Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombina View Post
    Really good against teams with little acess to CC, but Anub is on free rotation and is also a top tier pick anyway along with kaelthas/Muradin who will all be able to interrupt you drinking so there's a lot of anti-Chen heroes in the meta; this makes it really easy to counterpick your team and still have access to a strong, safe tier 1 pick if you choose Chen. So I wouldn't say that I personally think Chen is bad, but it's just a bad situation to be in when a lot of the best heroes available can easily counter him.

And I agree with you about heroes who only 'come alive' when they hit certain talents, imo it would be better to have the first two talent tiers be the strongest/most spec defining so that certain heroes don't play as dead-weight until they can reach level 16.
    To be honest some heroes having stronger early game and others having stronger late game is fine, but in case of Chen you don't really get a power spike at any level anymore, while before you got one pretty much every level tier. The end result is that before he was one of the best tanks in the game and now he's the worst besides Arthas.

7+ Year Old Account
    Power spike for chen is 40% increase shield, and lower power spike is the lvl 7 talent speed/20 regen. is a ton at that lvl.

My best win/loss is with chen in ranked (41-12) - but for a very important reason - i only pick when other team has very low cc.

You become unkillable once you get the 40% talent for the most part and you can support huge pushes early game to devastating effect.

He my favorite tank for sure but he is definitely niche - Just gotta be smart when picking, you can play him versus some cc - like a SOLE diablo or sole etc for example. because if they use their interrupts on you then ideally your team is not interrupted and will wreck them while you scramble away. I do hope he is buffed somehow though I would like to play him regularly.

edit- his master skin is one of my favorites as well, the cool glaive weapon and good colors.

Quote Originally Posted by mrpopos10 View Post
    Power spike for chen is 40% increase shield, and lower power spike is the lvl 7 talent speed/20 regen. is a ton at that lvl.

My best win/loss is with chen in ranked (41-12) - but for a very important reason - i only pick when other team has very low cc.

You become unkillable once you get the 40% talent for the most part and you can support huge pushes early game to devastating effect.

He my favorite tank for sure but he is definitely niche - Just gotta be smart when picking, you can play him versus some cc - like a SOLE diablo or sole etc for example. because if they use their interrupts on you then ideally your team is not interrupted and will wreck them while you scramble away. I do hope he is buffed somehow though I would like to play him regularly.

edit- his master skin is one of my favorites as well, the cool glaive weapon and good colors.
    To be honest, 40% increased shields is not comparable to the power spikes most heroes get at 16. Brewmaster's Balance is nice but it's not a real power spike imho, definitely one of the better talents though, although that says more about how meh the other ones are.

Coming from a Master Chen Skin player...

He's bottom middle of the Warrior totem pole.

Muradin, Diablo, ETC, and Anub'arak can do what he does and generally better as well.

He has no threatening presence except chasing and dueling, and while you can and will get interrupted drinking, most teams will figure out that a Chen drinking is a Chen doing nothing and will go after your team instead, saving CC for them.

He has no disruption outside of an Ult with a lengthy cooldown, and is used primarily for defense or ballsy teamsplitting, and it leaves him vulnerable, and his other ult is terrible for anything other than defensive cooldown or the odd bodyblocking.

Pressure Point used to be the bane of damage dealers with escape abilities, and despite the nerf, really almost can't live without it. The fact that you give up Combination Attack, even in it's neutered form, contributes to his lack of threatening presence.

People keep saying Chen should be able to drink while walking, but that does not address the true issues he's facing; he needs to be a threat, or disruptive enough for the enemy team to burn CC's on him, and he needs some protection against said CC's other than Relentless. Not complete, but enough to force the team to CC him despite the consequence.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Yeah, I feel like Chen boils down to "I lived! But so what?".

Maybe if they buffed the Breath of Fire dot a lot it would help. At least it'd tick while you drink. At the moment it's fairly trivial vs heroes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yep I've given him some play in the last few days and I'm not terribly thrilled. He needs a damage boost at the very least - once you're in lategame you're basically immortal but no-one cares because he is not threatening in the slightest.

Though it is fun to act as a pseudo-Sylvanas and stand in front of keeps/towers draining their ammo.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    Yep I've given him some play in the last few days and I'm not terribly thrilled. He needs a damage boost at the very least - once you're in lategame you're basically immortal but no-one cares because he is not threatening in the slightest.

Though it is fun to act as a pseudo-Sylvanas and stand in front of keeps/towers draining their ammo.
    Or time a PP kick just as they're trying to move out of range of a tower... so mean...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Aaaand we can add Johanna to the "Can Do Everything Chen Can Do Only Better," list.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    Aaaand we can add Johanna to the "Can Do Everything Chen Can Do Only Better," list.
    I'd take Chen over Johanna tbh. Chen has mobility and his damage is more than just tickling, even though his damage is still bad.