Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by VisionOfPerfection View Post
    Even Patch 6.2 Mannoroth and the Fel Wolves in Frostfire Ridge?
    So because undead demons exist all of them are?

1) I don't see the souls released from my Haunt spell being destroyed.
    That is how fel magic works. Take the dark portal of AU Draenor for example it constantly needed new souls, to operate, if souls wouldn't be destroyed they would be an unlimited power source for the portal, but the iron horde constantly fed the portal new sacrifices.

2) In the Patch 6.2 Gorefiend encounter Gorefiend releases souls he had consumed to power his demonic/fel magic, they're not destroyed.
    He consumed them, he did not use them.

Did I state that anything infused with fel magic automatically turns undead? No.
    You stated demons, all demons are undead, because of their felblood and since you can become a demon, without the blood, meaning fel would turn anyone automatically into an undead, which simply isn't true.

Meryl is possessed by a fel tainted elemental spirit? Nice theory.
    Meryl is possessed by a dreadlord, by the name of Kathra'Nathir.

The Eyes of Kilrogg are constructs? Constructs animated by what? Where is their physical shell/body? If they don't have a physical shell/body then they are no different from fel spirits.

http://www.wowhead.com/npc=59020/eye-of-the-legion

^The Eyes of the Legion look undead to me.
    They are a construct, like an Kirin tor familiar, but with a different purpose bound to the caster and fel based.
    Last edited by Combatbutler; 2015-05-27 at 10:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Not even close. Telling something to walk somewhere is not the same as directly controlling its steps so it walks.

I command my dog to sit. I don't directly control its body so it sits.
    So Warlocks are physically throwing the Eyes of Kilrogg to go where it wants? Ummm, no. Necromancers can directly control undead to make them do what they want.

A Warlock is merely creating an entity 100% loyal to him/her and commanding it where to to go while their vision is bound to it.

Not obscuring the obtuseness very well here.

Soulbound Constructs are physical constructed golems that are then implanted with the soul of a fallen draenei so they can continue serving. Just like the protoss Dragoons. That particular one in HFC was inhabited by Socrethar's soul. It's literally a mechanical golem being possessed by a spirit.
    I'll ask you again, do the Eyes of Kilrogg have a physical shell/body like the Soulbound Constructs or are they incorporeal/intangible like ghosts?

10+ Year Old Account
    So Warlocks are physically throwing the Eyes of Kilrogg to go where it wants? Ummm, no. Necromancers can directly control undead to make them do what they want.

A Warlock is merely creating an entity 100% loyal to him/her and commanding it where to to go while their vision is bound to it.
    Have you never used the Eye of Kilrogg spell before? You pop into its PoV and move it around directly. You don't issue it commands like minions.

I'll ask you again, do the Eyes of Kilrogg have a physical shell/body like the Soulbound Constructs or are they incorporeal/intangible like ghosts?
    Eyes of Kilrogg are physical objects with the appearance of being immaterial.
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2015-05-27 at 10:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    So because undead demons exist all of them are?
    Because those who were BORN as demons were CONSTRUCTED from (created by) demonic magic. Are you going to argue that those who were born as demons weren't created by demonic magic?

Those who weren't born as demons but were transformed into demons had their bodies reconstructed (recreated/changed/destroyed/reshaped/reanimated) by demonic magic. Are you going to argue that those who were transformed into demons didn't have their bodies reconstructedrecreated/changed/destroyed?

That is how fel magic works.
    Life-energy doesn't automatically disappear when it's sacrificed to power demonic/fel magic.

He consumed them, he did not use them.
    The souls he had consumed were corrupted by his demonic energy and he expelled them under his control.

Look at the encounter if you'd like.

You stated demons, all demons are undead, because of their felblood and since you can become a demon, without the blood, meaning fel would turn anyone automatically into an undead, which simply isn't true.
    I stated that felblood is necrotic, which is true.

