Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    Yes, country absolutely matters, unless of course you provide specific sites to choose from. I am a stupid American and can not keep track of what countries use what currency. Also, prices vary from country to country. I will try to look through those sites a little later when I get home to find something.
    Belgium it is , but like i said i can buy from anywhere in Europe ( we use same currency ) only issue is with UK where theres Tax etc so it adds up in final cost , rest of europe pretty much same.

again 300 euroes give or take , a bit over is fine if the card is worth it .

also whats the difference in Strix and other models ? i see few 970 but hard to know which one is best
    Last edited by acegaming90; 2015-05-22 at 09:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by acegaming90 View Post
    Belgium it is , but like i said i can buy from anywhere in Europe ( we use same currency ) only issue is with UK where theres Tax etc so it adds up in final cost , rest of europe pretty much same.

again 300 euroes give or take , a bit over is fine if the card is worth it .

also whats the difference in Strix and other models ? i see few 970 but hard to know which one is best
    The Strix has the best cooling solution. It is quieter then the rest. Performance will be about the same across all of them, so it doesn't matter too much, but I would stick with top name brands, ASUS, Gigabyte, EVGA, MSI.

what are your thoughts about r9 290x vs GTX 970 strix?

also i saw some bundles of witcher 3 with some card , i was gonna buy the game anyways so if it ends up being better deal why not? any thoughts on that?

also if i cant go over 300 euros then what would be my best option ? keep in mind my older GPU so something probably better then that ?
    Last edited by acegaming90; 2015-05-22 at 10:18 PM.

Deleted
    dont buy nvidia.Yes the 970 is the best at its pricerange but we have to boycotaz nvidia for what they did.Buy the 290 or the 290x whichever you can afford

Quote Originally Posted by Truthbetold View Post
    dont buy nvidia.Yes the 970 is the best at its pricerange but we have to boycotaz nvidia for what they did.Buy the 290 or the 290x whichever you can afford
    sorry i dont get it? what they did?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Truthbetold View Post
    You are entitled to your own opinion ofc but do that with your own money, don't advise others to do so.

Deleted
    sorry i dont get it? what they did?

Save up some more and go for either R290X or 980.
    Last edited by mmocc45b8b4f56; 2015-05-22 at 10:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chibas View Post
    [video=youtube;jPlCIUh_Tp0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPlCIUh_Tp0[/video
    Every time the truth comes out my card gets a little slower.

^^this is sarcasm btw

1440p, 970 FTW, zero issues so far. It is still a great card for the money.

ok that issue doesnt bother me , like i said i cant go overboard , you seen my spec right? what gpu you guys suggest in that spec for 300 euro range? so far ftx 970 or r9 290 /290x were suggested but what if i cant go over 330EURO or you think prices will drop within few weeks ( a month or so?) and i should wait?

Deleted
    ok that issue doesnt bother me , like i said i cant go overboard , you seen my spec right? what gpu you guys suggest in that spec for 300 euro range? so far ftx 970 or r9 290 /290x were suggested but what if i cant go over 330EURO or you think prices will drop within few weeks ( a month or so?) and i should wait?
    Prices rarely drop on relevant hardware and retailers rarely sell old hardware. What you could try to get is a used GTX 780Ti off of ebay or some other auction/private market place. The 700 series has just become "irrelevant" so a lot of people are currently upgrading to the 900 series. You can get one of those cards for 200-250 bucks and it has about same performance, if not slightly better than GTX970 in some aspects.

http://gpuboss.com/gpus/Radeon-R9-29...eForce-GTX-970

these are the comparison i found , r9 290 is like 60 euro cheaper and better benchmark performance

- - - Updated - - -

and how about https://www.caseking.de/shop/catalog/Graphics-Card/AMD-Graphics-Card/VTX3D-Radeon-R9-290-X-Edition-V2-4096-MB-GDDR5::25684.html

or is VTX not good enough brand? its on discount by 100 euros , not sure if good deal or bad idea

- - - Updated - - -

also is 550 watts enough for my system?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say the same thing Remilia already said.
    And you could wait until Fiji is released to see if prices drop.

how much you think prices of r9 will be effected within few weeks tho? right now i have no gpu at all

also wanted to ask about few of marks , what are peopels thoughts on these? VTX3D , Palit , Gainward ? are they on par with ASUS etc ? they seem cheaper but dont wanna risk it

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm getting anew pc it's gonna look like this:

AMD FX-Series FX-6300 (3.50GHz)
    8GB DDR3 1TB HDD
    Windows 8.1 64-Bit
    AMD Radeon R7 250 2GB

Now my question is Will it run WoW smoothly and if so what kinda fps will i have with the card cause i really don't know that stuff. Also reason im going with r7 is cause the r9's or higher desktops out of my price range.

so anyone if VTX3D Radeon R9 290, X-Edition V2, 4096 MB GDDR5 is a good card for 265 Euros ?

10+ Year Old Account
    I have not heard of VTX3D before honestly.
    Gainward is a big EU name iirc.

well considering how cheaper it is compared to other r9 290 i had my doubts , from what i could find on google its Cheaper brand from Powercooler.

heres the Card: https://www.caseking.de/shop/catalog...R5::25684.html

also found few others , any thoughts on those?

https://www.caseking.de/shop/catalog...R5::25672.html 285 euros right now

https://www.caseking.de/shop/catalog...R5::25933.html 229 euros

all in all again i had http://www.sapphiretech.com/presenta...pid=1547&lid=1 , it was enough for my needs but it had issues so now i need replacement , i am not someone whos gonna play on 4k etc

so anything thats good and will last me a year or 2 will do for newer games like No mans sky / star citizen on high end settings.

also again would my set be fine with that PSU i have?

i also have another issue with my pc i would like to ask about , when i shut it down it restarts after 2-3 sec on its own , could it be PSU issue? i tho it was linked to GPU but even after removing it i still have that.

sorry for wall of texts and repeated Questions

10+ Year Old Account
    I personally prefer Gigabyte of the ones you listed.

As for the shutting down and restart, it is possible for the PSU to be the issue, but it's also possible to be a lot of things =\

ok thanks , how would a gtx 970 stack up against it tho? if i can spend extra on it , it is worth ?