Deleted

How I wish Garrison Missions would have been.

Hey guys,

before I start this please note this thread is in no way a complaint. Putting my opinion on Garrisons as they are aside I just wanted to share some idea of how I thought, or would have liked Garrisons and Missions to be in WoD, and see what things others would have / would like to see. & maybe if people are 100% happy with them as they are!

Anyway, in my world garrison missions would go like this:

A garrison mission would work in short like a cross between MoP scenarios and group quests. Instead of clicking to send off your followers and checking back later, they accompany you, the hero, to do various tactical missions across Draenor such as assassinations of enemy captains, spying and collecting information, rescuing captured prisoners and more.
    There would be 5 types of missions:

Contract missions: - Work like missions currently do, but you only send 1 follower off to do very small jobs that bring in a small amount of extra resources. For example send x follower off to do a small mission to receive a small reward. Could be gold, arch rewards etc, much like the basic missions now.

Trade missions : - A limit to how many of these you can do per week, but these will come up as requests from towns around the WoW universe offering trade deals. For example you could get a mission asking for a stock of resources in return for rewards. For example x npc from Gadgetzan has offered x amount of resources for x reward.

Normal: - You pick 2 other followers to accompany you. These missions are often short and consist of lesser tasks such as:

- Tactical captures/destruction of small enemy camps.
    - Stealth missions much like the legendary follower mission to receive enemy intel
    - Eradication of enemies, beasts and other threats (kill x amount of enemy type quest against strong enemies)
    - Collection of important resources. Some of these will be venturing into the wilds, some will be stealing from enemies

Rare: - You pick 4 other followers to accompany you. These missions are often closer to MoP scenarios

- Small sieges and captures of enemy bases
    - Harder stealth missions involving puzzles (things to dodge that require timing etc, floor activation puzzles, things like that)
    - Assassinations of smaller but significant enemy generals

Epic: - You pick 2 followers to accompany you, and group with 1 other player and his 2 followers. In addition you are joined by a faction or neutral hero or significant character. For example you could be joined by Khadgar, Jaina, Vol'jin or plenty of lesser heroes. These missions would come up once per week and reward epic items but not from the raid loot table and with an ilevel between the two modes you have done and are moving onto. For example if you do normal you currently get heroic 685 gear from raid missions, instead you would get a different item of only 677 ilevel. I don't like that I am almost BIS mythic and no where near cleared mythic with these current raid missions.

- Larger sieges of strong enemy fortresses (picture garrison invasions but you are invading enemy strongholds
    - Mini dungeons (like scenarios) with one or two bosses.

A few missions would be added with each patch with a higher follower and player ilevel requirement so that the content does not all become to easy.

This is just a rough idea of what I imagined garrison missions would be like in my world,

what do you think? what would you have done differently to Garrions? or would you not have had it any other way than it is now? I know some people love them!
    Last edited by mmocd07df807b4; 2015-05-26 at 12:39 PM.

You are commander, so command.
    Besides, how many missions you could do per day in this case?

Quote Originally Posted by Athabaska View Post
    A commander with a delicate taste for Herb Gardens and rough hands from doing all the heavy work at the Mines.

-
    On topic though:
    Yeah, it does sound interesting. Then again, anything with a couple inches more depth would be miles better than the passive menu game we got instead.
    But in the end, it's okay. There will still be people who'll defend it with all their might.

Deleted
    Does it not make you feel a bit like an old retired hero? :P

Considering there's next to nothing to do, I'd say a fair few. OP, ideas are decent, and anything that actually gets the player base out of the garrison would have been a great idea. The Garrison that Blizzard sold us at Blizzcon is completely different then the piece of garbage they delivered.

If they had put these garrison missions as sort of dailies as OP is describing, with a cap of say 10 or so, I think things would have worked out fine. You'd have things to do out in the world, and you wouldn't burn out fast by having as many available as you currently do on the table. Of course rewards would have to be tailored a little better, but doable. Instead, Blizzard opted for the easy route, and just went with the point and click, no thought needed option.

Deleted
    Pretty interresting I must say, and WAY better than the current system!

Maybe I'll add the option to go out with a mix of your followers AND/OR friendly players, you know, to give extra socialization tool.

Quote Originally Posted by Atlantic View Post
    We are a reflection of our leader, who sits in Org all day and sends us on missions. Everyone hate garrosh cus hes hands on (so blizzard turn him bad), well we know why now.

Is the high king and warcheif out fighting? No they sit on their ass (maybe log off when no one is around) and send us on a mission.
    Last edited by Kioshi; 2015-05-27 at 04:37 PM.

