Page 23 of 53 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsubodia View Post
    I had to have an MRI on my knees little while back. It cost me a whole... £0

High five for the NHS (I am aware that its paid for via taxes, but that spoils my point)
    Same here, cost me like 60 euro or something. And half of that I get payed back anyway so.

Quote Originally Posted by Galluccio View Post
    We work for a school district. Last year the two insurance companies, the district used, told them the price of insurance was going up an additional 30 percent. The SPECIFIC reason they cited was because of Obama care. That price was way above their budget. They looked "forever" for an insurance company and finally found a start up company willing to raise the cost of insurance by only 5 percent.

The Results
    Our deductible is at 6,000 today. So, essentially we have NO INSURANCE.

For example: I needed an MRI for my back since I had surgery a few years ago. We are not getting that done because of the combined $1,500 cost involved.

THANK. YOU. OBAMA. CARE.

Every time we see a doctor for anything it's going to be $100 out of pocket costs.

THANK. YOU. OBAMA. CARE.

Imagine a starting teacher at $25,000 to $30,000 with a $6,000 deductible.
    Obamacare mainly affects policies on the individual market (through the exchanges). It would have no effect on this employer health insurance policy you're talking about other than through the minimum coverage requirements.

Therefore, either your plan was badly below requirements (like preventative care, caps on out-of-pocket costs) or the insurer jacked up prices, blamed Obamacare as a scapegoat, and then you bought their lie like an uninformed dupe.
    Last edited by paralleluniverse; 2015-05-27 at 12:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    How so?

If your income is low enough to qualify for medicare/medicaid, you can get coverage there. If not, you're gonna be expected to provide insurance of some evidence that you can pay for the treatment, before they'll move forward. They won't kick you out on the street, but if you need life-saving heart surgery, and are neither covered by insurance nor medicare/medicaid, and don't have the capacity to raise the money, you are not getting the surgery.

This is why the no-preexisting-conditions clauses on insurance were so problematic; you could get stuck in a position where you couldn't get insurance, at any price, and couldn't afford treatment.
    You have no idea what you are talking about, no one has ever been denied healthcare, they Hospitals simply over charged people with insurance to cover those who didn't

Quote Originally Posted by Xcal View Post
    You have no idea what you are talking about, no one has ever been denied healthcare, they Hospitals simply over charged people with insurance to cover those who didn't

Christ, you're serious aren't you?

Quote Originally Posted by NYC17 View Post

Christ, you're serious aren't you?
    As someone who is poor and needed healthcare, I am "dead" serious.

Quote Originally Posted by Xcal View Post
    As someone who is poor and needed healthcare, I am "dead" serious.
    And this somehow proves your claim that no one has ever been denied healthcare?

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Thanks for calling me a troll for no reason.

Here's 97 pages of examples you can dig through and find your own posts. There is pretty much 20 pages of you in here trying to knock Hillary for no reason other than you don't like her because shes a Democrat.
    I don't like her because she's extremely fake, has nothing to do with her being a Democrat. I don't like any of the Bush's and they're all republicans. Now you still can't name one talking point, pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by NYC17 View Post
    And this somehow proves your claim that no one has ever been denied healthcare?
    Majority of people that need healthcare get it, there is no proof the other way around. You know how many public health clinics I have been too? And when I needed surgery I walked in and got help at a Hospital. My friend who has no health insurance has had a liver transplant and open heart surgery

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    I don't like her because she's extremely fake, has nothing to do with her being a Democrat. I don't like any of the Bush's and they're all republicans. Now you still can't name one talking point, pathetic.
    That's exactly how I feel, we don't need a Bush or a Clinton in the whitehouse, we need something fresh, I am hoping a good Democrat front runner steps up

People really believe that Obamacare did not drive insurance prices up? Jesus fucking christ people are stupid.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    How so?

If your income is low enough to qualify for medicare/medicaid, you can get coverage there. If not, you're gonna be expected to provide insurance of some evidence that you can pay for the treatment, before they'll move forward. They won't kick you out on the street, but if you need life-saving heart surgery, and are neither covered by insurance nor medicare/medicaid, and don't have the capacity to raise the money, you are not getting the surgery.

This is why the no-preexisting-conditions clauses on insurance were so problematic; you could get stuck in a position where you couldn't get insurance, at any price, and couldn't afford treatment.
    This is false. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Titan2k10 View Post
    People really believe that Obamacare did not drive insurance prices up? Jesus fucking christ people are stupid.
    Younger people in their 20's and early 30's weren't carrying health insurance, mostly because they would never use it. Now that they are mandated to have it or pay a penalty how much more money do you think insurance companies are making? You would think with their new found riches prices would go down right?

Quote Originally Posted by Galluccio View Post
    We work for a school district. Last year the two insurance companies, the district used, told them the price of insurance was going up an additional 30 percent. The SPECIFIC reason they cited was because of Obama care. That price was way above their budget. They looked "forever" for an insurance company and finally found a start up company willing to raise the cost of insurance by only 5 percent.

