Page 53 of 53 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Only "plan" I recall the Republicans putting forward was that poor people should just die when they got sick. This was met with applause at the debates. Or do you mean their "plan" after the ACA was passed, which was to keep all the parts people like but get rid of the parts that paid for everything?
    Pledge to America:
    http://pledge.gop.gov/resources/libr...to-america.pdf

The healthcare part of it:
    http://khn.org/news/text-republican-...care-document/
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    So the later one. Keep everything people like, don't pay for it, ban abortion. Got it.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    Which never happened before the PPACA, right?

/s
    They were much smaller increases before the ACA. They werent 64% to 146% per year they are asking to do this year.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/theapoth...ums-by-64-146/

In addition when they were pushing the bill through Congress, they promised it would be more AFFORDABLE, not more expensive. Its only affordable for people who had preexisting conditions, and poor people who are getting handouts from the government to buy it. Everyone else got screwed

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    They were much smaller increases before the ACA. They werent 64% to 146% per year they are asking to do this year.

In addition when they were pushing the bill through Congress, they promised it would be more AFFORDABLE, not more expensive. Its only affordable for people who had preexisting conditions, and poor people who are getting handouts from the government to buy it. Everyone else got screwed
    You should just stop. You're really starting to lose your novelty.

10+ Year Old Account
    So the later one. Keep everything people like, don't pay for it, ban abortion. Got it.
    Yep, that's the summery I came away with as well. We will keep the provisions that increase risk for insurance and remove everything aimed at mitigating cost as a result of increased risk.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post

Did you read the 6 updates? Including this gem:

For an extensive discussion of Obamacare’s costly insurance mandates, such as its requirement that plans cover you whether you’re healthy or sick
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Orlong is Obama
    Lol i was about to say he sounds more and more like "G-Man" on youtube what with all the pro slavery and all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    I don't see what that has to do with anything.
    of course you don't didactic.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    Because what California thinks is best is often much different than what Wyoming thinks is best.
    Im still amazed that America claims to be THE best country in the world and YET you have different laws all over the country. its just weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Deianeira View Post
    Im still amazed that America claims to be THE best country in the world and YET you have different laws all over the country. its just weird.
    Our legislative A.D.D. is what makes us so damn awesome!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deianeira View Post
    Don't pretend that U.S. is unique when it comes to nationalism. Visit the Russia thread to see plenty claim how Russia is the best and the west is attacking...

10+ Year Old Account
    I've always like when they always say "purchase health insurance across state lines". Because if I can somehow purchase a plan from some small insurance company in Kentucky, i'll be inside their network? Or at least the doctors in NJ will?

Gotta love the senseless Repubicans....

The last Republican president did everything in his power to circumvent civil liberties, let white-collar crime run amuck, and start a war with a country that sent us into debt beyond proportion.

Yet Obamacare is the problem.

Maybe if we didn't spend money on that Iraq war, Obamacare wouldn't even been a hit on the budget. But instead, we are left with the ruins the Republicans left us...