Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    You can't read it, but it's good. Just like the last one. But better!

No really, trust us this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Naxere View Post
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/politi...23d_story.html

Sooo...what happened to the narrative that Republicans were always the reason Obama couldn't get anything done?

Do you think it's a good deal, or a bad deal?
    Republicans...those little stinkers.
    ** When you realize the person you're talking to is so clueless that they think you're the idiot **

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I love Obama, but I don't trust or like this Bill, and I don't like the way it is being passed.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naxere View Post
    Pray tell, what is my obvious partisan agenda?
    whining about obama and cheering on the republicans. you do it in almost every thread you post in.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Its a good thing. Trade deals are always a good thing boosts the econ of every country involved.
    WORLD POPULATION
    U.S pop 318.2 million,Mexico pop 122.3 million ,Russia 143.5 million S.K 50.22 million China 1.357 billion ,United Kingdom 64.1 million, Europe "as a whole" 742.5 million, Canada 35.16 million, South America 387.5 million,Africa 1.111 billion , Middle east 205 Million , Asia "not counting china" 3.009 B ,Greenland 56k,, Iceland 323k, S/N pole 1k-5k/2k

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    His people wrote it, that's why its a secret.

No, corporate insiders wrote it, and they own both parties.

The Trans-Pacific Partnership is a disastrous trade agreement designed to protect the interests of the largest multi-national corporations at the expense of workers, consumers, the environment and the foundations of American democracy. It will also negatively impact some of the poorest people in the world.

The TPP is a treaty that has been written behind closed doors by the corporate world. Incredibly, while Wall Street, the pharmaceutical industry and major media companies have full knowledge as to what is in this treaty, the American people and members of Congress do not. They have been locked out of the process.

Further, all Americans, regardless of political ideology, should be opposed to the “fast track” process which would deny Congress the right to amend the treaty and represent their constituents’ interests. The TPP follows in the footsteps of other unfettered free trade agreements like NAFTA, CAFTA and the Permanent Normalized Trade Agreement with China (PNTR). These treaties have forced American workers to compete against desperate and low-wage labor around the world. The result has been massive job losses in the United States and the shutting down of tens of thousands of factories.

These corporately backed trade agreements have significantly contributed to the race to the bottom, the collapse of the American middle class and increased wealth and income inequality.

The TPP is more of the same, but even worse.
    http://www.sanders.senate.gov/downlo...ed?inline=file

So before you listen to the media's distraction of blaming Obama, you can blame him, most in his party (except the few who are opposing), AND the Republican party equally. BOTH parties want it passed, it doesn't matter who's in the White House or controlling the Congress.

If this thing goes through and is signed into law, the US is fucking done. Kaput. You think you've seen low-wages and lay-offs, businesses shutting down? This will be that on steroids. We'll be on the way to 3rd-world status with TPP.

No matter what stripe you are, you should be calling or e-mailing your representatives and OPPOSING this really bad bill. It isn't hard to do.
    Last edited by Caolela; 2015-05-23 at 07:12 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Yeah, I love Obama, but I don't trust or like this Bill, and I don't like the way it is being passed.
    So you love obama, but not on this, only because republicans agree with him; so essentially, you are saying you don't love obama or his policies, unless they directly coincide with whatever the almighty democrat party decrees is ok?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Caolela View Post
    No, corporate insiders wrote it, and they own both parties.

http://www.sanders.senate.gov/downlo...ed?inline=file

So before you listen to the media's distraction of blaming Obama, you can blame him, most in his party (except the few who are opposing), AND the Republican party equally. BOTH parties want it passed, it doesn't matter who's in the White House or controlling the Congress.

If this thing goes through and is signed into law, the US is fucking done. Kaput. You think you've seen low-wages and lay-offs, businesses shutting down? This will be that on steroids. We'll be on the way to 3rd-world status with TPP.

No matter what stripe you are, you should be calling or e-mailing your representatives and OPPOSING this really bad bill. It isn't hard to do.
    But democrats *CANT* deny that it is good 100%; one of there own is doing it!! So it will be token resistance, but if they go against it, it will be "Well lets just wait til our next president!"

because the only thing that matters anymore is getting elected.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    whining about obama and cheering on the republicans. you do it in almost every thread you post in.
    So could the same be said about you and the opposite? or is that not fair?
    You're a towel.

Well I guess Obama wants the Chinese companies that make toys to be able to force the US to take on their lead-ridden crap. The TPP would allow a company to sue the US government for loss of profits and have a court decide that the customer protection legislation that prevents the sale of lead-painted toys can not be enforced. Worker protection laws? Environmental protection laws? Consumer protection laws? If they impede the generation of profit, a company can sue that government and have that law overturned.

But yeah, YAY TRADE YAY FREEDOM /sarcasm