Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Aren't dreadlords supposed to be pale?

Wahaha loving the no flying and the flying fanboys raging.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Novellen View Post
    "I never take a piece of feedback lightly. Every Voice Matters."

I have already bought a vacuum cleaner Mr. Salesman! Next time try harder!

My girlfriend have just cancelled his account, she said: "no fly, no money for your shareholders!".

Maybe you, mindless Blizzard fan boys love when they remove a good feature from the game but people with sense just let this game shrinks alone. My realm is so empty 3/10 Mythic kill is the progress and here comes 6.2. AH is dead there are only 10-20 tabs of stuff everyday...
    So someone who disagrees with you are automatically a fanboy? Is this yet another one of the "Only my way is the correct one" entitled scrubs who are decimating gaming as a whole these days?

10+ Year Old Account
    Even demons get new models before Druid Moonkin form does.

Imo what Blizzard fail to take into consideration is how different the gaming world is today. They just pressume that most people will be let down by Vanilla.

I'm almost certain that if they launched a server from scratch and released a new raid every time someone cleared the previous (MC open by default, BWL open when server first MC is accomplished), the whole WoW scene would see a crazy boost.

Why do i say this?:
    - Current raiders would want to assert themselves in WoW's prime content.
    - Ex WoW players would return to relive fond memories.
    - The juicy vein that is all the young people who didnt get to play Vanilla/TBC/WotLK would have their shot at partaking in the fun.
    - The playerbase has evolved so much. In Vanilla almost every raider clicked all their spells (no1 really entertained the idea of optimizing your combat rotation), backpeddling was used far too much, voice com was rare and despite popular belief the game was not as active as it is today.
    - The people who are lured back to WoW or to play WoW for the very first time will eventually, likely, end up playing the latest expansion when the first Vanilla (TBC -> WotLK, etc) cycle has taken its turn.
    - Blizzard might learn something.

Sorry for the long post. I hope someone will comment

7+ Year Old Account
    Poor boomkins, maybe one day.

Where is my boomkin remodel???

Quote Originally Posted by Yrjaan1 View Post
    Looking at the vanilla (not the other expansions) private servers, there aren't very many online. If you put them all together, maybe 50,000 (no specific numbers, grabbing them out of my own experiences). That's nothing compared to what live WoW has right now. Let's say they open a vanilla server, and 300,000 starts playing there regulary. Not a very high number. The numbers will also drop, cause in the end there is not much to do. The only reason people stayed in World of Warcraft was because The Burning Crusade came out, followed by other expansions with new content.
    I feel like Blizzard should rather focus on their live game instead of going back to the past. That's what we have the private servers for anyway.
    How many people are online on a private server compared to a real server doesn't matter though. The only thing that matters is if it's profitable. I'm not the biggest fan of the idea of a vanilla server either. I believe they had to buff the shit out of a lot of things on the biggest one because people just steamrolled most raids since they were so easy for example. If Blizzard did that it wouldn't really be a real vanilla server anymore, and it would also require a lot of time on their side.

What the anti-flying muppets fail to understand is that if Blizzard stops caring enough about how the playerbase feels about things, they'll eventually decide against a feature or content that might be held dear by the anti-flyers as well.

I don't see Blizzard going back on their boneheaded decision though, they are simply seeing how much time they can save if they stop creating content with flying in mind and keep to designing it for people with the attention-spans of goldfish. Bye bye, zones like Storm Peaks and Icecrown and Jade Forest...

Quote Originally Posted by McMick View Post
    - Current raiders would want to assert themselves in WoW's prime content.
    )
    How can it be "asserting" to go back and raid content that has less mechanics to it than most DUNGEON bosses have today? Going back to relive nostalgia is one thing, but as someone only having raided since WOTLK I would much rather spend my time raiding Mythic content of today than 10 year old content with snoozefest mechanics. I see those raids every week anyways as I solo for transmog gear.

One thing that could be fun with a Classic-only server would be to go back, beat the content, and forever shut up the people acting as if it presented the pinnacle of challenge that players arriving in later expansions couldn't handle even if they tried. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    dont worry after q2 and q3sub resoults theywill
    a) change their tone
    b) fire half of braindead devs who makethose decisions - no sane shareholder will allow loosing milion of dollars just cause of stubborn dev who live in his own delusional world

you may milk the cow but you dont slaughter it when it still gives milk just cause ur stubborn.

for whatever reason they still seem those think that everything is ok when at average1 mln people unsuubbing each month
    Cataclysm should have been the reason to do B. If they could repeat the Bully Jock Posse move in WoD, I wouldn't hold my breath on when Blizzard will fire those immature developers.

