PJ’s Story (Gurthough)

Please post thoughts and well wishes for PJ. A few days ago he had Renal failure and is having trouble battling infection. As I receive them, I will update in the comments.

PJ was diagnosed with Crohn's Disease in the fall of 2010, after having gastric bypass surgery in August of 2010, to remove a large mass in his stomach. Since then, PJ has had multiple complications, including liver issues and biliary constriction, which have caused infections, and internal abscesses. In October of last year, we were told that PJ needed to be seen at the Mayo Clinic, because they are the top research facility for Crohn's patients who's disease is not controlled well.

In January of this year PJ began his first visit to the Mayo Clinic, which lasted three weeks! After many tests, MRI's, x-rays, ultrasounds and procedures, the doctors here have assured us that they will be able to help PJ to get the Crohn's under control, and start the healing process.

At this time he is experiencing a lot of complications. PJ has been an avid WoW player for many years, he has actually maintained raiding from a hospital bed twice a week with us. If that isn't hardcore I don't know what is. PJ is one of my best and oldest friends, in fact he is the only reason I came back to this game to lead our guild and raids. We have no way of hanging out anymore do to him having to relocate for treatment.

This game means a lot to PJ, so I know that if he comes around to see members of the community supporting and sharing some love, it would mean a lot to him. If I'm posting this in an inappropriate spot, please move it to where it needs to go.

Fight on PJ.