And I've never stated that you can become a demon without felblood. I was merely pointing out that Hakkar was a fleshless skeleton that was called a demon and that skeletons don't have blood.

Meryl is possessed by a dreadlord, by the name of Kathra'Nathir
    Is Kathra'Natir alive? How can a living being possess an undead? If Kathra'Natir is a demonic/fel spirit he is a fel tainted elemental spirit according to you.

They are a construct, like an Kirin tor familiar, but with a different purpose bound to the caster and fel based.
    Are they living entities or dead entities?
    Last edited by Cheapnecrolyte; 2015-05-28 at 05:16 AM.

Because those who were BORN as demons were CONSTRUCTED (CREATED) by from demonic magic. Are you going to argue that those who were born as demons weren't created by demonic magic?
    Of course, since entire species were turned into demons, not all of them are like the Sartyr, Varimathras had two brothers after all.

Those who weren't born as demons but were transformed into demons had their bodies reconstructed (recreated/changed/destroyed/reshaped/reanimated) by demonic magic. Are you going to argue that those who were transformed into demons didn't have their bodies reconstructedrecreated/changed/destroyed?
    I am arguing it mutated them and that is about it.

Life-energy doesn't automatically disappear when it's sacrificed to power demonic/fel magic.
    It is no longer life energy it becomes fel, which is fundamentally different. A soul is used as a power source and most of time destroyed in the process.

The souls he had consumed were corrupted by his demonic energy and he expelled them under his control.

Look at the encounter if you'd like.
    I will once it is released, though it still doesn't change the how these spells fundamentally work, otherwise a warlock could just use the same soul over and over.

I stated that felblood is necrotic, which is true.

And I've never stated that you can become a demon without felblood. I was merely pointing out that Hakkar was a fleshless skeleton that was called a demon and that skeletons don't have blood.
    Your argument was all demons are undead,whether Hakkar is one of these cases doesn't really matter, since undead demons exist, but they are not the norm. I stated becoming a demon without fel blood is possible, which means the individual exposed to fel energy is a full fledged demon in the end with fel blood and all.

Is Kathra'Natir alive? How can a living being possess an undead? If Kathra'Natir is a demonic/fel spirit he is a fel tainted elemental spirit according to you.
    Yes of course he is alive, he is a Nathrezim , they can do these kind of things.

Are they living entities or dead entities?
    Neither, they are a construct. Are manawyrms alive? Or mana wraiths? No they are constructs of arcane energy, just as these eyes are constructs of fel.
    Last edited by Combatbutler; 2015-05-27 at 10:27 PM.

Have you never used the Eye of Kilrogg spell before? You pop into its PoV and move it around directly. You don't issue it commands like minions.
    Have you ever used the Eye of Kilrogg spell before? You're not physically tossing the Eye of Kilrogg to where you want it to go. You are mentally controlling it (moving it around) like a mind controlled minion.

Do you know that spell Dominate Mind (or Mind Control)? You are mind controlling those under the influence of the spell (moving them around) directly.

Eyes of Kilrogg are physical objects with the appearance of being immaterial.
    No, they're not physical objects because if they were, they'd have a physical shell/body. If they are created solely from demonic magic then WHAT differentiates them from demonic spirits?

You're not answering questions, which is why weren't not reaching a conclusion.
    Last edited by Cheapnecrolyte; 2015-05-27 at 10:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Have you ever used the Eye of Kilrogg spell before? You're not physically tossing the Eye of Kilrogg to where you want it to go. You are mentally controlling it (moving it around) like a mind controlled minion.

Do you know that spell Dominate Mind (or Mind Control)? You are mind controlling those under the influence of the spell (moving them around) directly.
    Yes, you are directly controlling the Eye, like how Dominate Mind directly controls the target. That is completely different than issuing commands and having the creature obey.

No, they're not physical objects because if they were, they'd have a physical shell/body. If they are created solely from demonic magic then WHAT differentiates them from demonic spirits?

