The mother of all expansions: Idea

Hello there.

Just like me you have probably read far to many threads about what WoW needs to improve. "Ooh its this thread again" you might think now.

Well my idea is very simpe in terms of presentation:

We need a new big epic world

What made wow unique and loved by me from the start was that you entered a world. With expansions and flying mounts its been alot more as if you have entered 1 new zone. Sure we dont have flying in WoD which I very much approve of but the garrison defeats the purpose and makes the world close to irrelevant once you're level 100. I think a world that has the size of 3x Pandarias or Outlanda and the level cap be 30 increased levels rather then 10.

In addition to this I belive Blizzard need to make the bold move and remove the ability to queue from the menu. It defeats the purpose of being an MMO game.

To queue for battlegrounds needs to be outside where you can duel, showoff and meat and chat with other players.

Sure alot of people wont be happy that it will require more time and effort into doing a battleground, dungeon or the rest.
    But if it takes you 10x times as long to gear up it doesnt matter because it takes 10x as much time everyone else as well.

Interaction with other players is key and putting effort by actually taking a flight path and run to a dungeon will give you a better feeling of accomplishment and a higher will to communicate and finish the dungeon.

Your "idea" is just a mishmash of other peoples pet peeves over the years.

I like the convenience of queues and couldn't give a shit if leveling is an arbitrary number like 1 level or 23,000 levels.

Finally, it does matter if it takes me 10x as long to "gear up" because that time is spent trying to get groups together. Seriously what the fuck?

Quote Originally Posted by Hots View Post
    What made wow unique and loved by me from the start was that you entered a world.
    You were new to the game. I'm shocked. How can this be?

Sure alot of people wont be happy that it will require more time and effort
    Do you know what happens when a lot of people aren't happy? A lot of people unsub.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    And zombie dragons , LOTS OF ZOMBIE DRAGONS

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Your "idea" is just a mishmash of other peoples pet peeves over the years.

I like the convenience of queues and couldn't give a shit if leveling is an arbitrary number like 1 level or 23,000 levels.

Finally, it does matter if it takes me 10x as long to "gear up" because that time is spent trying to get groups together. Seriously what the fuck?
    Your conception of how long or short time it takes for you to gear up is defined by how long it takes for everyone else.

give it up wow will never be like how you want it to be because this game is now for farmville players and 40 year old casual stay at home dads who listen to metalica and smoke weed and think they are hip

blizzard is no longer good it took me awhile to accept to but i did. posting here about bringing back good things will not be a good idea unless your good idea is selfie cam type things

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Honestly, the ability to queue into dungeons and other content has become so much of a staple for modern MMO's that if they don't have it, they get constantly cluster-shunned into either retaliating or buckling in. GW2 tried a little bit of the first before finally giving everyone what they wanted. The dream of a queue-less MMO are long gone and in the eyes of the beholden.

I'd love for a big open world, but that presents problems of it's own. You damn well know people would immediately start bitching about the lack of anyone in the world, or only seeing people in the questing hubs, for obvious reasons. You'd either need to mega-server everyone of a server type onto one massive funnel type server (all pvp, all normal, all rp and all rp pvp in the same region mixed together among their individual types.) or figure out a way to populate a land 3 times as massive as anything they've ever done and still haven't been able to make it feel "populated." (In my opinion, the whole population scapegoat is more a confirmation bias than it is an actual problem, but I was more stating the reaction of the people.)

Not to mention, lorewise the only zones that can even come close to the magnitude we are talking is either something pulled from [The Contrived Arsehole of Blizzard] (tm), or the Emerald Dream. I don't really see them hitting the green water bongs any time soon, so we are more likely to get something random and out of right field. Another issue being, if it is random out of right field, it's going to be smaller, as they are going to want to corral as many people back into the game with actual features. (See "empty world with nothing really in it" and "we are too busy releasing content in the future to be able to fix the content you have now")

Finally, it won't take -everyone- 10x longer to gear up as the non-queue system obviously prefers premade groups of people or even close friends. Incase you haven't noticed, not a lot of peoples friends play WoW anymore (for obvious reasons) and systems like that would only drive them away. Telling people to make new friends or get out of their MMO is... Well, proof that I'm actually glad you're not Chilton. Yet.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

10+ Year Old Account
    My suggestion is you go find and play some Vanilla private server. Most people won't want to go back there, but you apparently do.
    Flying didn't defeat the purpose of going out into the world. Flying is merely a method of going out into the world. Garrisons to some point, but then again in most expansions at max level there was no real incentive to go out into the world unless you wanted to farm for mats. Well guess what, unless you get enough mats from you garrisons, you still need to farm. So yes garrisons made it less necessary to go out, but still, the majority of players did not go out into the world that much in previous expansions either.
    Before they would go AFK or hang out in the major faction hubs or capitals. Even during Vanilla and TBC.... A few players would fly/gallop to the summoning stone while the rest waited to be summoned....
    It's really not that different. The only advantage is that a small part of the raid does not have to go out to the summoning stone to summon all the others...