10+ Year Old Account

Would you take a 13 dps loss for 3% avoidance?

I don't know how accurate AMR is, but it says I lose 13ish dps from using the new trinket, but the new trinket has 3.6% avoidance on it. Would you use the new trinket?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    I don't know how accurate AMR is, but it says I lose 13ish dps from using the new trinket, but the new trinket has 3.6% avoidance on it. Would you use the new trinket?
    13 dps is easily within the error margin, so yes, i'd probably grab the one with avoidance.
    Try simming with SimC as well though, same as you, no clue how accurate AMR is.

15+ Year Old Account
    13dps out of what...40,000?, 13dps loss is around 0.02%

If u need to ask, then u should just stop, just stop
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    13dps out of what...40,000?, 13dps loss is around 0.02%

If u need to ask, then u should just stop, just stop
    Thats just what AMR says. No idea if it means 13 actual dps or what.

No. If it was 14 I'd think about it, but 13 no.

I'd look more at the TMI of it than the avoidance gain, and AMR can't help you there like SimC can. If it's a TMI gain over something you've got then losing 13 DPS is totally fine.

Do keep in mind we don't care as much about avoidance compared to steady and reliable damage mitigation like higher SotR uptime, more mastery, more versatility, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Noodles and chocolate milk is the breakfast of Champions.
    Super Brony Friendfinder

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackielope View Post
    I'd look more at the TMI of it than the avoidance gain, and AMR can't help you there like SimC can. If it's a TMI gain over something you've got then losing 13 DPS is totally fine.

Do keep in mind we don't care as much about avoidance compared to steady and reliable damage mitigation like higher SotR uptime, more mastery, more versatility, etc.
    Im ret. Still could save my life in a raid?

10+ Year Old Account
    As a ret, stay out of fire and yell at healers to heal more. You dont CARE bout avoidance/survivability outside of skills at ALL.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Deleted
    Avoidance is an absurdly overpowered stat with no diminishing returns, and anyone who tells you otherwise hasn't been paying attention. I've got a gearset that has TWO pieces with it, and it gives me 11% passive DR.

It's hella OP during progression on actually difficult bosses with massive raid damage like Blast Furnace and Blackhand. If nothing else, keep it around for fights like that.

Which trinkets do you have?

Vial & Horn for ret unless your other trinket is a Forgemaster's that's significantly higher ilevel and/or has socket.

Before that Scabbard all day long.

Quote Originally Posted by PraisetheSun View Post
    Avoidance is an absurdly overpowered stat with no diminishing returns, and anyone who tells you otherwise hasn't been paying attention. I've got a gearset that has TWO pieces with it, and it gives me 11% passive DR.

It's hella OP during progression on actually difficult bosses with massive raid damage like Blast Furnace and Blackhand. If nothing else, keep it around for fights like that.
    Avoidance only reduces dmg from aoe dmg. Versatility is the one that reduces all dmg.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    As a ret, stay out of fire and yell at healers to heal more. You dont CARE bout avoidance/survivability outside of skills at ALL.
    rookie mistake, dead people do no damage

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    Avoidance only reduces dmg from aoe dmg. Versatility is the one that reduces all dmg.
    Unavoidable AoE damage is what kills you. You don't stand in the other shit unless you're a terrible player. 10% passive DR on shit like Blast and Massive Demolition is literally the difference between dying every other pull and reliably surviving shit like that during cutting-edge progress.

Avoidance is a good fucking stat. If you have to choose between, say, Flamebender weapon and a Blast Furnace weapon of the same iLvl, but with Avoidance, I'd take the Blast Furnace weapon in a progress scenario every single time.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...erpally/simple Yes I know im just a noob with crap gear. I dont really do anything but lfr. I think im going to try to get normal mode cleared before 6.2 though.

Ah, that kind of avoidance.

Yeah, taking 3% or so less damage from various things at the cost of only 13 is worthwhile. Your healers will like you a bit more for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Noodles and chocolate milk is the breakfast of Champions.
    Super Brony Friendfinder

Buy a scabbard and macro it with avenging wrath, use till heroic or better vial from maidens.
    https://theunderminejournal.com/#us/...ei/item/118882

.. or still use it like me because vial does not exist.