I told you before, Blizzard said they are physical objects.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    The "eye" is a physical object which can be destroyed by enemy arrows or cannon fire, but it is very fast. Over time, the enchantment that holds the eye together fades away, and the spell will cause a harmless explosion as the eye vanishes. (Source)

A demonic spirit is the actual spirit of a creature. Eyes of Kilrogg are not actual spirits.

Not reaching a conclusion because you refuse to accept that a spirit is the embodiment of a sapient creature that has shed its physical form.
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2015-05-27 at 10:44 PM.

I am arguing it mutated them and that is about it.
    My point is that those who were born as demons were constructed from (a.k.a created by) demonic magic.

My point is that those who were transformed into demons had their bodies reconstructed (recreated/changed/destroyed/reshaped/reanimated) by demonic magic.

Gul'dan and Kilrogg were mutated by felblood but they aren't demons. I want to know what makes a demon a demon. Clearly being mutated a little isn't enough to be a demon.

It is no longer life energy it becomes fel, which is fundamentally different. A soul is used as a power source and most of time destroyed in the process.
    Life-energy doesn't automatically vanish when it's sacrificed. Fire is powered/fueled by wood. Does the wood automatically vanish when it catches fire? No.

Felblood is a type of life-energy fyi.

If anything, non-demonic life-energy sacrificed turns into demonic life-energy and that is used to power/fuel the warlocks spells.

I will once it is released, though it still doesn't change the how these spells fundamentally work, otherwise a warlock could just use the same soul over and over.
    There comes a time when the soul is broken down completely, but it doesn't automatically vanish or becomes broken down when it is used to power demonic/fel magic.

Your argument was all demons are undead,whether Hakkar is one of these cases doesn't really matter, since undead demons exist, but they are not the norm. I stated becoming a demon without fel blood is possible, which means the individual exposed to fel energy is a full fledged demon in the end with fel blood and all.
    My point is that all demons are undead because those who were born as demons are constructed by demonic energy and those who were transformed into demons had their bodies recreated/changed/destroyed/reshaped/reanimated.

All demons are undead until you can prove to me that you can be a living entity who wasn't created and that you can be a living entity who had his body recreated/changed/destroyed/reshaped/reanimated.

If it's possible to be a demon without felblood then why aren't the Eyes of Kilrogg demons?

Being infused with fel energy doesn't mean you have felblood. Demonic spirits have fel energy, do demonic spirits have blood?

Yes of course he is alive, he is a Nathrezim , they can do these kind of things.
    He's not alive, he doesn't have a physical body (it was destroyed fyi).

Neither, they are a construct. Are manawyrms alive? Or mana wraiths? No they are constructs of arcane energy, just as these eyes are constructs of fel.
    Constructs can be undead (eg: Shirrak the Dead Watcher) and (as Aquamonkey has admitted) demons can be constructs. So why aren't the Eyes of Kilrogg undead demons?

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, you are directly controlling the Eye, like how Dominate Mind directly controls the target. That is completely different than issuing commands and having the creature obey.
    ROFLOL, mentally (pay attention Aquamonkey, the key word is mentally) issuing commands and having the creature obey (controlling an entity) is different from directly controlling the Eye mentally?

I told you before, Blizzard said they are physical objects.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    The "eye" is a physical object which can be destroyed by enemy arrows or cannon fire, but it is very fast. Over time, the enchantment that holds the eye together fades away, and the spell will cause a harmless explosion as the eye vanishes. (Source)
    1) Your source presents statements non-present in the Warcraft 2 manual.

2) Are you aware that incorporeal beings can be destroyed?

