Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by brighteyes960 View Post
    I respectfully disagree, without lfr I never would've progressed on to doing mythic raids, raiding was always this super daunting thing and PuG mentalities did not aid in this. Having never tried raiding properly I was apprehensive about joining a raiding guild because the few experiences I had in a pug were dreadful, pressure-filled and altogether unpleasant. At the same time I wanted to see those grand kind of battles where we all take down a monolithic foe. With lfr I was able to take my first steps into the encounter in a much more relaxed manner, and get a broad picture of how the encounters played out better than watching videos or reading dungeon journal. So when I finally tried some Pugs again I knew the encounter and how to apply the knowledge of videos and dungeon journals and just felt a lot more comfortable just being in the instance itself. Flash forward to WoD and I'm blazing through day 1 when the raids open, without that initial confidence boost from LFR I probably never would have touched raiding again. I also actually enjoy just trying out new strategies and talent setups in lfr rather than wasting raid hours. I've never understood why people who don't use lfr complain about it though, the people who do it are getting pretty shit gear that looks all round terrible in WoD and I don't think it destroys any fantasy of the bosses being powerful because by the time all the wings come out most of us have finished the normal and heroic encounters about 3-4 times. So I guess I'm just wondering how you think its absence will improve your gameplay experience?
    Huh, guess I never really thought about it that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Difuid View Post
    That would be so cheap and the easiest way.
    that's how you know it's the choice blizzard will make.

That "BAMF" on the belt is so cliche...

Quote Originally Posted by Choloz View Post
    Instead of mindlessly calling his opinions wrong, be more constructive? A lot of features in this game are relative, and just because they exist to satisfy a player-base doesn't mean they're good for the game in the long run. Honestly, I trust Blizzard more now than I did 5 years ago. They tried a lot of things that they weren't sure about, some of it worked and some of it didn't. They actually have some statistically significant data to work off of, and I'm sure they're trying to put out a solid product. This is Blizzard we're talking about, they don't put out ****.

Anyway, personally I feel like LFR needs to go. A lot of casual players might not agree or have a different opinion, but that's just how I feel. It's hard for me to have an unbiased opinion on this though, as I raid mythics. I prefer to be competitive. I've never met/played with someone who enjoyed LFR. It teaches you nothing and you're not working for the gear you get so there's really no satisfaction from it. You can see the story doing normal mode in slightly more time, with a little bit more work, and with significantly more satisfaction. But that's the point of the game. This isn't a TV-show where you just sit back and watch things happen... which is more or less what LFR is.

Apex crystals are cancer. They're completely trivial and the grind for them is ridiculous. You kill mobs and hand in one quest. It's a lazy way of getting people gear and it isn't engaging at all. Dailies, dungeons, craftables were all much more engaging than whatever Apex is supposed to be.

I feel as though randomized gear is one of the best things they've added to raiding in a long time. Having to settle for one item because it is always the best item you can get makes gearing incredibly boring. A lot of raiders get full max ilvl gear within a month of raiding and the moment they finish progression they have nothing to do for however many months. Again, the level of gear you have on average will be the same as everyone else just because that's how RNG works. All it does is add a continually rewarding level to gearing that doesn't effect progression in a significant way. Reforging was clunky and incredibly inconvenient. You got one piece of gear and then you had to redo your entire reforge, sometimes the upgrade wasn't even an upgrade because of how stats didn't line up. It required addons to min-max with and added nothing to the game aside from having to do some trivial math.

And as far as flying goes, I don't care either way. It was convenient, but also relative. They can improve other aspects of the game to bring back convenience without you flying over all the content. They put a lot of work into the environment and want you to become emerged in it... not fly over it and ignore it for the most part.

There are always improvements that can be made, and coding/development isn't as easy as just doing what everyone wants. Blizzard fell into this trap of giving people what they wanted when they wanted it, and now it's sort've biting them in the ass. Enjoy the game for what it is, because I feel like a lot of people are just stuck on hating on aspects they don't like.
    this make me sad..

the last white knight can not see the true..

persons of this are one of the reasons why wow has begun so shitty..