Deleted
    Lol, last time i checked, nostalrius had like 4-6k online all the time... that is alot more than a retail server. There is definitely alot of people that would play on a vanilla server created by blizzard, probably TBC aswell. Archangel (feenix) had 2-3k online like a year go but they stopped releasing content and the server was lagging like fuck so people quit. tldr: blizzard please create a tbc server

despite popular belief the game was not as active as it is today.
    I have to disagree with this point. There were 8 million players at the start of WotLK in the US and EU. Since then they added 20 servers in the US alone and lost 900k players while expanding into at least 4 other markets. US and EU servers are absolutely less active than they were at the end of TBC. Connected realms just make it appear that the game is more alive than it was.
    Vanilla WoW was a diamond in the rough. Burning Crusade cleared the rough away and polished that diamond up. During Lich King, that diamond cracked from being over polished and in Cataclysm that diamond was replaced with a cubic zirconia.

10+ Year Old Account
    OH remodel! how about some content to do? NOPE? ah well....

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post

How can it be "asserting"

and forever shut up the people acting as if it presented the pinnacle of challenge that players arriving in later expansions couldn't handle even if they tried. ^^
    You pretty much answered that yourself.

As i mentioned, people have grown a lot, the question nowadays wouldnt be IF most players could manage entry raids it's how FAST. If they gate it so that the raids open every time the latest is beaten it would make for a fast paced gloryride

Trust me though, AQ40 and Naxx40 ARE challenging, even the trash was painful in there. I'd easily compare the difficulty of those raids to some of the hardest WoW fights. Nothing in vanilla (that i experienced) comes close to Firefighter, Yogg0, LK 25 HC pre nerf, Muru, Vashj, Kaelthas and Firelands Rag tho.

The point is that it would be either a trip down memory lane or a chance to see which parts are as glorious as oldtimers make them out to be.

Deleted
    The infernal looks kinda meh, head way down in chest and no balance between body parts, big shoulders to a bloodelf waist. They should go more after the one they used in their warcraft 3 and wow vanilla cinematic, much more overall buffed look.

Trust me though, AQ40 and Naxx40 ARE challenging, even the trash was painful in there. I'd easily compare the difficulty of those raids to some of the hardest WoW fights. Nothing in vanilla (that i experienced) comes close to Firefighter, Yogg0, LK 25 HC pre nerf, Muru, Vashj, Kaelthas and Firelands Rag tho.
    Pre-nerf C'thun was unkillable.
    Vanilla WoW was a diamond in the rough. Burning Crusade cleared the rough away and polished that diamond up. During Lich King, that diamond cracked from being over polished and in Cataclysm that diamond was replaced with a cubic zirconia.

I would love to have a TBC/Wrath server (or both) start from release and gradually release all the raids/content as it was in the past, so that after SP/ICC is done I take my 70/80 char with all the gear/titles etc. he has and x-fer him onto the current live lvl 100/100+ server and use him there after taking him from 70/80 to lvl cap

Quote Originally Posted by Kaeleena View Post
    Ahh yes i forgot about him. Who knows though, maybe a raid full of quality raiders would manage it now. Back then even the best guilds like Nihilum had a ton of mouthbreathers.

Edit: Bosses like Kaelthas, Gruul, Magtheridon, Muru, etc had to be nerfed several times before they were killed as far as i remember though.
    Last edited by McMick; 2015-05-26 at 12:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    dont worry after q2 and q3sub resoults theywill
    a) change their tone
    b) fire half of braindead devs who makethose decisions - no sane shareholder will allow loosing milion of dollars just cause of stubborn dev who live in his own delusional world

you may milk the cow but you dont slaughter it when it still gives milk just cause ur stubborn.

for whatever reason they still seem those think that everything is ok when at average1 mln people unsuubbing each month
    They did it in Cata when their arrogance hit an all time high with Ghostcrawler. Did a *huge* 180.

They really do come across as insincere but whatever. At least now I can shove it in people's faces that not only do they hide their decisions -- they also mislead their *specifically stated* intentions without telling you things change that are fairly important and dramatic to non-trivial groups. Unless, of course, they are willing to call the "pro-flying" group small and trivial. I dare them, that'd be hilarious.

So now what? They add more horses? Instead of making cars? (Per their Henry Ford quote)

If you want to play vanilla soo badly go play on "Theoretical Servers" and leave Blizzard alone. They're not going to go out of their way to bring back vanilla just for people to get to level 10 and go "whelp, I'm done".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kaeleena View Post
    He wasn't meant to be unkillable though.