3a) Your source claims that the Eye of Kilrogg is a variation on the summoning and necromantic magiks used by the now vanquished Warlocks and Necromancers. Your source also claims that the Ogre-Magi channeled death magiks. If the Eye of Kilrogg is a necromantic spell then why can't the Eyes of Kilrogg possess corpses? Why can't Shadow Bolts be used to possess corpses? Next thing I know you're going to claim necromantic spells (spells powered by necromantic energy) don't inherently raise the dead.

3b) If the Eyes of Kilrogg and Skulls warlocks create are constructs constructed from demonic magic and are animated/sustained/powered by life-energy why can't warlocks create skeleton constructs constructed from bones and animate/sustain/power them by life-energy?

A demonic spirit is the actual spirit of a creature. Eyes of Kilrogg are not actual spirits.
    You're still not answering questions. I wonder why.

You've claimed that the Eyes of Kilrogg are constructs. If they are constructs like you're claiming them to be, where is their physical shell/body?

Are their physical shells/bodies created by demonic magic? If they are created solely from demonic magic, then they are physical beings solely created from demonic magic, which is powered by life-energy (they contain life-energy, albeit temporarily).

Not reaching a conclusion because you refuse to accept that a spirit is the embodiment of a sapient creature that has shed its physical form.
    We're not reaching a conclusion being you're incapable of accepting that the Eyes of Kilroggs are apparitions animated/powered by the life-energy that powers the magic that created them.
    Last edited by Cheapnecrolyte; 2015-05-28 at 12:47 AM.

Your source presents statements non-present in the Warcraft 2 manual.
    Yeah, just like half the things written in WC2 Manual or WC3 were retconned or changed due to newer lore.

New Lore > Old Lore

We're not reaching a conclusion being you're incapable of accepting that the Eyes of Kilroggs are apparitions created by demonic magic and are powered/animated by the life-energy that fuels demonic magic.
    You're not reaching a conclusion because you don't accept Blizzard's word on it. Period.
    Suddenly, one day, 99.7% of the Lich King's death knights broke free.
    Clearly, the lich king was keylogged

Quote Originally Posted by Cl4nK View Post
    You're not reaching a conclusion because you don't accept Blizzard's word on it. Period.
    Blizzard didn't retcon the Eyes of Kilrogg being apparitions created by a magic that uses life-energy as a fuel.

Blizzard didn't retcon the Eyes of Kilrogg being apparitions created by a magic that uses life-energy as a fuel.
    They already said it's a physical object, and new lore trumphs old lore. The fact that you don't accept that is simply what drives this discussion.
    Suddenly, one day, 99.7% of the Lich King's death knights broke free.
    Clearly, the lich king was keylogged

Quote Originally Posted by Cl4nK View Post
    They already said it's a physical object, and new lore trumphs old lore. The fact that you don't accept that is simply what drives this discussion.
    The source Aquamonkey presented isn't an official Blizzard website broski, the website's description of the Eye of Kilrogg ability is completely different from the Warcraft 2 manual's description of the Eye of Kilrogg ability. And if that website is an official Blizzard website, it was from Warcraft 2, which is old.

I didn't deny that the Eyes of Kilroggs are physical objects either, I'm merely asking questions, questions that Aquamonkey isn't answering because he knows he's wrong.

Aquamonkey stated that Shadow Bolts, Eyes of Kilrogg, and the Mortal Coils are constructs, they are physical objects created.

If they are constructs like he's claiming them to be where are their physical shells/bodies?

A construct is not the same as what animates it. Constructs aren't alive. Are the Eyes of Kilrogg alive? No. Is the life-energy (or magic) that animates/powers them "alive"? Yes.

If warlocks can animate/power skulls they create with demonic magic and directly control them remotely, why can't they animate/power constructs that they didn't create and directly control them remotely?

The fact that you're not paying attention to what people post is what drives this discussion.
    Last edited by Cheapnecrolyte; 2015-05-28 at 12:54 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The source Aquamonkey presented isn't an official Blizzard website broski,
    It is... classic.battle.net is a legacy site created by Blizzard to archive the info when they revamped Battle.net.