PLS BLIZZ DONT HEAR ANYMORE TO THIS FUCKING IDIOTS!

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2015-05-26 at 07:08 PM.

Blizzard made a poor choice to leave Flying out of WOD. It doesn't have to be in every zone but 2-3 flying zones should be in every expansion and the design should focus on different things. That way players get MORE variety of content that is always better.

I absolutely loved BC for flying. Not because it made things easier... but because it opened up new content when you got to max level. You got to places you couldn't before and that was exiting and fun.

To me - BLizzard is to blame for not making content that makes flying exciting and fun in WOD. Thats why they have no reason to add it now. And for that they should be reminded how poor choice they made from the start of designing the expansion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kon01 View Post
    They haven't said that 6.2 will be the final raid, unless I missed something.
    Pretty sure they will add 2 boss raid at some point to make it look like there is shorter gap between last "raid" and next expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duster505 View Post
    I absolutely loved BC for flying. Not because it made things easier... but because it opened up new content when you got to max level. You got to places you couldn't before and that was exiting and fun.
    The irony is, in TBC flying was actually required to get into some dungeons and raids. And now the new lead designer wants to remove it entirely.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomana View Post
    The irony is, in TBC flying was actually required to get into some dungeons and raids. And now the new lead designer wants to remove it entirely.
    Not adding flying going forwards isn't the same as removing flying from the game.

We'll be able to fly in old content. They might even let us fly in Draenor after the next expansion launches. We should just be prepared to not be able to fly in new expansions while they are current.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seja Victrix View Post
    Not adding flying going forwards isn't the same as removing flying from the game.
    Let's not escape into semantics. You used to be able to fly at max level, and now you can't, for reasons that are absolutely silly.

We'll be able to fly in old content. They might even let us fly in Draenor after the next expansion launches. We should just be prepared to not be able to fly in new expansions while they are current.
    This will be even more pants-on-head stupid, frankly. And in my opinion, downright insulting.
    Then again, Ion is an ex-lawyer, so he probably already has a significant experience in screwing over his customers.
    MMO player

Kudos to ghostcrawler. Like most of the adults here - we realize the devs make the game, not the kiddies that don't have the patience to even travel around the world.

Cod on Xbox live sounds more up your alley than any mmorpg. And I say that loosely. This is barely an mmorpg so unless you plan to give up the genre, expect any real titles to be too hard and time consuming for you.

First they came for the abilities, and I did not speak out—
    Because I was told it was bloat.

Then they came for the content, and I did not speak out—
    Because I thought there would still be things to do.

Then they came for the flying, and I did not speak out—
    Because I was in my garrison.

Then they came for the games future—and there was no future left for anyone to care for.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by klepp0906 View Post
    Kudos to ghostcrawler. Like most of the adults here - we realize the devs make the game, not the kiddies that don't have the patience to even travel around the world.
    You do realize that Ghostcrawler is no longer the game designer, right?
    And while he had the job, well, we actually had flying.
    MMO player

Quote Originally Posted by Kurgath View Post
    Not to defend Blizzard or anything, but even a hundred loud posters on the forums are nothing compared to the whole playerbase. Perfect example is Wildstar. So many many many loud people on the forums who wanted hard raids, 40 man etc etc. and what exactly did that bring? A complete failure.

Forums never ever ever mean real feedback simply because it's a video game. People who enjoy it, play it. And millions of people seems to enjoy it since they pay for the subscription.

So you have millions of paying customers and maybe 100 players who whine on the forums?
    Forums have <a small value>% real value for a game developer since there is so much noise.
    It still doesn't mean that players dictate the game's future. Haters will keep hating and players will come and go.

PVP has never worked well in WoW. Since it's now F2P with Garrison missions (I make 40k a week with 6 L100 Garrisons), you can spend your money on GuildWars or something.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Duster505 View Post
    It doesn't have to be in every zone but 2-3 flying zones should be in every expansion and the design should focus on different things. That way players get MORE variety of content that is always better.
    If you give this specific feedback to Blizzard I will support you 200%. The rest of is just QQ.

