Lightbulb Time to take that legendary cloak out of the bank for 6.2?

Nevermind, seems honor gear grind will be back and conquest gear will be useless.

So I was taking a look at my bank yesterday and came across my legendary cloak, so I remembered this:

From PTR notes:
    "All gear between item levels 560 and 690 will now scale up to 690 in PvP combat."

The legendary cloak is ilvl 600 ~ 616, so it should scale to 690. It gives three stats so it could be better than the current conquest cape when the next season starts, specially if it is enchantable with WoD enchants. It also has a gem slot, but i don't think you can use a wod gem in it.
    It should not proc, as the proc has never worked for PVP and it doesn't proc anymore when you get to level 100.

If it scales and is enhantable I will probably replace my current conquest cloak by the legendary and buy the new cloak as my last item.

Anyone tried using it on PTR? I would love to use it again, it had a very cool visual =)
    Last edited by Knolan; 2015-05-21 at 09:28 PM.

Deleted
    I could imagine the cloak will be an exception, as it's now unavailable .

You never know though!

Quote Originally Posted by Knolan View Post
    So I was taking a look at my bank yesterday and came across my legendary cloak, so I remembered this:

From PTR notes:
    "All gear between item levels 560 and 690 will now scale up to 690 in PvP combat."

The legendary cloak is ilvl 600 ~ 616, so it should scale to 690. It gives three stats so it could be better than the current conquest cape when the next season starts, specially if it is enchantable with WoD enchants. It also has a gem slot, but i don't think you can use a wod gem in it.
    It should not proc, as the proc has never worked for PVP and it doesn't proc anymore when you get to level 100.

If it scales and is enhantable I will probably replace my current conquest cloak by the legendary and buy the new cloak as my last item.

Anyone tried using it on PTR? I would love to use it again, it had a very cool visual =)
    .. considering the new Honor cloak will still be 25 iLevels higher and you can obtain it within seconds of the patch going live, this would still be worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    .. considering the new Honor cloak will still be 25 iLevels higher and you can obtain it within seconds of the patch going live, this would still be worthless.
    Wait, what? There will be new honor gear better than the current conquest gear? So I will have to grind it all over again? Please be joking =(

Get any link with this information? I am having trouble finding it.
    Last edited by Knolan; 2015-05-21 at 08:51 PM.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    http://i.imgur.com/yXsNjPJ.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/vwUp4Mi.jpg

I also found trashran green boxes dropping a green version of the Honor gear, respectively equivalent to the current Primal Aspirants. The ilvl of it is 625(700)

Happy farming
    Last edited by Livevil; 2015-05-23 at 02:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Livevil View Post
    http://i.imgur.com/yXsNjPJ.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/vwUp4Mi.jpg

I also found trashran green boxes dropping a green version of the Honor gear, respectively equivalent to the current Primal Aspirants but cant remeber ilvl

Happy farming
    Thanks for the clarification Livevil.

Off-topic, semi-rage:
    Blizz logic: Everyone is happy with reusing their Arena gear and with the 27k conquest vendor! Let's change that!

Seriously, why the fuck would they change that? I have never seem anyone unhappy with the item system in MoP. People were complaining a lot about the amount of CC, which they of course couldn't fix.

It gives three stats so it could be better than the current conquest cape when the next season starts
    It has 3 stats which make it less likely to be better as less of the itemization is spent on your best stat.

Thanks for the clarification Livevil.

Off-topic, semi-rage:
    Blizz logic: Everyone is happy with reusing their Arena gear and with the 27k conquest vendor! Let's change that!

Seriously, why the fuck would they change that? I have never seem anyone unhappy with the item system in MoP. People were complaining a lot about the amount of CC, which they of course couldn't fix.
    Please please please tell me this is incorrect. That would just butcher any sense of accomplishment (or advantage) those who obtained conquest gear in the previous season had. Although it does put everyone on a curiously even playing field.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm honestly all for even playing grounds at this point, at least for arena. I'm not sure how I feel about it being in the open world, though. Simply because of the potential lost sense of PvP gear being even remotely different than other gear.

