Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

[RET] Timewalker Gearing

In response to this post discussing "gearing for godhood" in Timewalker dungeons I thought I'd put my own set together.

Things like Legendaries, Set bonuses, ring procs and gems/enchants all scale down to the appropriate level when you enter a Timewalker dungeon so there's a truly massive choice when it comes to gearing if you want to min/max.

Here's a set I put together using the Wowhead Profiler: Soralin's Timewalker Set

Gearset Particulars:
    Shadowmourne, MoP Legendary Meta/Cloak, WoD 715 Ring for Proc, ICC (Ashen Verdict) Ring for Proc.
    Set bonuses: T13: (2set) Crusader Strike +15%, (4set) Templar's Verdict +20%

Notes:
    • I haven't yet had the chance to test if the 4set affects Final Verdict, but I *assume* that it would.
    • I haven't selected any trinkets because I'm at a complete loss to try and work out which is going to be best. I'd love to include Deathbringer's Will from ICC since I love the transform proc.
    • I ended up picking T13 for the set bonuses over some of the other ones purely because it had more gem sockets in it.
    • I went with 10str gems in red, and str/crit gems in yellow/blue. str/haste might be a better choice for yellow?
    • Some of the offpieces might be less than ideal, if you managed to get a socketed Warlords piece with mastery/multistrike - or indeed if multistrike on the gear outweighs the socket.

So. Any thoughts on trinkets, or suggestions how to improve this set?
    Last edited by BAK; 2015-05-21 at 09:07 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Weren't they supposed to be just regular LFG dungeons? A bit excessive for already easy dungeons.

Part of the ease of the dungeons was outgearing them fairly quickly, whereas with Timewalker you'll be scaled down to a specific ilvl.

With that said I don't imagine they'll be too challenging, but figure that putting together the best possible gearset for them is something worth doing, if only to feel gamebreakingly strong on a ret paladin for a change.

That sounds like a lot of effort for faceroll content.

Deleted
    As far as my information goes TImewalker dungeons will be fairly normal dungeons. Why people started building "BiS" gear for them or i missed something?

15+ Year Old Account
    The only thing I would consider replacing for these dungeons it would be like using Shadowmourne and the Leg. Cloak and mostly for the fun factor. Rest of the gear would be the same I run at 100. The dungeons aren't going to be difficult or anything.

They are just there mostly for ppl than never did them when they were current content. They even said that if you expect to relive the feeling they gave you back then, you won't find that and one of the reasons are that they ain't going to be difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by Deithy View Post
    As far as my information goes TImewalker dungeons will be fairly normal dungeons. Why people started building "BiS" gear for them or i missed something?
    Why not? It's just for fun, a lot of the stuff is in the bank/void storage so knocking up a godmode set so you can faceroll harder is just something to do that isn't garrisons.

Sadly Timewalker dungeons are a complete faceroll without trying to gear for them.

Humour me anyway. Thinking back, what are some of the best trinkets we've had as Ret Paladins?

Depends if you want to gear for trash or bosses (EDIT: or just save 2 gear sets and swap when you get to the boss). For trash, go AoE mode with the new 6.2 AoE trinket + EDIT: Dragon Soul's similar AoE trinket. For bosses, anything with a STR proc/on-use for max burst with wings.
    Last edited by ToyCenarius; 2015-05-22 at 04:47 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BAK View Post
    Humour me anyway. Thinking back, what are some of the best trinkets we've had as Ret Paladins?
    Hmm, tiny abo in a jar comes to mind though it was really good cause of t10.
    Last edited by marinos; 2015-05-22 at 07:42 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by marinos View Post
    Hmm, tiny abo in a jar comes to mind though it was really good cause of t10.
    TAJ was godlike because of crazy interactions between seals and the proc. A melee swing had 3 different triggers: the swing, Vengeance (now censure) application and the SoV (now SoT) DD part. The proc itself could also trigger a seal proc itself. We had similar interactions with Bryntroll, Shadowmourne, and Gurthalakk (and probably others as well). However, TAJ by now is 8 tiers and 3 expansions ago (not including the current one). It's entirely possible that during the 2 spell purges of MoP and WoD and concurrent spell redesigns, this trinket has lost some of it's former crazy interaction glory.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    TAJ was godlike because of crazy interactions between seals and the proc. A melee swing had 3 different triggers: the swing, Vengeance (now censure) application and the SoV (now SoT) DD part. The proc itself could also trigger a seal proc itself. We had similar interactions with Bryntroll, Shadowmourne, and Gurthalakk (and probably others as well). However, TAJ by now is 8 tiers and 3 expansions ago (not including the current one). It's entirely possible that during the 2 spell purges of MoP and WoD and concurrent spell redesigns, this trinket has lost some of it's former crazy interaction glory.
    Ofc it has lost value. If I remember correctly they had made it to not proc from seals anymore too with the cata pre-patch though I might be wrong on this. I was just answering to BAK's question, not implying the taj is going to be good for timewalking dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by BAK View Post
    • I went with 10str gems in red, and str/crit gems in yellow/blue. str/haste might be a better choice for yellow?
    I'm thinking you'll want to STR/Haste in your yellows. That's what I'm gonna do.

I tanked some and healed some and they are fun to do- but basically as a tank you can fall asleep in your keyboard and as a healer you need to be awake for maybe bosses.

Does t16 4pc stack with empowered divine storm and divine purpose?

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by marinos View Post
    Ofc it has lost value. If I remember correctly they had made it to not proc from seals anymore too with the cata pre-patch though I might be wrong on this. I was just answering to BAK's question, not implying the taj is going to be good for timewalking dungeons.
    it lost ALL Of it's value halfway through ICC when ret was doing good and they nerfed us, they reduced our damage and said trinket effects and seal of command should not proc off of seals ( which they did the entire time the game was in place) this change nerfed tiny abom and all further trinket procs down the line.

the same would happen with weapon procs, cloak procs, all procs involving seals in early cata, late cata, mid way through mop and last tier in warlords.

seals are just not appreciated at all i say :/

Are those really that hard you need to actually min max gear for it? I heard you could 3 man them in ptr.

You don't needto min/max gear for them, you'll probably complete them just fine in whatever gear you have already. However if you want to feel powerful with various legendaries and set bonuses, there's nothing stopping you.