Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    Deleted

6.3 - The Discussion

What ho,

There may or may not be a Patch 6.3 after all, as we learned from a rather vague response by Ion Hazzikostas in this Polygon interview.

"We've got plenty of more story to be told after this," Hazzikostas says when asked whether patch 6.2 would be the last big content update for Warlords of Draenor. But Blizzard is also working hard to make sure players aren't left waiting for new content in general.
    This doesn't specifically state that there will be a Patch 6.3, and it certainly doesn't imply that it will be anything big containing a raid tier. But it does suggest that there might be more story to tell after 6.2. The question is whether this story is 6.3, or 7.0 content.

But Ion also said that:

"Things have come full circle. After fighting and defeating the Iron Horde in all the other zones of Draenor, we have managed to lay siege and finally make some headway into Tanaan Jungle, which is their base of operations."
    This seems to suggest the primary story arc of WoD is coming to a close. However, there's also this:

Deep in Tanaan Jungle rests Hellfire Citadel. And within Hellfire Citadel, Guldan now controls the armies of the Iron Horde. But Guldan may not be the one pulling the strings.

"History and time have a way of repeating themselves," Hazzikostas says. "Demonic influence in the form of Guldan and the Burning Legion have brought this former Iron Horde under their sway."
    Is this simply a reference to that-other-orc, who drinks the blood of you-know-who in the cutscene? That doesn't seem right to me, as he seems more like Gul'dan's puppet, if anything. The rod of domination to control the Iron Horde, as it were.

So the questions remain:

• Who is pulling the strings, if not Gul'dan? (Edit: I know about Archimonde, of course. As does the interviewer. The question possibly implies that there is someone else at work here, since the bosses of HFC are already common knowledge.)
    • What can we learn from the allusions to history repeating itself, beyond the whole affair with the drinking of blood?
    • What could a potential 6.3 possibly entail, if anything?
    • Is Ion simply teasing, or is there room for a small lore patch even if it doesn't contain new raids?

Edit:

For clarity's sake, I am still of the opinion that 6.2 is probably the final patch of WoD, save for possibly a small lore patch to bridge the two expansions. But it's not set in stone yet, and the discussion is still worth having in regards to Ion's answers.
    Last edited by mmocf747bdc2eb; 2015-05-23 at 08:54 AM.

Ship yard upgrades.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Risin View Post
    What ho,

There may or may not be a Patch 6.3 after all, as we learned from a rather vague response by Ion Hazzikostas in this Polygon interview.

This doesn't specifically state that there will be a Patch 6.3, and it certainly doesn't imply that it will be anything big containing a raid tier. After all, Ion also said that: "Things have come full circle. After fighting and defeating the Iron Horde in all the other zones of Draenor, we have managed to lay siege and finally make some headway into Tanaan Jungle, which is their base of operations."

This seems to suggest the primary story arc of WoD is coming to a close. However, there's also this:

Is this simply a reference to Kilrogg Deadeye, who drinks the blood of Mannoroth? That doesn't seem right to me, as he seems more like Gul'dans puppet, if anything. The rod of domination to control the Iron Horde, as it were.

So the questions remain:

• Who is pulling the strings, if not Gul'dan?
    • What can we learn from the allusions to history repeating itself, beyond the whole affair with the drinking of blood?
    • What could a potential 6.3 possibly entail?
    Farahlon.

6.3 needs a place for things to go.

That place is Farahlon.

Facebook integration and more garrison shit.

Onyxia Lair updated to level 100.

6.3 will bring spectator mode: you can now watch your followers do their missions.

What's there to discuss? There's not going to be a 6.3, 6.2 is the final major content patch of WoD. They want to get this terrible expansion over with.

Deleted
    Probably a longer 7.0 pre-patch with some content in it. Always made sense they would do that at some point.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by crazygamer420 View Post
    What's there to discuss? There's not going to be a 6.3, 6.2 is the final major content patch of WoD. They want to get this terrible expansion over with.
    While I am also a "6.2 is final" proponent, we still need to consider what Ion is saying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Archimonde? Wrathion? Cho'gals master? A dark Naruu? Who knows. I do hope theres another patch after this though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    6.3 will bring spectator mode: you can now watch your followers do their missions.
    Wish there were ways to like a post! I am with Mr Miyagi here.

I am not trying to troll here just because I have been having a hard time staying focused on WOD story so far, but what story is left to be told after 6.2? If someone could explain to me so I can see that would be awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Archimonde? Wrathion? Cho'gals master? A dark Naruu? Who knows. I do hope theres another patch after this though.
    There is, it's confirmed now.

Does it involve another raid, no idea but I suspect it will.

Blackwing Lair LFR for next WoW anniversary. Have fun with those slow traps!

But in all seriousness... Where can they go in 6.3? We fuck over AU Legion as well as the rest of the Iron Horde in 6.2, so what more story could they add after that? Does Kil'Jaeden come down and think he'll have a piece of the 10-30 players who fucked over his bro despite us pretty much decimating the first few waves of demons not only in Hellfire, but also the demon presence in Shattrath?

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    More Apexis dailies , that all they can come up with nowadays

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Risin View Post
    What ho,

This doesn't specifically state that there will be a Patch 6.3, and it certainly doesn't imply that it will be anything big containing a raid tier. But it does imply that there might be more story to tell after 6.2.

But Ion also said that: "Things have come full circle. After fighting and defeating the Iron Horde in all the other zones of Draenor, we have managed to lay siege and finally make some headway into Tanaan Jungle, which is their base of operations."

Is this simply a reference to that-other-orc, who drinks the blood of you-know-who in the cutscene? That doesn't seem right to me, as he seems more like Gul'dan's puppet, if anything. The rod of domination to control the Iron Horde, as it were.

So the questions remain:

• Who is pulling the strings, if not Gul'dan?
    • What could a potential 6.3 possibly entail, if anything?
    • Is Ion simply teasing, or is there room for a small lore patch even if it doesn't contain new raids?

Pretty sure he's just referring to Archimonde being the puppeteer as Archimonde is a bit higher up on the chain of command. But I could be wrong. Either way I wouldn't take this as a hint at anything or another patch.

A lot of times these little dev interviews are taken as hints or clues about upcoming content, and a lot of times they're just clever little hooks that get people thinking and wind up in disappointment but serve the purpose of creating "hype."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk357 View Post

Where was this confirmation?

Citation please

Based on the raid context, I'm assuming that the one pulling the strings is Archimonde, since he's the last boss, not Gul'dan. As for history repeating itself, it sounds like he just means that the orcs end up drinking the blood and working for the Legion despite Garrosh's attempt to avert that fate. I don't think we can assume much more than that from it, since not a whole ton happened on Draenor the first time around before the orcs left that hasn't already essentially happened.

A 6.3 could entail a proper bridge, like a trial patch for Mists of Pandaria could have. Otherwise, more story to tell can easily be an allusion to the old statement about the next expansion being connected to this one.
    Last edited by Jokubas; 2015-05-22 at 09:37 PM.

Deleted

To be fair, it isn't confirmed at all. Wowhead made it seem like it was in their news headline, but the interview itself doesn't explicitly state there will be.

"More story to tell after this" could simply refer to 7.0 for all we know. It might be a 6.3 reference, but that's not confirmed. Notice how he immediately began talking about reducing the expansion content gap instead. To me, this could just as well be another clue that 7.0 is arriving faster than we think.

Apart from cut launch content all 6.1 and 6.2 have to offer is a new raid, garrison upgrades, selfies and twitter. If there is a 6.3, which I doubt, don't expect too much from it.