I feel like him saying that the decision wasn't made long ago and that they were not ignoring feedback just disagreeing with it are conflicting statements. Its like they were like "Okay no flying unless people really want it, and by that we mean even if people really want it back they are wrong and we will just keep it out."

Quote Originally Posted by Tread View Post
    So let me get this straight, a few devs disagree with loads of feedback from THOUNSANDS of players? For me it's the same thing as ignoring. If thousands of people think there are multiple things wrong with this game, then maybe it's time to pull your head out of your ass and actually start listening what players want and not few devs in the office think?
    "THOUSANDS" (lets say 2000) of players thinking something is wrong with the game is only approx .02% of the 7000000 subscribers (approx) which is really not that many at all.

if 7 million people play this game, I would have thought the Dev's are pretty good at what they do. and maybe THOUSANDS of players are playing the wrong game.

Quote Originally Posted by Boogums View Post
    I'd rather listen to a few friends and true professionals than thousands of idiots.
    This. A million times this.

Quote Originally Posted by GAFFiO View Post
    "THOUSANDS" (lets say 2000) of players thinking something is wrong with the game is only approx .02% of the 7000000 subscribers (approx) which is really not that many at all.

if 7 million people play this game, I would have thought the Dev's are pretty good at what they do. and maybe THOUSANDS of players are playing the wrong game.
    You're Guessing numbers, and taking if for granted, and then boasting up how ingenious you are.

Show me something more solid than that. Because 3 million leaving the game, and the perspective of it doubling with this deal-breaking, are well more solid than you guessing game.

Deleted

This comment is beyond stupid. This is exactly the same as removing flying entirely. Old content is old content because it's old. Allowing to fly there means nothing for current character progression and quality of life.

Quote Originally Posted by Roest View Post
    This comment is beyond stupid. This is exactly the same as removing flying entirely. Old content is old content because it's old. Allowing to fly there means nothing for current character progression and quality of life.
    Therefore flying should be removed completely including old world zones. Here, your problem is fixed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by brighteyes960 View Post
    I respectfully disagree, without lfr I never would've progressed on to doing mythic raids, raiding was always this super daunting thing and PuG mentalities did not aid in this. Having never tried raiding properly I was apprehensive about joining a raiding guild because the few experiences I had in a pug were dreadful, pressure-filled and altogether unpleasant. At the same time I wanted to see those grand kind of battles where we all take down a monolithic foe. With lfr I was able to take my first steps into the encounter in a much more relaxed manner, and get a broad picture of how the encounters played out better than watching videos or reading dungeon journal. So when I finally tried some Pugs again I knew the encounter and how to apply the knowledge of videos and dungeon journals and just felt a lot more comfortable just being in the instance itself. Flash forward to WoD and I'm blazing through day 1 when the raids open, without that initial confidence boost from LFR I probably never would have touched raiding again. I also actually enjoy just trying out new strategies and talent setups in lfr rather than wasting raid hours. I've never understood why people who don't use lfr complain about it though, the people who do it are getting pretty shit gear that looks all round terrible in WoD and I don't think it destroys any fantasy of the bosses being powerful because by the time all the wings come out most of us have finished the normal and heroic encounters about 3-4 times. So I guess I'm just wondering how you think its absence will improve your gameplay experience?
    The idea here is that far more new players enter LFR and go "huh, so that faceroll is what raiding is? Ok, seen the content, time to unsub". If that is true or not is hard to say as all we have to go on are gut feelings and anecdotal stories from both sides of the argument.

I love the comment from blizzaard about being ignored is not the same as being disagreed with.

In blizzards case that is simple not true. They disagreed with flying since the start and strung gamers along the whole time with it might return. However you can bet since the decision was made to keep flying gone so long Any comments on flying coming back were indeed ignored. Ignored and disagreed with being the same in this case.

When you've made a decision such as this, disagreed with gamers but wouldn't come straight out and say it, blizzard pretty much ignored any comment on wanting it flying returned.

i makes me a little sick to my stomach to know blizzard is going to release another mount into the cash shop.