Poll: What would you give up?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    Taste wouldn't even be that bad to lose. No longer have to spend money on good tasting food, just eat solely for the purpose of nutrients.

Smell dictates a lot of taste so really you have the same option up there twice. For example my father has lost 99% of his ability to smell from diabetes and he can't taste anything unless it's spiced to all hell.

Deleted
    I would give up my sense of taste. You'd might would have to be a bit more careful when it comes to food, but otherwise, it would definitely be a lesser evil than all the other ones.
    Smell would probably my second choice.

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'd most definitely choose losing my sense of smell.

I like food too much to get rid of taste :P

I'm stuck between taste and smell. I use taste a lot for cooking... and I don't particularly use my sense of smell. It's really not even all that great... so I'd end up parting with smell. Most smells bug me anyway... like candle aisles, the Yankee Candle store, people who wear too much perfume/cologne... etc :/ I'd be headacheless that's for sure!

Hearing would be the last thing I give up, followed by eyesight. Definitely use both of those :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Felicia View Post
    Hearing would be the last thing I give up, followed by eyesight. Definitely use both of those :P
    I think losing eyesight and limbs would be the worst. Hearing would be really bad as well, but better than those.

Give up smell, I got to go in houses that reek of piss very often, it would help

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, taste. Losing arms/legs would take away so much from my life, same with eyesight and hearing. And between smell and taste, I'd rather have smell. I like cooking and eating good food, but experiencing the world around me seems a lot more important.

I think the two would have to go together though, but I'd still rather lose taste and smell than anything else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Legs, can't use them anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Personally eating is such a all-senses-experience to me. I love the smell, the taste, the texture, the right temperature, the way the food is laid out... Ohh god I couldn't live with losing any sense used in enjoying a good meal.
    Agreed. However, I'd argue that taste is the least important sense.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Smell. Its nice, but not essential.

10+ Year Old Account
    Legs, they've caused me nothing but grief anyways.

hmm... i'd put sight up on teh chopping block. touch, smell and hearing are too important imo. Taste is cause I want to keep enjoying things like good food, and I know I'd like to keep a functional physical form for the most part....

i'd have to undergo Daredevil training though

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Bye, nosepowers! (they never worked well anyways, at least for me)

I can taste the air with my tongue.

I have a profound hate for public bathrooms because of this.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are actually people who would give up something other than their smell or nose? Wow, I guess I could understand legs if they are currently useless to you now ~_~
    Last edited by Forgottenone; 2015-05-26 at 03:26 AM.

Don't really need smell. But if not that legs. I would get some sweet prosthetics and be bionic and shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    No she shouldn't be removed she is an elected official and hasn't broken any laws just hurt some people's feelings.

I voted for sense of smell, but I feel like being without sense of taste would be better. There's a ton of foods that taste like shit, but are good for you, for example prune juice, and cranberries. However, losing your sense of smell could be bad. If there was a fire in your house in the middle of night, you might be screwed if your fire alarms don't go off, and you can't smell the smoke. Or what if your dog or cat took a shit under the dining room table, and you couldn't smell it, then you would have a real mess after that soaked into the carpet.

10+ Year Old Account
    sense of smell. it's more annoying than useful most of the time.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

I'd give up my sight, I think the difficulty it would bring to most things would make those things much more enjoyable. Plus it would be big enough change to force me to change my life for the better.
    Last edited by Jpp; 2015-05-26 at 05:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Could very well be. I wonder if there is some drug that can make you lose your sense of taste for some time... Now I'm interested in how eating would feel like without taste.
    Mostly you'd lose sweet sour savory salty and bitter. You'd still experience flavor through smell, just wouldn't know if I over-salted your food, or over-dressed your salad (Or the opposite).

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.