It is... classic.battle.net is a legacy site created by Blizzard to archive the info when they revamped Battle.net.
    Cool beans...I presumed it wasn't because its description of the Eye of Kilrogg ability is different from the Warcraft 2 manual's description of the Eye of Kilrogg ability.

It's nice to know that that website separated warlocks from necromancers despite the eye of kilrogg being a variation of the summoning and necromantic magics warlocks used. It's nice to know that people believe the Eye of Kilrogg spell can't be used to possess/raise corpses despite being a necromantic spell.

I have never been or ever will be convinced that warlocks can practice necromancy without being necromancers, practitioners of necromancy.
    Last edited by Cheapnecrolyte; 2015-05-28 at 01:50 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Constructs can be undead (eg: Shirrak the Dead Watcher) and (as Aquamonkey has admitted) demons can be constructs. So why aren't the Eyes of Kilrogg undead demons?
    Constructs made of dead or undead parts are undead.

Demons can be constructed. But the examples we have of this (Xavius) are living demons.

ROFLOL, mentally (pay attention Aquamonkey, the key word is mentally) issuing commands and having the creature obey (controlling an entity) is different from directly controlling the Eye mentally?
    I'm fully cognizant of the argument. It doesn't matter how the command is conveyed. It could be Morse code, telepathy, telegraph, hand signals, voice etc. Commands are given and the minion obeys. This is different from directly controlling the actions of the creature.

Eyes of Kilrogg and Dominate Mind targets are ROVs. You pilot an ROV. You don't pilot a dog when you command it to sit. You don't pilot your imp when you command it to attack.

1) Your source presents statements non-present in the Warcraft 2 manual.
    So what? It provides more information than the manual. Manuals aren't the only source of canon.

3a) Your source claims that the Eye of Kilrogg is a variation on the summoning and necromantic magiks used by the now vanquished Warlocks and Necromancers. Your source also claims that the Ogre-Magi channeled death magiks.
    Because they do...

If the Eye of Kilrogg is a necromantic spell then why can't the Eyes of Kilrogg possess corpses? Why can't Shadow Bolts be used to possess corpses? Next thing I know you're going to claim necromantic spells (spells powered by necromantic energy) don't inherently raise the dead.
    Because they don't... Raising the dead requires a complex spell. The energy has to be harnessed and directed by careful spellwork in order to achieve that effect, or any spell effect. That's why casters have to study and experiment.

3b) If the Eyes of Kilrogg and Skulls warlocks create are constructs constructed from demonic magic and are animated/sustained/powered by life-energy why can't warlocks create skeleton constructs constructed from bones and animate/sustain/power them by life-energy?
    If they learn how, they can. Lich bodies are skeleton constructs. But just because certain things are that way doesn't make everything like that. And it doesn't mean every warlock or necromancer can do it.

You're still not answering questions. I wonder why.

You've claimed that the Eyes of Kilrogg are constructs. If they are constructs like you're claiming them to be, where is their physical shell/body?
    The Eye is a physical object.

You don't create a spirit. A spirit comes from a living being.

Are their physical shells/bodies created by demonic magic?
    Yes... There's an entire discipline of magic dedicated to creating physical objects with magic.

If they are created solely from demonic magic, then they are physical beings solely created from demonic magic, which is powered by life-energy (they contain life-energy, albeit temporarily).
    They aren't physical beings. They are physical objects.

We're not reaching a conclusion being you're incapable of accepting that the Eyes of Kilroggs are apparitions animated/powered by the life-energy that powers the magic that created them.
    They are physical objects made to look like an eye apparition. Powering an object with the energy harvested from souls or life is not the same as implanting and object with a spirit.