The Results
    Our deductible is at 6,000 today. So, essentially we have NO INSURANCE.

For example: I needed an MRI for my back since I had surgery a few years ago. We are not getting that done because of the combined $1,500 cost involved.

THANK. YOU. OBAMA. CARE.

Every time we see a doctor for anything it's going to be $100 out of pocket costs.

THANK. YOU. OBAMA. CARE.

Imagine a starting teacher at $25,000 to $30,000 with a $6,000 deductible.
    So a shitty company feeds you an excuse on why they're going to gouge you even more and you eat it all up....CUZ OBAMACARE!!

News flash, greedy insurance company is greedy, hear the details tonight at 11.

- - - Updated - - -
    They are, health insurance now has to cover people with pre-existing conditions and people think prices will not magically go up, I think most people fail at basic math. Well then again, with the decline of the American education system they probably do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by paralleluniverse View Post
    Obamacare mainly affects policies on the individual market (through the exchanges). It would have no effect on this employer health insurance policy you're talking about other than through the minimum coverage requirements.

Therefore, either your plan was badly below requirements (like preventative care, caps on out-of-pocket costs) or the insurer jacked up prices, blamed Obamacare as a scapegoat, and then you bought their lie like an uninformed dupe.
    This thread can pretty much be summed up as it is above.

Quote Originally Posted by Nahmee View Post
    This thread can pretty much be summed up as it is above.
    He's wrong, plans have to cover children until they are 26. And some people wanted low coverage for low payments they just wanted for when something major happened. Obama lied when he said people could keep their current plans, as many where canceled as was forced to pay for more coverage than they wanted

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Welcome to the world that the rest of us have been in for 15 years now. I'm sorry to hear that you have been isolated and have had awesome insurance during that time, but I've had a deductible that high for a decade now working in private industry. Guess what else has been happening during those past 15 years? My premium kept going up most years by 10% or more.

The blaming of Obamacare is just an industry excuse to increase profits. They used to blame doctor lawsuits on the rise of costs until it was proven that the lawsuits in both frequency and payout were actually going down.

Just because you are gullible to corporate PR doesn't mean that is it the truth of the matter. In most states that embraced Obamacare fully (i.e. set up the state exchanges), there has been little to no rise in costs (in fact, some have actually seen their costs go down). In most states that refused to set up the state exchanges, the insurance companies have faced no real increases in competition so their prices are continuing to go up at a rapid clip. What actually happened to you is that the district you are in made a deal to be put on the same commercial contract as private companies have been dealing with for over a decade now. I will bet a large sum of money that your district is largely composed of Republicans or "Independents" that are actually Republicans (I live in a county that is run by those types and have been pulling the same stunts).

Take the time to educate yourself (since you work for a school district) before accepting the scapegoat answers the corporation wants you to swallow.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Younger people in their 20's and early 30's weren't carrying health insurance, mostly because they would never use it. Now that they are mandated to have it or pay a penalty how much more money do you think insurance companies are making? You would think with their new found riches prices would go down right?
    What a convenient dismissal of the new requirements that policies must now meet which in turn equate to large price increases. How flawed of you.

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    Welcome to the world that the rest of us have been in for 15 years now. I'm sorry to hear that you have been isolated and have had awesome insurance during that time, but I've had a deductible that high for a decade now working in private industry. Guess what else has been happening during those past 15 years? My premium kept going up most years by 10% or more.

The blaming of Obamacare is just an industry excuse to increase profits. They used to blame doctor lawsuits on the rise of costs until it was proven that the lawsuits in both frequency and payout were actually going down.

Just because you are gullible to corporate PR doesn't mean that is it the truth of the matter. In most states that embraced Obamacare fully (i.e. set up the state exchanges), there has been little to no rise in costs (in fact, some have actually seen their costs go down). In most states that refused to set up the state exchanges, the insurance companies have faced no real increases in competition so their prices are continuing to go up at a rapid clip. What actually happened to you is that the district you are in made a deal to be put on the same commercial contract as private companies have been dealing with for over a decade now. I will bet a large sum of money that your district is largely composed of Republicans or "Independents" that are actually Republicans (I live in a county that is run by those types and have been pulling the same stunts).

Take the time to educate yourself (since you work for a school district) before accepting the scapegoat answers the corporation wants you to swallow.
    Perhaps you should take your own advice, you don't think forcing people to buy a product wouldn't make the person who owns the product jack up the price more?!

10+ Year Old Account
    What a convenient dismissal of the new requirements that policies must now meet which in turn equate to large price increases. How flawed of you.
    If we're going to have an honest discussion we should realize that prices have been increasing long before the ACA came into existence. There needs to be a better plan than repeal Obamacare because

1) it's not going to happen.
    2) it doesn't actually fix any of the problems with US health care

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Your sample size is lack luster. The number of people nationwide without insurance has plummeted.
    Yes, because of the Medicaid expansions.

They should just call it the Medicaid expansion act and be done with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    They should just call it the Medicaid expansion act and be done with it.
    The "keep government out of medicare" folk would have gone nuts. Well... more nuts.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-