I hate players that suck at WoW, But I also hate wanna be elitist who barely down normal raid and said that the game is too easy...... yea show me you mythic achivement before you say its too easy otherwise move along scum, because I heard wildstar need you.

Not really. I'm still doing all the really important stuff myself.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kioshi View Post
    We are a reflection of our leader, who sits in Org all day and sends us on missions. Everyone hate garrosh cus hes hands on (so blizzard turn him bad), well we know why now.

Is the high king and warcheif out fighting? No they sit on their ass (maybe log off when no one is around) and send us on a mission.
    difference is they are NPC's and we are playing the game :P

Deleted
    To much work, I like the 10 min a day I spend clicking so I can logout again and do something fun .

Deleted
    Current mission system is awesome for players like me with not that much time to play, but with a lot of max level toons.
    I'm able to do my command table chores in like 2 minutes twice a day and reap 60,000 gold out of it in a week.

Ideally I would like to have both types of missions in there.
    Command table type so it's quick
    Interactive scenarios for the naval missions. Like the MOP scenario on the high seas.

The Lightbringer theostrichsays's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my douche canoe crossing the Delaware.
    I probably would have been happier with Clicker Heroes for my Garrisons, in hindsight now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelhander View Post
    Thank you for mansplaining how opinions work.
    Also you're wrong, the people who agree with you are wrong, and you're probably ugly.
    Ever been so angry at everyone on the internet you tell a woman she is mansplaining?

Hey guys,

before I start this please note this thread is in no way a complaint. Putting my opinion on Garrisons as they are aside I just wanted to share some idea of how I thought, or would have liked Garrisons and Missions to be in WoD, and see what things others would have / would like to see. & maybe if people are 100% happy with them as they are!

Anyway, in my world garrison missions would go like this:

A garrison mission would work in short like a cross between MoP scenarios and group quests. Instead of clicking to send off your followers and checking back later, they accompany you, the hero, to do various tactical missions across Draenor such as assassinations of enemy captains, spying and collecting information, rescuing captured prisoners and more.
    There would be 5 types of missions:

Contract missions: - Work like missions currently do, but you only send 1 follower off to do very small jobs that bring in a small amount of extra resources. For example send x follower off to do a small mission to receive a small reward. Could be gold, arch rewards etc, much like the basic missions now.

Trade missions : - A limit to how many of these you can do per week, but these will come up as requests from towns around the WoW universe offering trade deals. For example you could get a mission asking for a stock of resources in return for rewards. For example x npc from Gadgetzan has offered x amount of resources for x reward.

Normal: - You pick 2 other followers to accompany you. These missions are often short and consist of lesser tasks such as:

- Tactical captures/destruction of small enemy camps.
    - Stealth missions much like the legendary follower mission to receive enemy intel
    - Eradication of enemies, beasts and other threats (kill x amount of enemy type quest against strong enemies)
    - Collection of important resources. Some of these will be venturing into the wilds, some will be stealing from enemies

Rare: - You pick 4 other followers to accompany you. These missions are often closer to MoP scenarios

- Small sieges and captures of enemy bases
    - Harder stealth missions involving puzzles (things to dodge that require timing etc, floor activation puzzles, things like that)
    - Assassinations of smaller but significant enemy generals

Epic: - You pick 2 followers to accompany you, and group with 1 other player and his 2 followers. In addition you are joined by a faction or neutral hero or significant character. For example you could be joined by Khadgar, Jaina, Vol'jin or plenty of lesser heroes. These missions would come up once per week and reward epic items but not from the raid loot table and with an ilevel between the two modes you have done and are moving onto. For example if you do normal you currently get heroic 685 gear from raid missions, instead you would get a different item of only 677 ilevel. I don't like that I am almost BIS mythic and no where near cleared mythic with these current raid missions.

- Larger sieges of strong enemy fortresses (picture garrison invasions but you are invading enemy strongholds
    - Mini dungeons (like scenarios) with one or two bosses.

A few missions would be added with each patch with a higher follower and player ilevel requirement so that the content does not all become to easy.

This is just a rough idea of what I imagined garrison missions would be like in my world,

what do you think? what would you have done differently to Garrions? or would you not have had it any other way than it is now? I know some people love them!
    I'm all for this idea. It makes you look liked you actually help your followers instead of treating them as slaves. I would love if they continued scenarios in Warlords of Draenor. And this with you and your followers sound likes a phenomenal way to do it. Probably would have costed a raid tier hehe. But overall great idea.