Because the Eyes of Kilrogg are apparitions, they're either demonic ghosts or ghost-like demons. Perhaps a ghost can also be a demon?
    Why do they have to be demonic? Lore suggests most if not all warlocks were once mages(human, gnome, forsaken) for the most part or shamans in the case of the orc warlocks. Their fire spells are in fact fire spells(green fire comes from learning to imbue it with fel magic from the quest line) just like mages have fire spells(or shamans)

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    Why do they have to be demonic? Lore suggests most if not all warlocks were once mages(human, gnome, forsaken) for the most part or shamans in the case of the orc warlocks. Their fire spells are in fact fire spells(green fire comes from learning to imbue it with fel magic from the quest line) just like mages have fire spells(or shamans)
    The Green fire quest line is garbage, don't mention it again please.

Constructs made of dead or undead parts are undead.

Demons can be constructed. But the examples we have of this (Xavius) are living demons.
    I've asked you this once and I'll ask you again, what defines dead?

You've just acknowledged that demons can be constructed. If demons can be constructed then the dead/inanimate can be "animated" as demons.

Are you aware that Xavius' body was DESTROYED and parts of it were used to fashion a new body?

How exactly is the example we have of a constructed demon (Xavius) a living demon? If you ask me, Xavius was a golem/homunculus/abomination, a construct made by pieces of "dead" flesh and was animated.

I'm fully cognizant of the argument. It doesn't matter how the command is conveyed. It could be Morse code, telepathy, telegraph, hand signals, voice etc. Commands are given and the minion obeys. This is different from directly controlling the actions of the creature.

Eyes of Kilrogg and Dominate Mind targets are ROVs. You pilot an ROV. You don't pilot a dog when you command it to sit. You don't pilot your imp when you command it to attack.
    Dominated Mind targets are ROVs? What about dominated undead targets? Are they ROVs?

Are you aware that necromancers mind control undead?

Because they don't... Raising the dead requires a complex spell. The energy has to be harnessed and directed by careful spellwork in order to achieve that effect, or any spell effect. That's why casters have to study and experiment.
    Animating the inanimate doesn't require a complex spell:

-Warlocks can animate skulls they construct with demonic magic (constructs aren't the same thing as what animates them). If Warlocks can animate skulls they construct with demonic magic (Shadow Bolt, which was called a necromantic spell) then Warlocks can animate a skull or a skeleton that wasn't constructed with demonic magic and pilot it as if it were an ROV.

-Demon Blood has been shown to inherently raise the dead.

-Demonic spirits (and perhaps phase-shifted, incorporeal/intangible, demons) have the inherent ability to possess corpses. In fact, non-demonic souls have been shown to have the ability to possess corpses. Why would it be hard for a warlock, who channel souls, to channel souls into corpses? All warlocks can channel souls whether you like it or not.

-Galakrond, a non-spellcaster, imbued the skeletons of proto-dragons with life-essence and they were reanimated.

If they learn how, they can. Lich bodies are skeleton constructs. But just because certain things are that way doesn't make everything like that. And it doesn't mean every warlock or necromancer can do it.
    Separating warlocks from necromancers even though warlocks practice necromancy I see?

The Eye is a physical object.
    If they are physical objects like you're claiming them to be where are their physical shells/bodies? Stop avoiding this question.

You don't create a spirit. A spirit comes from a living being.
    Souls are a type of life-force/energy, you've yet to refute that fact.

Blood is a type of life-force/energy and undead constructs can be animated/powered by blood, you've yet to refute that fact.

The Eyes of Kilrogg are created by whatever Fel is and are powered by life-energy (not by whatever essence/energy is harvested from life-energy).

Yes... There's an entire discipline of magic dedicated to creating physical objects with magic.
    So the Eyes of Kilrogg are physical objects constructed/created and aren't alive or undead despite being created by fel-tainted life-energy, death-energy, or fel-tainted life essence AND are animated/powered by life-energy? Interesting.

They aren't physical beings. They are physical objects.

They are physical objects made to look like an eye apparition. Powering an object with the energy harvested from souls or life is not the same as implanting and object with a spirit.
    You don't understand how Fel works.

