Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    K2.

Now you know.
    I'm so late to the party :P I was going through every comment to see if someone had answered.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Afrospinach View Post
    Do you want to know who did daylight bombing raids to minimise civilian casualties? The US. It was considered to be a logistically unsustainable tactic because it was good at three things: Hitting the target, losing planes and losing pilots.
    So, in addition to killing enemy civilians they sacrificed their own pilots. And that makes it better/moral how exactly?
    This widespread bombing was pragmatic not evil.
    You could say that about atomic bombs and death camps, too. And that is just bullshit.
    They had no other option
    Yes they did. There is always another option.
    and the US did a good job of proving that when they came here to show the Brits how it was done with their fancy super accurate high tech bombers.
    That is true.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    So, in addition to killing enemy civilians they sacrificed their own pilots. And that makes it better/moral how exactly?
    Somehow I don't think the point sunk in, if they had continued using that tactic the USAAF may have been defeated before d day. Moral victory? The top man in charge of those shenanigans had to be removed and replaced with Jimmy Dolittle who can be seen saying "If the war is over, I will not risk one airplane nor a single bomber crew member just to be able to say the 8th Air Force had operated against the Japanese in the Pacific"

Sounds like a pretty reasonable man to me, I am not really sure why your view of this situation is so warped.

You know this was happening at a different point in the war, before they dropped the A-bomb? Before that they were anti collateral damage to their own detriment. I think that should speak volumes, quite the opposite of making them evil or amoral.

You also have to respect that the British were at some points DAYS away form surrender. I bet if that happened people would have just wished they had bombed more civilians if it helped, because that would have consolidated Germany's position in western Europe which would have been bad for just about everybody.

15+ Year Old Account
    Somehow I don't think the point sunk in, if they had continued using that tactic the USAAF may have been defeated before d day. Moral victory? The top man in charge of those shenanigans had to be removed and replaced with Jimmy Dolittle who can be seen saying "If the war is over, I will not risk one airplane nor a single bomber crew member just to be able to say the 8th Air Force had operated against the Japanese in the Pacific"

Sounds like a pretty reasonable man to me, I am not really sure why your view of this situation is so warped.

You know this was happening at a different point in the war, before they dropped the A-bomb? Before that they were anti collateral damage to their own detriment. I think that should speak volumes, quite the opposite of making them evil or amoral.

You also have to respect that the British were at some points DAYS away form surrender. I bet if that happened people would have just wished they had bombed more civilians if it helped, because that would have consolidated Germany's position in western Europe which would have been bad for just about everybody.
    None of what you said had anything to do with the issue here. The motivations and reasoning behind such actions are irrelevant. Everyone has their reasons, even the Nazis had solid reasoning behind their genocide and Lebensraum-warfare.

So what? The atrocities committed by all sides should underline the fact that there were no good guys in that war. British did horrible things, US did horrible things, Germany did horrible things etc.... it was war, and war is hell.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    None of what you said had anything to do with the issue here. The motivations and reasoning behind such actions are irrelevant. Everyone has their reasons, even the Nazis had solid reasoning behind their genocide and Lebensraum-warfare.

So what? The atrocities committed by all sides should underline the fact that there were no good guys in that war. British did horrible things, US did horrible things, Germany did horrible things etc.... it was war, and war is hell.
    We will just have to agree to disagree because being motivated by self defence and liberation vs global conquest most certainly made the allies the good guys.

15+ Year Old Account
    We will just have to agree to disagree because being motivated by self defence and liberation vs global conquest most certainly made the allies the good guys.
    But global conquest is just a mean of self defense. See, there is that flaw in your thinking.

Global conquest was what USSR was doing anyway, too, and they were part of allies.

You should take those stars and stripes- coloured glasses off and look it objectively.

10+ Year Old Account
    lurking in the bushes outside of your window.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    I notice that people in general just gloss over and handwave the great war. It baffles me.

WWI is a textbook example of what happens when institutions are on their last leg and enter the anger stage of greif; what happens when keeping it real goes wrong (keeping your own interest in mind)

It showed the world how disposable life can be when it comes to said interests. It showed the world how human suffering can be wrought for the shittiest of reasons.
    over a hundred years ago, no one alive today was alive then. WWII is still so known because of the aftermath, hell greece is still bringing it up for reparations.