Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Unhappy So far nothing good for Elem/Enha in 6.2?

Since the 6.2 release candidates started appearing i would guess that no more major class changes are coming.

Which to me is kinda sad since i was hoping for an Elemental mobility buff - or any buff related to Enha's single target DPS.

Also both Elem and Enha got kinda crap off-healing (defenses) when compared to other hybrids, so that is another area that could be polished.

Sure there is still a small chance that blizzard does toss Elem/Enha something worthwhile until 6.2 officially arrives - but i am not feeling hopeful...

Last edited by Aleksej89; 2015-05-21 at 01:12 PM.

Deleted
    I remember when the first notes went online and people went all "it's just the early cycles of PTR, the nerf is only a tiny part of what is to come". Well, apparently the nerf is all there is too come.

I'm under the impression that they are still working on the changes or that perhaps the changes are so small they are going to be rolled out near the end of 6.2 testing / hotfix. Gameplay wise, enh ain't that bad in shape... I just feel like SS and LL could use another buff... Or you know, make windfury an actually bigger part of our dmg (which will probably be with archimonde's trinket, hoping our trinket buff our dmg a lot more than other classes and thus the reason why we don't see much changes... specially with how well it's gonna work with our set bonuses).

For ele tho, well that's kinda strange :-/.

Deleted
    Well, elem will actually lose mobility because we'll eventually lose the T17-4p, and lose relative dps because of the multistrike nerf. Elem is currently exactly middle of the pack, so it'll probably because one of the worst dps spec in the game in the next tier.

Enhancement will probably be better in most situations and gain some dps ranking at the end of the tier because of the archimonde trinket having great synergy with the T18. Will still be ridiculously under-tuned compared to say assassination rogue (T18FOTM).

Shaman is an abandoned class in terms of design, Blizzard has never changed anything relevant or drastic since release so I would not hold my breath for big changes. Most shamans at this point just hope for an overhaul of the entire class in the next expansion. (Still would not hold my breath about that.)

Sure there is still a small chance that blizzard does toss Elem/Enha something worthwhile until 6.2 officially arrives - but i am not feeling hopeful...
    The PTR is pretty much done, no design change is going to be made, only final tuning.

I'm sorry to be such a downer but there is no evidence what so ever that Blizzard has the slightest consideration about shaman's future, if you look at an interview watcher gave just after release. He said : "Some talent rows in the shaman tree are pretty terrible, it is unlikely to be addressed in 6.1 or 6.2". Claiming at the expansion release that there is no plan to fix the only possible aspect of customization for a class in the next 2 patches is borderline insulting. I have never seen Blizzard say "There is a problem with the design of this class, we don't plan to fix it for the next 2 tiers of raid."

Shamans need to reroll or be prepared to be useless for next tier (pretty much like the previous one) unless they are restoshams and can spam chain heal.

Tl;dr : Non-resto-Shamans won't change in 6.2, they'll probably be useless like in T17, reroll if you can.

It's always been like this. Shaman have been overlooked every expansion and every expansion we have these same threads about it.

Deleted
    blizzard actually said that the shaman need a total rework but we will see something for the next expansion hopefully

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember hearing about something that'd help Elemental's mobility in PvP in some shape or form come 6.1 and if not, 6.2, at the start of the expansion. Still no sign of it, and I'm even questioning why Multistrike was even reduced for us. Anyone have an answer?

Deleted
    Well I was totally fine with MoP version Enha Shaman. So happy to see to beat down the "pure" dps classes to dust.
    Expect Multi-Dot/cleave fights.

I'm hoping for a complete redesign for the next xpac, anything less and i'll just delete my shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by Blithe View Post
    I remember hearing about something that'd help Elemental's mobility in PvP in some shape or form come 6.1 and if not, 6.2, at the start of the expansion. Still no sign of it, and I'm even questioning why Multistrike was even reduced for us. Anyone have an answer?
    I heard that multistrike was nerfed for Elemental shamans because "They would scale too hard at the higher levels of multistrike available in 6.2"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodroki View Post
    Well, elem will actually lose mobility because we'll eventually lose the T17-4p, and lose relative dps because of the multistrike nerf. Elem is currently exactly middle of the pack, so it'll probably because one of the worst dps spec in the game in the next tier.
    Elemental dps mobility is just fine as it now, even counting out the T17-4p. We have plenty of things to cast on the move. Ofcause its not ideal, and we would like to stand still. But I really doubt movement is going to be a problem in the next tier.

The aktualitet dps output comparred to what other classes are recitering through the Archimonde trinkets, does seem really lackluster atm. My hope is that it will be multiplied by the elemental fusion talent, and thus be an actual dot you can feel dealing damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Kulia View Post
    I heard that multistrike was nerfed for Elemental shamans because "They would scale too hard at the higher levels of multistrike available in 6.2"
    I figured the reason behind nerfing attunements for practically every class was to keep shit from spiraling out of control like it does at the end of every expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaminari View Post
    Elemental dps mobility is just fine as it now, even counting out the T17-4p. We have plenty of things to cast on the move. Ofcause its not ideal, and we would like to stand still. But I really doubt movement is going to be a problem in the next tier.

The aktualitet dps output comparred to what other classes are recitering through the Archimonde trinkets, does seem really lackluster atm. My hope is that it will be multiplied by the elemental fusion talent, and thus be an actual dot you can feel dealing damage.
    The trinket will stack with EF (multiplicatively), making EF basically the only option for that talent tier. The trinket is actually quite good numerically, it just is boring in design.

I think elemental will likely keep its spot at middle-of-the-pack for next tier, even including the nerf to multistrike, so it really will just come down to our utility being the problem (again).

No notable utility, poor self defense (pathetic off-healing) and poor mobility DPS is what Elem looks like today AND in 6.2.
    There is just no real reason to bring an Elem when other ranged DPS classes actually got useful tools/advantages in certain areas - while elem has flat out nothing.

Enha just needs some single target buffs - while in PvP both elem and enha need a big bonus to off-healing and self-defenses.

Also totems, please make them something other than an inferior version of a non-totem spell.

Deleted
    This must be some weird parallel universe, since I could swear that I have the same discussion in the thread above this one and people are telling me that Elemental is fine.

Other classes complain that they suck and they get multiple reworks over the past decade.

Shaman players keep saying tthey are fine, so blizzard has not reworked or modernized the class since TBC...

Deleted
    We just have to hope that they will change something but unfortunately I don't think they will change something

Every time i see the ptr changes reminds me of this pic

Mango Frostmane-Eu

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daffy201 View Post
    Every time i see the ptr changes reminds me of this pic

BEST IMAGE EVER =') I laught sooooooo hard

Quote Originally Posted by Deilyora View Post
    We just have to hope that they will change something but unfortunately I don't think they will change something
    "Squeaky wheel gets the oil" is the old saying.

If shaman players keep saying "we are fine", every other class will get their THIRD rework before shamans are even considered for their first.