Fel is created by sacrificing life-energy and is powered/fueled by life-energy (blood, souls, whatever type of life-energy plants contain, etc.).

Fel is not powered/fueled by whatever life-energy breaks down into (whatever essence/energy is harvested from life-energy) and there is a difference between what Fel is and how Fel is powered.

If Fel is created by sacrificing life-energy and is powered/fueled by life-energy then what is Fel?

Is it sacrificed life-energy that uses itself and the life-energy from others as a power source (fuel)?

Is it death-energy (destroyed life-energy) that uses life-energy as a power source (fuel)?

Is it whatever life-energy is broken down into when it's destroyed that uses life-energy as a power source (fuel)?

Since Fel uses life-energy as a power source (as a fuel) the Eyes of Kilrogg contain life-energy AND whatever life-energy is broken down into. So the Eyes of Kilrogg do possess blood, souls, and/or other types of life-energy and are animated/powered by it.

Demonic/Fel magic is powered by life-energy. No life-energy = No Fel
    Last edited by Cheapnecrolyte; 2015-05-28 at 05:54 AM.

You can argue whatever you want if you wilfully ignore the facts that disagree with you dude, "I don't like that quest" isn't sufficient to stop it from still being canonical.

Eyes of Kilrogg are spheres of fel energy. The energy is created by destroying life, but is not itself life energy, just as burning a plant transforms it into another state rather than giving you "plant energy". A person's soul is not twisted into the form of an eye, it is destroyed and used as fuel to power the spell.
    The sphere of fel energy forms its constructed "body" and the warlock binds their sight to it directly, treating it as an extension of their own body. This body can be destroyed by magic or even physical implements, and slowly decays on its own over time due to its unstable nature.

In this way the eye is neither alive, nor dead, nor undead. It is an inanimate object controlled directly by the warlock.

If that control was removed, the Eye would either do nothing or immediately dissipate. It is not like an undead creature, which possesses at least some capacity for self-control, or a mind-controlled creature, which is usually capable of acting on its own but is having its own will overridden by another, it simply lacks a mind.
    Imagine the Eye of Kilrogg as essentially a magical webcam on wheels. You can control it and see through it, and even someone else could control it if they manage to hijack the "signal" used to send commands, but it has no mind or will of its own and is neither dead nor alive, simply an object. And as you decided to make your webcam out of fire, it doesn't really last very long.

Eyes of Kilrogg don't have blood, don't have souls, don't have minds, and possess no life. They are constructs of magical energy, generated as a byproduct released through the destruction of life.
    As Fel can only be created by the negation of life, it couldn't possibly contain life energy. When the life energy was destroyed to create fel, it became something else. Once you burn down a tree, it is no longer a tree.
    Last edited by Imnick; 2015-05-28 at 09:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    You can argue whatever you want if you wilfully ignore the facts that disagree with you dude, "I don't like that quest" isn't sufficient to stop it from still being canonical.
    It's ironic that you state that because I'm not willfully ignoring facts that disagree with me, you are.

Eyes of Kilrogg are spheres of fel energy.
    Fel energy is life-energy that uses itself and other life-energies as fuel, death-energy that uses life-energy as fuel, or whatever life-energy is broken down into when it's destroyed that uses life-energy as fuel.

The energy is created by destroying life
    Do you know what the result of destroying life is? Death

If you believe that fel energy is created by destroying life YOU MUST believe that fel energy is death-energy, but sorry to disappoint you, Micky disagrees with your belief.

is not itself life energy
    It is sacrificed life-energy that uses itself and other life-energies as fuel, death-energy that uses life-energy as fuel, or whatever life-energy is broken down into when it's destroyed that uses life-energy has fuel. Pick

burning a plant transforms it into another state rather than giving you "plant energy".
    Fel is created by sacrificing life-energy AND uses life-energy as a fuel. So what is Fel? Is it sacrificed life-energy that uses life-energy as a fuel? What is sacrificed life-energy that uses life-energy as a fuel? Sacrificed life-energy is still life-energy fyi.

