First time player (kinda)

So, like most on many forums dealing with FFXIV, I'm a new player. Well, I'm relatively new considering how long it's been since I played the game. I haven't played since the release of the game. I played in beta and got to around 35 before quitting because I lacked any friends to enjoy the game with. I am now looking for a server with a good population, friendly guilds, etc to start anew on. I've thought about waiting it out for something like Gilgamesh. However, if I can get friends to come and join me in this game later. I don't want to tell them they have to log in and create a character at a weird hour of the morning/night just to play with me. I'm also a East Coast NA player. With this in mind, what would you recommend as a place where I can begin my new journey?

10+ Year Old Account
    Having to create a character at a weird time on gilgamesh or balmung is absolutely worth it in the long run. There will always be players online and because the servers are locked that means less gold spammers can create characters to spam you with.

Getting online early in the morning or super late in the evening to create a character on a high population server are totally worth it in the long run for the reason Arkenaw already said... you won't regret it.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Getting online early in the morning or super late in the evening to create a character on a high population server are totally worth it in the long run for the reason Arkenaw already said... you won't regret it.
    this.
    same as Ragnarok....

10+ Year Old Account
    I am on adamantoise we have a nice community and alot of friendly players and fcs for all playstyles..And no weird hours lol.

Also most i I kniw are on east coast