Off-topic, semi-rage:
    Since all but 3-5 of the pieces now change stats, the 27k Honor/CQ vendor wasnt needed. And as for everyone being happy about "re-using" their Arena gear - perhaps, but only because no better alternative had been provided, and given the massive iLevel disparity it led to between PvP gear and PvE gear, this was perhaps the best reason ever to ditch the old system.

Seriously, why the fuck would they change that?
    To make sure there wasnt a massive iLevel gap between PvP and PvE gear like there was in Mists.

I have never seem anyone unhappy with the item system in MoP. People were complaining a lot about the amount of CC, which they of course couldn't fix.
    People were complaining in droves about the best PvP gear being PvE gear. For months. This handily fixes that.

Also..

Wait, what? There will be new honor gear better than the current conquest gear? So I will have to grind it all over again?
    Seriously, can we stop with the butt-hurt hyperbole?

What "grind" are you even talking about? Do you not understand that you can have an entire set of Honor gear within like 2 hours, even if you dont prepare for the next patch AT ALL?

If you DO prepare for the next patch ahead of time, you can have an entire set of the new honor gear within MINUTES of the patch going live and before you even have to PvP.

There.

Is.

No.

Grind.

Deleted
    Since all but 3-5 of the pieces now change stats, the 27k Honor/CQ vendor wasnt needed. And as for everyone being happy about "re-using" their Arena gear - perhaps, but only because no better alternative had been provided, and given the massive iLevel disparity it led to between PvP gear and PvE gear, this was perhaps the best reason ever to ditch the old system.
    Yeah, let's just ignore how different speccs have different stat priorities making the gear subpar despite it having the stats needed as the secondary stats are completely wrong. It's a QoL change that has been taken back to force people to regrind the whole stuff again, also some of the most expensive pieces such as weapons don't change.

It's a half arsed change they invested little thought into. The 27k gear vendors were imo superior.

- - - Updated - - -

If you DO prepare for the next patch ahead of time, you can have an entire set of the new honor gear within MINUTES of the patch going live and before you even have to PvP.
    4k Honor, 1k Artifacts that translate into 3k honor. That's 7k of around 24k. Yeah, minutes. Do raiders have to go through dungeons and other stuff, throwing their entire Raid Gear away between patches? No? Do they have to reenchant and such? No? Odd!

Deleted
    ^has never played a multirole class. ^has never optimized for different specs. ^has missed how pvp and pve ilvls work in WoD. ^confused plus with to, it's 3+5 pieces that don't change stats.

It was a change to cover up a lack of content with grind. Seems to work perfectly fine on some people xD

Quote Originally Posted by Erzengel View Post
    ^has never played a multirole class.
    Huh, i play a druid. Weird.

^has never optimized for different specs.
    Feral and Resto use the same stats? Oh wait, they dont! So, you're full of crap. Thats not exactly a surprise given the run on sentence and the "conclusion" you come to.

^has missed how pvp and pve ilvls work in WoD.
    Understands them better than you, apparently. HFC LFR gear would have been as good as Honor gear if they had stuck with the old model. Maybe you should learn to math.

^confused plus with to, it's 3+5 pieces that don't change stats.
    No confused at all. Thanks for trying though.

It was a change to cover up a lack of content with grind. Seems to work perfectly fine on some people xD
    There.

Is.

No.

Grind.

Two hours. That's all it takes to have a full honor set.

That is not, by anyone's metric, a "grind".

Quit with the butthurt hyperbole.

Deleted

Feral and Resto use the same stats? Oh wait, they dont! So, you're full of crap. Thats not exactly a surprise given the run on sentence and the "conclusion" you come to.

Understands them better than you, apparently. HFC LFR gear would have been as good as Honor gear if they had stuck with the old model. Maybe you should learn to math.

There.

Is.

No.

Grind.

How can you as a druid who claims to play feral and resto not see the problem reintroducing this system has? And what does honor gear have to do with the 27k conquest cap?

