Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Saw this on front page and thought " Someone misspelt Evanescence, and I didn't know they were forgotten...."

agreed with last poster on first page.

I actually think Evanesce is a really strong talent, and if it was on the level 30 tier talents, we'd probably take it for every fight. However, it's on 15 and has to compete with Ice Floes which is probably the best movement tool of all the casters.

10+ Year Old Account
    You don't need to GI/Evanesce/Ice Block the Oregorger rolls if you want to sit in a dangerous lane - you can simply Blink through him. Requires good timing obviously, but it saves you a cooldown.
    Armory
    Twitter
    Altered-Time.com - the #1 Mage Theorycrafting community.

Deleted
    Now we can make topic how AT is awesome.... oh wait.... there is Ice Barrier on the same tallent row

Quote Originally Posted by Quetesh View Post
    Now we can make topic how AT is awesome.... oh wait.... there is Ice Barrier on the same tallent row
    AT vs IB isn't even comparable to Evanesce vs Ice Floes. IB costs a GCD, and absorbs like 10% of your hp in damage. Super mediocre defensive whereas Ice Floes is the best ranged mobility tool in the game, short of being a hunter.

Blizzard should do some changes and bring it to life :3

Quote Originally Posted by Zigrifid View Post
    Blizzard should do some changes
    Blizzard can't make content outside of raids that stays relevant for more than two weeks. You really think they're going to bother with Mage Talents yet a second time?
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    My favorite use of evanesce is M maidens, you evanesce right as the debuff (convulsing shadows) is being applied, and you immune it. You need good timing but if you hit it as soon as dbm says it you immune it. Theres a great example, saved a healer from dispelling and a shield.

Not only that but it's good in general on that fight, I could definitely see how useful IF is on that fight..but with the amount of dps im already doing on that fight, a little movement isn't going to really sway us in one way or another, where as removing that mechanic from the fight 1-2 times (per mage) a fight is pretty useful for our healers.

Just one example of many uses.

And you'd be correct, I never really got used to IF, but now that i'm used to evanesce I could not play without it TBH.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shi View Post
    AT vs IB isn't even comparable to Evanesce vs Ice Floes. IB costs a GCD, and absorbs like 10% of your hp in damage. Super mediocre defensive whereas Ice Floes is the best ranged mobility tool in the game, short of being a hunter.
    Where am i comparing it to Ice Floes? Read it again - it suposed to be a joke that we can find usage for AT, but it would be totaly useless because on the same row is IB There is no comparison to IF or Evanesce...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Blizzard can't make content outside of raids that stays relevant for more than two weeks. You really think they're going to bother with Mage Talents yet a second time?
    Becuase in other games they can make content that is relevant for more than 2 weeks Blizzard is making more content than ever but we still want more - you need to realize than desing something and then implement it needs time, a lot of it.

If you don't enjoy it why are you paying for it? You are just another unhappy forum writer who needs attention.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    My favorite use of evanesce is M maidens, you evanesce right as the debuff (convulsing shadows) is being applied, and you immune it. You need good timing but if you hit it as soon as dbm says it you immune it. Theres a great example, saved a healer from dispelling and a shield.

Not only that but it's good in general on that fight, I could definitely see how useful IF is on that fight..but with the amount of dps im already doing on that fight, a little movement isn't going to really sway us in one way or another, where as removing that mechanic from the fight 1-2 times (per mage) a fight is pretty useful for our healers.

Just one example of many uses.

And you'd be correct, I never really got used to IF, but now that i'm used to evanesce I could not play without it TBH.
    If you are happy that you are loosing probably the best movement tool in the game... ofc you can use Evanesce in the same way you can use Blazing speed - it's just not best thing what you could do. You can play frost, but there are better options. From mythic raider i want that he/she will be playing his/her best.

my point was that it's actually reasonable to use AT because IB blows, but it's unreasonable to use Evanesce because IF is godly.

I could see myself using Evanesce more if I played Frost, since that spec is more mobile

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    we haven't really hit a fight in our 7/10 M guild that we're wiping on because of dps. And until that becomes the case, I don't think moving while casting with ice floes is better than me surviving. And evanesce helps with that so much.
    What fights would you be wiping on due to healing issues that Evanesce is able to prevent happening?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilderness View Post
    What fights would you be wiping on due to healing issues that Evanesce is able to prevent happening?
    Indeed. The only fight I actively chose Evanesce over IF was M Gruul, because I would get gibbed by his cleave a little more than wanted. I also exclusively go Flame Glow over Ice Barrier now and never die due to healing issues, even during Blackhand progression. If players are dying without Evanesce, it isn't a matter of Evanesce being better than Ice Floes most of the time, it is just a matter of mishandling mechanics or subpar healers.
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

I've been using FG for a while now. For a skill that healed me 4.5m in 16 M BF attempts the other day I find to be very good for a passive. Not entirely sure how much worse than IB it is, but as a set and forget I can't complain.

Most stuff you cheese with Evanesce you can do with GI/IB instead without affecting your movement DPS. You've got to be pretty unlucky to need to cheese a mechanic 3 times in a fight.

Deleted
    Ib was just good for Progress when burst damage came in like Kromog sub 30% breath after hands or p1 Demo back in the days when it did damage like a truck,if you have to take IB over FG for farm with current gear levels you should think about your movement abilities or healers honestly imo