Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    The people who watch Fox news generally don't have the IQ to comprehend something as simple as an opinion poll.

Quote Originally Posted by Calamorallo View Post
    Poll is an outlier.
    As I said in the OP, the McCain-Obama polls were heavily in favor of McCain until early 2007. We're in early 2015 and the polls have been heavily in favor of Hillary in the Hillary-Bush matchup until now.

So it might not be so much of an outlier.

Quote Originally Posted by Grummgug View Post
    As I said in the OP, the McCain-Obama polls were heavily in favor of McCain until early 2007. We're in early 2015 and the polls have been heavily in favor of Hillary in the Hillary-Bush matchup until now.

So it might not be so much of an outlier.
    Show me a trend and I'll believe it. Until then, it's an outlier (and I am -not- a Hillary supporter in any way).

Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    No child left behind?

he said that if he would have thought Iraq had WMDs, he would have invaded too (and if they didn't, he wouldn't).
    regardless he is orders of magnitude better than hillary, but then, anyone - Anyone - is.

I really can't debate people like you. Do your own research.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015...n-legacy-woes/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    The people who watch Fox news generally don't have the IQ to comprehend something as simple as an opinion poll.
    All you need to do is google "Fox News Graphs" to burst out laughing.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    All you need to do is google "Fox News Graphs" to burst out laughing.
    In a thread about a poll, how could I have ever guessed it would turn into another bash thread. I mean, we've never had one of those, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    In a thread about a poll, how could I have ever guessed it would turn into another bash thread. I mean, we've never had one of those, right?
    In all seriousness it's really funny. Such blatant mathematical abuse deserves bashing.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

10+ Year Old Account
    No child left behind?
    The program that strips money from schools that need, it to provide it to those who don't? Encouraging schools to lower standards in order to get funding?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Show me a trend and I'll believe it. Until then, it's an outlier (and I am -not- a Hillary supporter in any way).
    The trend is that candidates who have huge leads extremely early in the election cycle often falter as it gets a little closer.

Here's a whole article about it.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/05/01/up...abt=0002&abg=0

1986: Gary Hart was winning all the polls and considered as pretty much an unstoppable force to win the 1988 election.
    1990: Mario Cuomo was really the darling. Dukakis was also in there as a favorite. Bill Clinton was almost unheard of.
    2002: Al Gore led all the early polls and people thought it was a rematch. Kerry wasn't even on the radar.
    2006: Hillary had a huge lead in polling and couldn't even win the nomination.

You sound very young and uneducated about election cycles if you think polls showing Hillary losing are outliers. It would not be a shock at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    The trend is that candidates who have huge leads extremely early in the election cycle often falter as it gets a little closer.

Here's a whole article about it.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/05/01/up...abt=0002&abg=0

1986: Gary Hart was winning all the polls and considered as pretty much an unstoppable force to win the 1988 election.
    1990: Mario Cuomo was really the darling. Dukakis was also in there as a favorite. Bill Clinton was almost unheard of.
    2002: Al Gore led all the early polls and people thought it was a rematch. Kerry wasn't even on the radar.
    2006: Hillary had a huge lead in polling and couldn't even win the nomination.

You sound very young and uneducated about election cycles if you think polls showing Hillary losing are outliers. It would not be a shock at all.
    Don't forget that Mitt Romney was winning Fox Poles the day he lost.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Don't forget that Mitt Romney was winning Fox Poles the day he lost.
    So we still have a chance!!! Romney 2012!!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    So we still have a chance!!! Romney 2012!!!!
    Poling has drastically changed from the references he is using. We went from gallop to Nate Silver because the poles he is using were flawed.

Fox News #1 for Republican Bias. Taking this with a grain of salt. He's to loyal to his brothers "ideals" and supporting the war in Iraq. America will never vote this man into office if they are even remotely intelligent.
    Last edited by FeralSynapse; 2015-05-24 at 02:48 PM.

Deleted
    I don't trust pre-election polls.

On a more general note, I can't wrap my head around why so many Americans support the Republican party. Whenever I hear a Republican open his mouth, he/she either comes off as a warmonger, religious fanatic, sociopath or corporate worshipper.

The American Republican Party would give the ultra right wing party in my country a run for their money.

No child left behind?

he said that if he would have thought Iraq had WMDs, he would have invaded too (and if they didn't, he wouldn't).
    regardless he is orders of magnitude better than hillary, but then, anyone - Anyone - is.
    No Child Left Behind? Seriously, you WANT to give him credit for that? The program that basically gutted our arts from K-12 in less than a year and has turned our schools into giant standardized tests? If you wanna rethink that pick, I'll let you.

As for orders of magnitudes better - he certainly seems to be a few orders magnitude smarter than his brother - but he's also another Bush - and so far we're 2 for 2 in wars in the Middle East with Bush's. He also has a lot of backwards facing policies - abstinence only, no gay marriage, blah blah blah. Things that don't work that negatively impact economies are never a really good strategy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FeralSynapse View Post
    Fox News #1 for Right Wing Bias. Taking this with a grain of salt. He's to loyal to his brothers "ideals" and supporting the war in Iraq. America will never vote this man into office if they are even remotely intelligent.
    Remember this every time you hear 'quit bringing up Bush' when you remind people of how horrible he was.

This is more about FNC trying to push Bush in the primary than the general.

10+ Year Old Account
    The first poll showing her losing:

It actually happened.

Hillary has never lost a single general election matchup poll to any republican heading into the 2016 election. Until now!
    http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/outlier

The reason you posted this is because it's an outlier... Don't call people uneducated, you have 0 room to talk...

It actually happened.

Hillary has never lost a single general election matchup poll to any republican heading into the 2016 election. Until now!

*Snip*
    People still actually watch FOX news?
    Come forth coward and answer for your crimes!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pterodactylus View Post
    Jeb is proving that he is a terrible candidate.
    They are both terrible candidates tbh.