Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Miyani View Post
    Apparently that is very common now, it was in the news earlier in the week. Same as when twilight hit the cinema though. Not as bad as some Asian/African nations calling their kids hashtag, facebook and like (actual names given!) though.
    I´m really happy that my country doesn´t allow this nonsense.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm usually in my office not NOT playing WoW
    My wife works a job where low-income hospital patients have their insurance claims come across her desk often. As a result, she gets to see tons of names that make her laugh or simply shake her head. She likes to share these with me. Some of the more memorable ones include Juicy Waters (a girl destined to be a stripper), and my personal favorite, Sinister Badman, which would be an awesome comic book villain except nobody would accept it as a real name. People name their kids whatever they want now days. Some are cool, while others are groan-worthy

Quote Originally Posted by Miyani View Post
    Apparently that is very common now, it was in the news earlier in the week. Same as when twilight hit the cinema though. Not as bad as some Asian/African nations calling their kids hashtag, facebook and like (actual names given!) though.
    "Like" would be a great name, for marketing reasons.

"Like me on facebook". Brilliant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    I´m really happy that my country doesn´t allow this nonsense.
    You couldn't have the name Twitter Gruber? It sounds quite Germanic.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    You couldn't have the name Twitter Gruber? It sounds quite Germanic.
    Nope.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Keep your name, people will just fuck with you otherwise (unless they never knew the original ofc). Had a guy who always wanted us to call him Spike so we humoured him and did so right up until he got his name legally changed to Spike at which point we all started calling him by his original name until he actually cried about it. Good old times at the skatepark

If you think that changing your name will improve your life in any aspect, I would go for it. Humans love to discriminate against each other over the dumbest shit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Nope.
    You would be surprised how many silly names still can get through. :<