Is blood still blood after sacrificing it (taking it out of your body)? Yes.

A person's soul is not twisted into the form of an eye, it is destroyed and used as fuel to power the spell.
    1) A person's soul can be twisted into the form of an eye.

2) The Eyes of Kilrogg are either a soul twisted into the form of an eye, some other type of life-energy twisted into the form of an eye, or whatever life-energy is broken into twisted into the form of an eye.

In this way the eye is neither alive, nor dead, nor undead. It is an inanimate object controlled directly by the warlock.
    It's animated/powered by life-energy whether you like it or not.

If that control was removed, the Eye would either do nothing or immediately dissipate.
    You don't know that for certain, the inanimated have been animated by fel energy without a spellcaster.

It is not like an undead creature, which possesses at least some capacity for self-control, or a mind-controlled creature, which is usually capable of acting on its own but is having its own will overridden by another, it simply lacks a mind.
    I understand you're slow to acknowledge facts, so I'll help you. The Eyes of Kilrogg are 100% loyal to warlocks who create them because warlocks sacrifice their own life-energy to create them. The Eyes of Kilrogg do have minds, and they are the minds of the warlocks who create them. If the Eyes of the Kilrogg don't have minds how can Warlocks see what they see?

If the Eye of Kilrogg is a soul twisted into the form of an eye then its mind and therefore vision is simply being confrolled by a warlock.

Imagine the Eye of Kilrogg as essentially a magical webcam on wheels. You can control it and see through it, and even someone else could control it if they manage to hijack the "signal" used to send commands, but it has no mind or will of its own and is neither dead nor alive, simply an object. And as you decided to make your webcam out of fire, it doesn't really last very long.
    Soul is a type of life-energy, and so is blood. Are souls alive, dead, or simply objects?

Eyes of Kilrogg don't have blood, don't have souls, don't have minds, and possess no life. They are constructs of magical energy, generated as a byproduct released through the destruction of life.
    The Eyes of Kilrogg have blood, souls, and/or other types of life-energy.

A fire can't use wood as fuel if the fire isn't consuming it.

I can't use food as fuel if I don't consume it.

Fel can't use life-energy as fuel if Fel doesn't consume life-energy.

If Fel uses life-energy as a power source then Fel contains life-energy, albeit temporarily.

Fel can only be created by the negation of life, it couldn't possibly contain life energy.
    Did you just state that Fel couldn't possibly contain life-energy? =O If you're right and Fel couldn't possibly contain life-energy:

I guess that means that the warlocks' Drain Life spell (which is a Fel spell), which transfers life-energy, doesn't contain life-energy.

I guess that means demonic soulstones and soul shards, which contains life-energy, don't contain life-energy.

I guess that means demons couldn't possibly contain life-energy, which means they're dead.

Do you wish to revert your statement that Fel couldn't possibly contain life-energy? If you revert your statement you've made me waste time constructing a reply. If you do revert your statement, do you want to compensate me?

When the life energy was destroyed to create fel, it became something else. Once you burn down a tree, it is no longer a tree.

Fel is created by sacrificing life-energy AND it is powered by life-energy. Sacrificing life-energy doesn't always result in Fel being created; Ner'zhul sacrificed souls and blood to power his spells, did he use Fel? No.

Fel is sacrificed life-energy that uses itself and other life-energies as fuel, death-energy that uses life-energy as fuel, or whatever life-energy is broken down into that uses life-energy as fuel.

Pick.

Demons are living beings that use life as fuel, dead beings that use life as fuel, or are whatever living beings are broken down into that use life as fuel.

Pick.
    Last edited by Cheapnecrolyte; 2015-05-29 at 07:10 AM.