back...I just want to go back...!"

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I find it more interesting that the game will have Wildstar characters in it. This seems to reinforce the fact that they are committed to that game.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    I blame Pong.

By what metric?
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    By what metric?
    They are just so unpopular, you never see any of them in the top 5 of Twitch etc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    They are just so unpopular, you never see any of them in the top 5 of Twitch etc.
    I guess I'm just missing the sarcasm but what the fuck man?

OT: LoVA has a character named Black Robe voiced by Miyuki Sawashiro, what could go wrong? If it gets an English UI, I'll try it out for the 5/5 kawaii grills.

Quote Originally Posted by Darksoldierr View Post
    I have a bad news for you, the RTS genre is slowly but surely turning into a niche
    I thought it already was for quite some time.

That first one actually looks pretty interesting. I'd try it out.

10+ Year Old Account
    that just means there are tens of millions of stupid people in the world.

I mean the bible is the most sold book in history....you see where this is going
    insert mandatory "stop liking what i don't like meme"