I am not gonna touch on the explicit and implicit insults, and will rather just refute one of the more obvious points that is easy to follow, so you may just be able to understand it:
    neck, back, main hand, off hand, 2 rings, 2 trinkets
    8 slots that don't change stats (that is 3+5 if you're still wondering what I was talking about)

15+ Year Old Account
    As nasty an a cunt thing to say but PvPer's are a second class playerbase in wow.
    Now im not saying its fair but its simply the case in blizz's choices an eyes .
    Chaotic Serenity - US Frostmourne Alliance 13/13 Mythic

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Yeah, let's just ignore how different speccs have different stat priorities making the gear subpar despite it having the stats needed as the secondary stats are completely wrong. It's a QoL change that has been taken back to force people to regrind the whole stuff again, also some of the most expensive pieces such as weapons don't change.

It's a half arsed change they invested little thought into. The 27k gear vendors were imo superior.
    It's a half-assed change they put a lot of thought into, to get people to pay & grind, pay & grind just like everything else they do. Nothing mistaken about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Caolela View Post
    It's a half-assed change they put a lot of thought into, to get people to pay & grind, pay & grind just like everything else they do. Nothing mistaken about it.
    Except there is no grind.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Erzengel View Post
    How can you as a druid who claims to play feral and resto not see the problem reintroducing this system has? And what does honor gear have to do with the 27k conquest cap?
    Nothing, glad you passed 5th grade. He had two different things to complain about that were both bullshit. His big one was that he now has to "grind" for an entirely new set of Honor gear because his precious 690 Conquest gear is now "worthless". Thus the absolute refutation of his bullshit belief that there is a "grind".

Two hours is not a grind.

Better yet, you can 100% avoid even having to do that - you've had weeks and weeks with this knowledge to prepare. I will have a full set of the new 680/715 Honor gear before i ever even have to PvP.

I am not gonna touch on the explicit and implicit insults, and will rather just refute one of the more obvious points that is easy to follow, so you may just be able to understand it:
    neck, back, main hand, off hand, 2 rings, 2 trinkets
    8 slots that don't change stats (that is 3+5 if you're still wondering what I was talking about)
    Wow, shitty attempt at ad-hominem.

Why would you possibly change trinks? You're going to have your CC break trink - there is never a reason to replace this (and any Resto druid who is using the Spirit trinket - uh, you're a total failure and doing it wrong); you're going to have either the proc or on-use - so you -may- have to replace one trink (if on-use Versatility isn't your trink of choice, which it is for a substantial number of specs).

And.. so what?

Using honor gear while you get the whopping ~10K conquest to replace every piece you need to replace is NOT going to kill you. If you're so competitive, you should easily have a 2300-2500 CQ cap per week.

People act like using the Honor gear is equivalent to being naked. Quit with the fucking hyperbolic whining. It just makes you look like an idiot.

There.

Is.

No.

Grind.

Feral plays with a balance of critical, versatility and mastery. Balance stacks mastery. Resto goes haste / mastery.
    Clearly the same... right?

Also, let's remember that elite gear also costs conquest.

Finally, not everytime ashran grind works, when I geared my DK I could find a group and it was relatively fast, on my alt druid (other server) we got stomped over and over. Ashran queues are empty as hell right now, so I had to go for the old way of getting wrecked in bgs until I got the full set. Also, notcie that the rules of ashran are changing and, at least right now, that place is infested with bots, so I wouldn't blindly believe that you can finish the gear grind with ashran alone.

As for the balance of ilvl of pvp and pve itens, that was not a problem in MoP. I grinded the 500 kills of ordos in timeless island with full PVP gear (but the cloak) and it was never a issue. The only point someone would have an advantage would be full heroic gear and you know how many of such people I have met in timeless island? Zero. Not to mention that world pvp occours once in a lifetime and taking a decision that affect the most popular PVP category not to affect one that rarely ever happens is a stupid move.

As long as pve gear gets downscaled, it won't affect pvp. The only reason I could see for you wanting the gear levels to be closes it to PVE with PVP gear.
    Last edited by Knolan; 2015-05-22 at 02:41 PM.